The Student Room Group

AQA AS Unit 1 Biology - Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kill3er
Think it was the second question, match the letters with the function and then work out magnification of the cell?

Original post by Student20142014
There was a picture of a cell.

The cell was labeled with letters, you were asked to fill out a table linking 3 function to their respective letter.

The functions were something like:
Protein Synthesis
Aerobic Respiration
Packages Enzymes

(or something like that, hope this helps)

oh yh i remember now! lol i did do them thankfully
thank you both :biggrin:
Original post by Student20142014
I didn't add that, but it was a 2 marker so I would say there is a good chance that could be one of the marks :smile:

Marks for equation and what increase this is a similar question to one on a another past paper
Original post by Borokid1997
LDL was facillitated diffusion it specifically mentions the protein involved in the process of moving the lipid through the membrane of liver cells I don't know why people say active transport or normal diffusion

its normal diffusion because LDL's are lipid soluble and therefore can simply diffuse through the phospholipid bilayer
Original post by Lawliettt
Did you also have to talk about the muscles in their heart getting stronger/thicker for the in order for their stroke volume to increase or did i add unnecessary info.

Edit: and ffs I couldn't remember the word stroke volume so i said something stupid like volume of blood pumped out heart per heartbeat

i put sv increases so more blood pumped each beat heart rate decreases so same amount of blood is pumped each minute probs got a mark
It specifically mentions receptor and being taken into cell via a protein read the question properly
Btw anyone who put active transport for that question needs to be SHOT!!!!!!

i put active transport :-))))) (-:::
Otherwise how would it ever be inhibited if it could 'simply diffuse through the phospholipid bilayer'
For the lipid question I said something to do with carrier proteins,,, is that wrong??
Btw anyone who put active transport for that question needs to be SHOT!!!!!!

No they don't.

After all..

The more people who got the question incorrect..

The lower the grade boundaries................ :wink:

It wouldn't have much of an effect, but it would be nice to pretend.
Well, at least if we've all done badly then thegrade boundaries will be low :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)
Yeah it's carrier proteins just with facillitated diffusion why would you ever put the active transport it mentions about a concentration gradient haha
Consensus at my school was that it was a easy paper and we thought grade boundaries would be high, strange so many people differ
Original post by johnreeman
its normal diffusion because LDL's are lipid soluble and therefore can simply diffuse through the phospholipid bilayer

But then why even mention the proteins? I definitely dont think its normal diffusion and there's no evidence to suggest it was active transport...
Yeah it's carrier proteins just with facillitated diffusion why would you ever put the active transport it mentions about a concentration gradient haha

yeah you must be right because active transport has absolutely nothing to do with carrier proteins or anything to do with concentration gradients ......................................
Yeah cow active transport goes against the concentration gradient this mentions about the lipids being take up going with the concentration gradient you woper

samuelsingleton has got you good tbf
Original post by SamuelSingleton
yeah you must be right because active transport has absolutely nothing to do with carrier proteins or anything to do with concentration gradients ......................................

Errrrrrrrrrrrr
Original post by nickmatthews
samuelsingleton has got you good tbf

He hasn't really has he cos he put simple diffusion or summit which is wrong and put facillitated diffusion which is right
Original post by Sacred Ground
I put antigen of LDL

But the role of the antibodies was to prevent the protein from binding to the receptors if I'm not mistaken? So the antibodies would've needed to destroy the regulator protein, not the LDL. I may be completely wrong :')
Yeah cow active transport goes against the concentration gradient this mentions about the lipids being take up going with the concentration gradient you woper

the stem of the question also said that the liver cells are the only ones in the body with the receptor for LDL, meaning the whole concentration of LDLs in the body are stored in those cells ... that's pretty against the gradient if you ask me
question didn't say the concentration of LDLs is high in the body..it said IF it gets high it can lead to ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending