The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry F321 Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lukejoshjames
Yeah it was hydrogen bonding. I put dipole dipole interactions and didn't even think about hydrogen bonds for some reason :/

oh ok i literally had a panick attack when u guys said it was permanent dipole dople
Original post by optimistsan23
oh ok i literally had a panick attack when u guys said it was permanent dipole dople

Nah don't worry you go it :smile: It just seems weird to me how van der Waals' forces between Br2 molecules are stronger than hydrogen bonds between NH3 molecules, but eh, what can you do...
Original post by Angelo12231
LOL yeah but you do get those few that completely flopped too

totally agree. i just need to work my butt off over this half-term for the second paper then. Hoping to save my grade here. xD
Original post by lukejoshjames
Nah don't worry you go it :smile: It just seems weird to me how van der Waals' forces between Br2 molecules are stronger than hydrogen bonds between NH3 molecules, but eh, what can you do...

i know that confused mee sooo much at first,,,
Anyone feel like they didn't get enough time?
Original post by Noodle-Chan
totally agree. i just need to work my butt off over this half-term for the second paper then. Hoping to save my grade here. xD

Im aiming for 150/150 in f322. It needs to happen
I agree the format was different but I don't think it was particularly hard. Probably easier than last year so the grade boundaries could be similar or a bit higher.
Original post by Failedallmyexams
Anyone feel like they didn't get enough time?

Personally had to skip to the 5 marker in the end. I missed like 3 parts of a question :frown:
Im aiming for 150/150 in f322. It needs to happen

Ditto. buuuuuuuut ain't gonna happen for moi. sighs. xD
Personally had to skip to the 5 marker in the end. I missed like 3 parts of a question :frown:

Same, I missed out easy marks because of the timing, what a shame. Let's hope unit 2 is better
Ditto. buuuuuuuut ain't gonna happen for moi. sighs. xD

If you succeed in dropping no more than about 12 marks, then you're cool :biggrin:
Original post by soph1234r
Same, I missed out easy marks because of the timing, what a shame. Let's hope unit 2 is better

yeah :/ even if it's not a 'better' paper, I need to get full ums.
If you succeed in dropping no more than about 12 marks, then you're cool :biggrin:

better get ready to sell my soul to satan then... :biggrin:
better get ready to sell my soul to satan then... :biggrin:

hahaha that was really funny :')
does anyone have an unofficial mark scheme yet??
Well, people were crying how easy it was apparently. It took me so long to do the calc question and it was an unconventional paper. Periodic trends, being the easy part of f321, didn't hold many marks either so definitely unconventional

the calculations questions i think were there to ruin the whole paper for us, so what i did was complete the rest of the paper first and com back to them. funny things was this was the first time i have struggled badly in a calculations question in chemistry so i think it was a difficult paper.
Original post by the traveller
the calculations questions i think were there to ruin the whole paper for us, so what i did was complete the rest of the paper first and com back to them. funny things was this was the first time i have struggled badly in a calculations question in chemistry so i think it was a difficult paper.

Yeah normally they're free marks.

There were too many different volumes to balance in a matter of 6 minutes (as it was 6 marks) and they really need to condense the information... its a 1 hour paper, we don't have time to read.
Yeah normally they're free marks.

There were too many different volumes to balance in a matter of 6 minutes (as it was 6 marks) and they really need to condense the information... its a 1 hour paper, we don't have time to read.

exactly, i think i would be happy if the grade boundaries stay the same at 45/46 since they are normally at 49/50/51 for years previous to 2014. what are your predictions
Original post by the traveller
exactly, i think i would be happy if the grade boundaries stay the same at 45/46 since they are normally at 49/50/51 for years previous to 2014. what are your predictions

I discussed it with a few others, we feel it will be 44 and there have been new things being tested thought it was more unexpected than hard. The test could've been the easiest piece of piss in the world, but if the test has an unexpected layout then it can make all the difference. The layout of this one was fairly standard however, but I do think it was quite iffy at the same time. 44.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending