The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Biology B2 (GCSE)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Umm nope, this is for GCSE not iGCSE, sorryyyy
Original post by Shatryy
Sorry to interfere, but is this for the IGCSE this friday? bilogy? edexcel?

No, it's not for IGCSE, it's for GCSE but yeah it's edexcel biology. Anyway, I wanted to ask what's the difference between IGCSE and GCSE? Is IGCSE harder?
Reply 22
Apparently IGCSE has assignments plus an exam but GCSE has like a controlled assessment plus the exam which is worth more. Apparently IGCSE is quite hard though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by gcses2015
no, it's not for igcse, it's for gcse but yeah it's edexcel biology. Anyway, i wanted to ask what's the difference between igcse and gcse? Is igcse harder?

igcse is way harderrr lol, but with enough revision and practise its not as hard .:colondollar:
Original post by Shatryy
igcse is way harderrr lol, but with enough revision and practise its not as hard .:colondollar:

Ohh I thought igcse was easier cuz few of my friends did igcse for science and they all said it's much easier than the normal ones. Anyway, good luck! :smile:
Reply 25
Pretty confident that the two 6 markers will be Enzymes and Circulatory system (heart)/Digestive system
Original post by d_y119
Pretty confident that the two 6 markers will be Enzymes and Circulatory system (heart)/Digestive system

I will be happy if that comes up! :smile:
Hey guys got the same exam I'm in year 10 did core in year 9 and doing further in year 11!
Yeah if the Human Genome project came up, it would be so easy but I dont think mitosis and meiosis will come up because it came up before. I think this time the 6 marker might be about water transport or plants. :/ I hate the whole plant section.

I have a feeling that it may come up, as it comes up like every year. Even though I highly hope it doesn't, I think meiosis may come up instead of mitosis because mitosis has popped up too many times. I really hope B2 will be as easy B1 was. :u:
Original post by sarahali_00
I have a feeling that it may come up, as it comes up like every year. Even though I highly hope it doesn't, I think meiosis may come up instead of mitosis because mitosis has popped up too many times. I really hope B2 will be as easy B1 was. :u:

Omg B1 was not easy! :s-smilie: I remember I cried after the exam but somehow I still got an A lol.
Reply 30
Do you think? Tbh I hope stem cells or genetic engineering don't come up but there's a slightly high chance that they will

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by Shatryy
Sorry to interfere, but is this for the IGCSE this friday? bilogy? edexcel?

no, i believe its for GCSE Biology Additional Science.
Omg B1 was not easy! :s-smilie: I remember I cried after the exam but somehow I still got an A lol.

Omg! I loved the B1, the 6 markers were like a gift lol. Ugh b2 tho, I really hope it's simple im tryna cram in all the stuff about transpiration.
Reply 34
Ugh its tomorrow and I'm stressing so so so much ughhh I'm gonna cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
A 6 marker on the digestive system, blood vessels (circulatory system) or the human genome project may very well be possible!
Or maybe even a 6 marker on breaking down food (carbohydrates, proteases, lipases), blood or the heart.
Personally, for me a 6 mark question on the heart and digestive system would be awesome!!

Other questions (that never or hardly come up) could also include:
Limiting factors,
Probiotics, prebiotics, plant stanol esters,
Plant and animal growth,
DNA discovery.

Hope this helps.
Original post by Colonel Sanders
A 6 marker on the digestive system, blood vessels (circulatory system) or the human genome project may very well be possible!
Or maybe even a 6 marker on breaking down food (carbohydrates, proteases, lipases), blood or the heart.
Personally, for me a 6 mark question on the heart and digestive system would be awesome!!

Other questions (that never or hardly come up) could also include:
Limiting factors,
Probiotics, prebiotics, plant stanol esters,
Plant and animal growth,
DNA discovery.

Hope this helps.

Any full paper predictions? e.g.

Q1) Topic
Q2) Another topic and so on?
Also, something on sampling and one of those quadrat calculation questions [they have never come up] could be possible.
Original post by HarryKane28
Any full paper predictions? e.g.

Q1) Topic
Q2) Another topic and so on?

Unfortunately not. if you do however happen do find out please tell me too!
thanks! and good luck.
Original post by Colonel Sanders
Unfortunately not. if you do however happen do find out please tell me too!
thanks! and good luck.

Thanks :biggrin: Hopefully this paper is as easy as B1, highly doubt it though ://

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending