The Student Room Group

Help! I have issues understanding some IGCSE principles.

Can you get penalized for leaving a question blank?
Can you get penalize for answering a question wrongly?
Whats the grade range? (100-90 : A, 80:90 : B, etc)
Will failing one exam make your entire sheet useless even if you aced your other exams?
No you won't get penalized for either. You just won't get a mark for them

The grade boundaries vary each year depending on the difficulty level of the paper and how the students perform, overall.
Like, last year many students for maths got 200/200 and the grade boundaries went way too high and our grades fell pretty badly :smile:

Um well that honestly depends on the subject. If you're gonna continue that specific subject in the future, then yes, it kinda ruines your results. But then (god forbid), say you fail in Physics but you have no plans on continuing it in the future, that really doesn't matter.

Hope I cleared your doubts, any more doubts please feel free to pm me :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by manal_mansoor
No you won't get penalized for either. You just won't get a mark for them

The grade boundaries vary each year depending on the difficulty level of the paper and how the students perform, overall.
Like, last year many students for maths got 200/200 and the grade boundaries went way too high and our grades fell pretty badly :smile:

Um well that honestly depends on the subject. If you're gonna continue that specific subject in the future, then yes, it kinda ruines your results. But then (god forbid), say you fail in Physics but you have no plans on continuing it in the future, that really doesn't matter.

Hope I cleared your doubts, any more doubts please feel free to pm me :biggrin:
Thank you for the information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending