The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Politics Paper 1 (9PL0 01) - 23rd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel A-level Politics Paper 1 exam go today?

Edexcel A-level Politics Paper 1 (9PL0 01) - 23rd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck. :yy:

General Information
Date/Time: 23rd May 2023/ PM
Length: 2h
Congratulations on finishing your exam everyone :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone,
Does anyone have predictions for the Edexcel A level politics that’s coming this year 2023, for papers 1,2 and 3?
I definitely think there will be a liberalism question this year. And maybe something on referendums since they haven’t come up yet?
Reply 3
Any other predictions? Or maybe some topics to focus on less whilst revising?
Reply 4
Just wondering if any teachers or tutors, even students, have made some educated predictions on what may come up this year in our exam papers? I am just looking for a little bit of extra guidance cause my class is on our 3rd teacher of the year, who is a student teacher... SUGGESTIONS PLEASE :smile:
Original post by naimaha
maybe the EU and sovereignty for paper 2?

Agreed - they’ve have changed the specification and made it v clear as to what should be revised regarding the EU so def don’t miss out EU. A lot of predictions for this years paper 1 has been democracy - definitely focus on that first if you haven’t:smile:
Supposedly Liberalism is likely to come up as it was scheduled to be examined during one of the years where exams were cancelled with COVID, and hasnt been examined pre-COVID either.
any predictions for paper three Edexcel politics Alevel
Reply 8
Do you think they could ask about participation crisis?
omg really? I was kinda assuming they wouldn't ask about EU. It's such a niche and small part of the spec and I'm hoping they wouldn't be that mean considering our year didn't do GCSEs
(Original post by naimaha)maybe the EU and sovereignty for paper 2?
Reply 10
i doubt devolution will come up again

Original post by Aboot
Any other predictions? Or maybe some topics to focus on less whilst revising?
Original post by username6117013
Hey everyone,
Does anyone have predictions for the Edexcel A level politics that’s coming this year 2023, for papers 1,2 and 3?

for paper 1: democracy and participation seems like a prevalent topic that they could talk a lot about so I am revising that, I think political parties too and perhaps a source question on electoral reforms but im not too sure

for paper 2 I have no idea so of anyone could come through please do!!!
im not sure if they would do that- seems like an easy question. someone needs to go over past papers to see what their most repetitive themes are tbh
Original post by zainmate
Do you think they could ask about participation crisis?
Reply 13
Original post by Agbaje015
any predictions for paper three Edexcel politics Alevel

global? if so, i think power and development will come up since a large chunk of it was cut out in the advanced info last year!
Reply 14
Original post by samraa80
global? if so, i think power and development will come up since a large chunk of it was cut out in the advanced info last year!

Yep - I am a global sector student too. (:
Reply 15
does anyone have any predictions on ideologies? do you know which one it was last year?
Reply 16
Electoral Systems has consistently come up in every single paper 1 in this spec. Could mean that it comes up again this year.
That is true- liberalism defo has to come up too
Original post by hk8
Electoral Systems has consistently come up in every single paper 1 in this spec. Could mean that it comes up again this year.
Reply 18
Hi guys I’m a politics student in year 12 and this is kind of off topic but I struggle a lot with finding recent news which my teachers recommend to use in our essays and since most of you will be sitting your exams very soon. Any tips? Or like places I can find news and key evidences that link to the spec and how do you revise for the exams?
Hey! Don't worry I was in the same boat when I was in year 12 but you can always find up to date examples of politics by searching what's new in UK politics today surrounding (insert the topic). Usually the most up to date thing is probably legislation passed by our current Conservative Party.

If you're discussing rights protection in the UK you can bring up how the Conservative Party is planning on removing the HRA and replacing it with a Bill of Rights which is pretty up to date.

Hope I could help.
Original post by Hailey629
Hi guys I’m a politics student in year 12 and this is kind of off topic but I struggle a lot with finding recent news which my teachers recommend to use in our essays and since most of you will be sitting your exams very soon. Any tips? Or like places I can find news and key evidences that link to the spec and how do you revise for the exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending