The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Best make up to hide face and arm bruises? Thnx? I have double PE first tomorrow and

Scroll to see replies

Original post by igcsegirl
Yes it's your business, you asked for advice on bruises not on life :smile:
but hey if you need someone to talk to i wont judge!

Original post by Exon
That wasn't OP

It's a perfectly reasonable thing to ask considering OP is anon.

Original post by Daffodill
f*** sake she is clearly being abused by someone

why else would she be anonymous? If she really did fall she'd say so in the first post
if it is not abuse she wouldn't be so urgently tryin to cover it and going to so much effort to hide it that'd she'd go out in the morning to buy new make up. She'd also have corrected igcse girl in the first place when she alluded to something going on

it is completely wrong for you to tell people they can't ask how she got the bruises!! Why would you do that maybe if OP had seen that question shed spontaneously open up and take the first step to getting out of this predicament

also how can you "fall" and end up with bruises on both your arms and also your face?! Can Any of you see how this is possible?!

sorry op I know you won't like This and probably won't reply but I implore you to just be honest here remember you're anonymous anyway nothing's going to happen but it might make it easier for you to talk about it in the future when you see no one here is judging.

Please I've taken a lot of time to type this up don't just ignore it please reply

if you don't at least act on my words and do something

It could be seen as insensitive.

Original post by Anonymous
well this is weird I didnt mean to cause all this :P

ok fair point Daffodil yes my boyfriend beats me up.

Thanks for your concern but Andy is right there's nothing anyone can do
especially when it's up to me

but before you start this isn't like those stories you hear I don't have anyone else so itd be really stupid to even try to leave. And most of the time it's not like it happens for no reason I don't mean to but I provoke him and I know what he's like

so yeah that was weird and thanks

****ing hell OP, you're brave. Really, really brave. I really hope things get better for you; being male, I can't possibly imagine what it must be like.

If there's anything I can do to help then let me know, but for now, just... stay safe, mate.

The rest of you, have some respect and don't treat someone's life like it's something to be toyed with, analysed and dissected.
Original post by Andy98
Yeah. But I know from experience that it's much easier to say when people aren't pressuring you..... Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiceTheSlice
If she was abused she wouldn't put smiley faces like this :P
Original post by igcsegirl
Haha i was getting so confused
Original post by Exon
That wasn't OP It's a perfectly reasonable thing to ask considering OP is anon.
not the way to go about things :/
Original post by spiritless98
Why do you have bruises ? Posted from TSR Mobile
o

hate to say I told you so... But y'know...

Posted from TSR Mobile
OP:

Don't be stupid you don't "know what he's like" unless your like him and go around beating people to get what you want you can't understand his mind! If you did you wouldn't provoke him but the fact you don't even know what's going to set him off shows you don't know him.

You may try to pretend to yourself that he loves you but this is a lie. Your not loved. Your used and abused. If you loved someone wouldn't you treat them exactly the opposite of how you are currently being treated?

Yes you may not have anyone. But is rather have no one than an abusive partner.

Also you probably think you love him... You don't!! You're scared of him. It's not love that's keeping you there it's fear and the "love" you feel is actually shame on your part that fear is holding you back so you disguise it as love. Admit it deep down you're ashamed of yourself. That's not unusual of course you'll feel silly and frustrated with yourself for staying somewhere you know you're in danger and you can't enjoy that.

Please please I implore you to come to your senses and leave him before real damage is done

Posted from TSR Mobile
It could be seen as insensitive.

****ing hell OP, you're brave. Really, really brave. I really hope things get better for you; being male, I can't possibly imagine what it must be like.

If there's anything I can do to help then let me know, but for now, just... stay safe, mate.

The rest of you, have some respect and don't treat someone's life like it's something to be toyed with, analysed and dissected.

Thank you :smile: ha anonymity will do that for you if I was brave I wouldn't be in this mess :P

I knew a guy who went through this kinda stuff before and I definitely think it's harder for males. i think its easier for us females to accept
And most of the time it's not like it happens for no reason I don't mean to but I provoke him and I know what he's like

You should not try and condone his abusive behaviour. There is no excuse for him to be abusing you. It actually makes me mad reading that. It isn't your fault.
Original post by NathanW18
You should not try and condone his abusive behaviour. There is no excuse for him to be abusing you. It actually makes me mad reading that. It isn't your fault.

didnt say it's my fault just that I'm not blameless

i don't make the effort to remember and avoid the things that upset him.

