The Student Room Group

OCR G481 Mechanics May 2015 (Disaster)

I've done every single paper for physics, and learnt all the definitions and experiments, this was the hardest paper I've ever seen it was definitely harder than last years paper, why are they doing this?
How can they expect us to answer all the questions in 1 hour? that is not even possible, guys please help me, we should complain, because it is not fair, I've got As and A*s in every single paper, but for this one, I don't think I got an A, I probably got an E, Please help.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by neverseenanalien
I've done every single paper for physics, and learnt all the definitions and experiments, this was the hardest paper I've ever seen it was definitely harder than last years paper, why are they doing this?
How can they expect us to answer all the questions in 1 hour? that is not even possible, guys please help me, we should complain, because it is not fair, I've got As and A*s in every single paper, but for this one, I don't think I got an A, I probably got an E, Please help.

Have you seen the mark scheme? If not, check it out here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3341417

Don't put yourself down, it was a very hard paper, but you may have done better than you think. Also, so many people found it hard and are probably thinking the same as you, and as a result the grade boundaries will be lower too, so you'll probably get a better grade than you're expecting to get.
Even if you didn't do very well in unit 1 though, you can always make it up in unit 2. Just work hard, as unit 2 is worth more than unit 1 in terms of the overall AS level.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lukejoshjames
Have you seen the mark scheme? If not, check it out here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3341417

Don't put yourself down, it was a very hard paper, but you may have done better than you think. Also, so many people found it hard and are probably thinking the same as you, and as a result the grade boundaries will be lower too, so you'll probably get a better grade than you're expecting to get.
Even if you didn't do very well in unit 1 though, you can always make it up in unit too. Just work hard, as unit too is worth more than unit 1 in terms of the overall AS level.

I don't want to see the marking scheme, it was so unfair
Reply 4
That's surprising to hear, I thought it was an average paper, definitely not as hard as last year... I have heard people say it was quite tricky though- i didn't really bother learning many of the definitions so it suited me haha

Quick Reply

Latest