The Student Room Group

AQA Biology AS Level Unit 2 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by edward090
I have done countless past paper questions and the majority (there are some that dont) that require knowledge of the stages ie anaphase 2 or metaphase 2 etc

is this for aqa? because then they are talking about mitosis not meiosis
Original post by Azula
is this for aqa? because then they are talking about mitosis not meiosis

http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/pack.html
yh they are every PP question from 2009. mitosis doesnt have a second stage?
Reply 382
Original post by edward090
http://sciencemathsmaster.weebly.com/pack.html
yh they are every PP question from 2009. mitosis doesnt have a second stage?

that isnt aqa
can somebody outline the ethical issues related to animals in genetic diversity??
Original post by Azula
that isnt aqa

It is
But it's prior 2009
It's still relevant tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also , if anyone can explain to me how transpiration effects ? the transpiration rate??
Reply 386
Original post by Bloom77
It is
But it's prior 2009
It's still relevant tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

have you seen any question about meiosis relating to any of the stages he has described in any recent paper, because i havent and the cgp guide and aqa endorsed textbook does not mention any of those stages for meiosis either so i'm just going with what i see :wink:
Reply 388

small eggs have large sa:vol ratio so more pesticide moves by diffusion into the eggs and harms them and the egg wall is permeable
Original post by Azula
small eggs have large sa:vol ratio so more pesticide moves by diffusion into the eggs and harms them and the egg wall is permeable

Why is it diffusion an not osmosis as wouldn't more pesticide reduce water potential
what 6 markers could come up
Describe and explain how xerophytic plants are adapted to there function? [6 marks]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Azula
that isnt aqa

what is it then.....
Reply 393
Original post by anonymator
Describe and explain how xerophytic plants are adapted to there function? [6 marks]

Posted from TSR Mobile

stomato sunk in pits to trap water vapour, reducing evaporation (and transpiration) by lowering the concentration gradient
curled leaves with stomata inside to protect from wind and so reduce water loss
a layer of hairs on epidermis to trap water vapour round the stomato and reduce diffusion gradient
reduced no of stomata so fewer places for transpiration to occur and for water to escape
waxy, waterproof cuticle on leaves and stem to reduce transpiration of water (and evaporation)
Figured it out!!! Sorry 😂
(edited 8 years ago)
How did everyone find the exam?
Reply 396
Bullsht paper
GG WP

Posted from TSR Mobile
what the actual hell was Q8 and 9 on about though
How did everyone find it?
Hated it, what kind of paper was that??????! There was literally no questions on the actual topics in the book it was all just on graphs and data like wth

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending