The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level Priority Remark - advice please

AQA A-level remark priority option takes 'up to 15 calendar days' from applying for it. Deadline set by first choice uni to inform them if the remark grade increases to meet their offer is 31 August, but even if a priority remark was applied for on results day 17 August, the uni deadline of 31 August is only 14 days ! So there's a real risk that the remark result would come back *after* uni deadline. What are chances of getting a remark result back in time to appeal to first choice uni? This timeframe seems incredibly unfair. Can't get answer from AQA or college or uni. Anyone got any experience or insight into likelihood of getting remark result back in time for this uni deadline? Seriously considering pros/cons applying for remark as grade breakdown only a few points off the A* required.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m also interested to know this…
Interested too
Anyone know the likelihood of bio going up 2 marks? I’m miserable
Original post by Mickjagger
Anyone know the likelihood of bio going up 2 marks? I’m miserable

Did you ask your teachers to look at your scripts before asking for a review of marking? Did they think you had a strong chance?
Original post by normaw
Did you ask your teachers to look at your scripts before asking for a review of marking? Did they think you had a strong chance?

My teacher was on holiday 😀 he said send all 3 in because may as well but he didn’t check
Has anybody got any remarks back yet from any of the exam boards?
Original post by susannegatewood
Has anybody got any remarks back yet from any of the exam boards?

Yes - I saw a thread a couple of days ago with a student reporting that their priority review had come back and they had been accepted by their firm.
(Original post by normaw)Yes - I saw a thread a couple of days ago with a student reporting that their priority review had come back and they had been accepted by their firm.

Thanks that's good to hear we've not heard a thing since last Thursday
Reply 9
Original post by susannegatewood
(Original post by normaw)Yes - I saw a thread a couple of days ago with a student reporting that their priority review had come back and they had been accepted by their firm.

Thanks that's good to hear we've not heard a thing since last Thursday

We’re also still waiting but did submit 2 papers 🤞
any1 heard from aqa?
Reply 11
Original post by normaw
Yes - I saw a thread a couple of days ago with a student reporting that their priority review had come back and they had been accepted by their firm.

Hi could you please attach the link to that thread? Thank you so much!
Original post by bmione
Hi could you please attach the link to that thread? Thank you so much!

Link please
Hi any updates
Reply 14
we received our AQA Priority remarking results for chemistry, Biology today. One went up and another grade stayed same
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by shivuu007
we received our AQA Priority remarking results for chemistry, Biology today. One went up and another grade stayed same

which went up? and how many marks were u off x
Reply 16
I just sent off my psychology papers, paper 1 & 2 two days ago and I’m hoping it comes back in time…4 marks off
Original post by shivuu007

also did u send all 3 papers in? I have sent bio in v nervous
Original post by yasg8
I just sent off my psychology papers, paper 1 & 2 two days ago and I’m hoping it comes back in time…4 marks off

good luck this wait is hellish
Reply 19
Original post by Mickjagger
which went up? and how many marks were u off x

Biology went up by 1mark and it was enough to move from A to A*

Quick Reply

Latest