I make be same mistakes again and again so I can see his frustration

I'm not making excuses I'm just trying to show you that this isn't one of those proper abuse cases like those awful stories you hear
My late mum went through one of those so trust me I know what a properly abusive relationship looks like

I'm not making excuses I'm just trying to show you that this isn't one of those proper abuse cases like those awful stories you hear

Omg how old are you? 14? 15? 16?

You are far too young to be going through this. Please speak to someone who can help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28

but before you start this isn't like those stories you hear I don't have anyone else so itd be really stupid to even try to leave. And most of the time it's not like it happens for no reason I don't mean to but I provoke him and I know what he's like

I said there's nothing we can do - there are still people out there who can help.

Although may I ask how you provoke him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Daffodill
o

hate to say I told you so... But y'know...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good going uncovering the truth man. I hope you can persuade the op to leave her relationship

Hey, this is the sort of relationship that happens in rural areas with uneducated people. The boy friend is completely taking advantage of your lack of independence in life. If you live in the UK, this sort of relationship is absolutely unacceptable! Stay safe and take care.
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Hey, this is the sort of relationship that happens in rural areas with uneducated people. The boy friend is completely taking advantage of your lack of independence in life. If you live in the UK, this sort of relationship is absolutely unacceptable! Stay safe and take care.

Not true, it happens with highly educated people also! It's just a misunderstanding it only happens to uneducated people or in uneducated places.
Original post by StyleIcon
Omg how old are you? 14? 15? 16?

You are far too young to be going through this. Please speak to someone who can help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I'm really sorry that you are in this situation, I had a feeling it was bad. You say that there is no one else for you to go to which is why you cannot leave him, and I get that you wouldn't want to go into care, assuming you are under 18 as you are doing PE.

There are people who can help, even if it's not involving the police. I would suggest calling a helpline such as Childline or Samaritans which are completely anonymous and free, just so that you can talk through the situation with someone who knows what you are going through and can talk you through your options.

You have a better and brighter life ahead of you, I don't doubt that, it just takes the courage to ask for help, and there is nothing to be ashamed of.
OP: You need to understand this:

1) There is no situation in which you can be routinely subject to a level of violence that leaves you with bruises that is acceptable. This is an intolerable situation that you do not have to put up with. Even if this is a case of mutual violence, you hit him, he hits you etc. this is a state of affairs that has to stop, and once it does your quality of life will improve considerably, no matter how hopeless that seems from your current position.

2) Ending this relationship will be hard and no matter how you chose to go about it, whether you chose to involve the police or not, you will go through a difficult period of turmoil that will be uncomfortable. Anyone who tells you otherwise is being unrealistic. This doesn't mean it isn't worth it, it absolutely is.

3) If you're in the UK there is plenty of help and support available, call the Samaritans, Walk into a Police station and speak to the receptionist, walk into a GPs surgery and explain your situation, or contact your local woman's shelter directly.

This is absolutely your decision but there is very clearly a right a wrong answer. I hope you find the courage to make the right call.
Reply 35

I work with women who are in your position. It is not and never will be your fault. You said you don't have anyone to help but I promise you there are so many organisations who can help you. Where are you from? Women's Aid are all over the UK but there's also so many other organisations too. They can help you leave and they also have refuges all over which means you'll have a place to stay too and with regards to money they'll also help you with that.

I know it's easier said than done but please seek some help from somebody. I don't know your situation or anything about you but I promise there is an alternative to what you're currently experiencing.

Message me if you want a chat, advise, anything!
Reply 36
Dear op: Plz plz plz do not think that u r not blameless, even if u v made ur bf unhappy, beating up a girl is never a right thing to do for a real man. Also, it is not earier for female to accept, it is not easy for any to accept things like this.
I guess u r still quite young, teenage, probably? Trust me, there is a long way to go in the future, u can definitely live without a man who beats u up (no matter what the reason is, that s unacceptable). U definitely deserve a better guy who truly loves u an respects u.
Do not be afraid of leaving him, u have to respect urself and be strong first so that others do not dare to hurt u. Go to an adult for help or call the childline, or just ask online and there r people like us who want to help.
I m not gonna judge u at all and its ur choice of what to do, really wish u all the best
I have a big bruise on my cheek, I have had it 4 days now it’s uellow I have arnica cream and hiroduid cream how long would u say it wil be gone as it’s embarrassing and quiet big

Latest

Trending

Trending