The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Mathematics Paper 2 (7357/2) - 13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your AQA A-level Mathematics Paper 2 exam chat go today?

AQA A-level Mathematics Paper 2 (7357/2) - 13th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 13th Jun 2023/ PM
Length: 2 hours
Congratulations on finishing your exam
(edited 10 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The worst paper to ever exist in Mathematics. Pure section will save me as well as velocity time-graphs and easy suvat questions. If I see moments, pulleys, or even the word tension RIP
Reply 2
Original post by ds13990609
the worst paper to ever exist in mathematics. Pure section will save me as well as velocity time-graphs and easy suvat questions. If i see moments, pulleys, or even the word tension rip

literally same
Is there anyway to predict what pure maths will appear on this paper after p1
Reply 4
Original post by CocaineOnTheCob
Is there anyway to predict what pure maths will appear on this paper after p1

My teacher said that realistically anything can be assessed from the spec but focus on the stuff that didn’t come up like parametric equations and quadratics (discriminant etc) and differentiation to find maximum and minimum points
Reply 5
Original post by DS13990609
The worst paper to ever exist in Mathematics. Pure section will save me as well as velocity time-graphs and easy suvat questions. If I see moments, pulleys, or even the word tension RIP

Worst part is they almost always come up 💀
Reply 6
does anybody have any predictions about what may come up in this paper for the pure section? I mean specifically what topics did not come up in paper 1 since I don't really remember
roughly how many marks do you think for a B? they keep saying close to pre pandemic but 2018 was 158 and 2019 was 151, not sure which one they’re likely to aim towards
Anyone else literally only done mechanics this week? Just can't seem to get moments and it's annoying me
Original post by AnotherStudent!
Anyone else literally only done mechanics this week? Just can't seem to get moments and it's annoying me

watch TL maths he explains it very well and try the question before he does them so you can see where you went wrong
Reply 10
Manifesting loads of suvat questions :smile:
Original post by pa01111
Manifesting loads of suvat questions :smile:

nooooo suvat is disgusting
Reply 12
Are ladders going to be used as moments questions for AQA or is that not on syllabus.
Original post by James2711
Are ladders going to be used as moments questions for AQA or is that not on syllabus.

i’m pretty sure ladders in moments aren’t in aqa mechanics
Reply 14
Original post by AnotherStudent!

I highly recommend Exam Solutions. He goes through step by step and instead of mark schemes he goes through every question.
does anyone have the predicted paper for mech
Reply 16
my brain can't comprehend projectiles, moments and suvat:confused:
Reply 17
Original post by mo.aden
my brain can't comprehend projectiles, moments and suvat:confused:

i literally cannot do mechanics i never understand them and never know what to do for a question ive not seen before
Reply 18
Reply 19
guys, I know everyone is complaining about mechanics, but my real concern is pure, like mechanics you know what will come up and its a short list of everything, pure they can ask ANYTHING, and icl I feel less prepared for the pure part vs mechanics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending