The Student Room Group

2024 Dentistry entry and UCAT

Hi. I just got 2660 and L3 SJT on my UCAT and am disappointed with this. Do you think I would still get any interviews? I am predicted AAA.
Thanks
bump
Reply 2
Hi my UCAT is 2510 B2, v disappointed.
GCSEs: 9999998887
A levels: Predicted AAA
Which unis will I have a best chance of interview for dentistry?
Please any advice will be helpful 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼
Original post by MedBuddy

please let me know if you get any responses
Reply 4
I got UCAT results recently and pretty disappointed as I was performing better in practice (Medify) and did two months revision. And came out with 2510 B1 - I think it was stress and almost complete lack of sleep the night before…
A*A*A predicted (Teacher estimate)
2 weeks WE + Dentaid volunteering + Carehomes + good extra curriculars etc
Is there any hope for a dent interview?
Reply 5
Really hoping some pros can come in and sort us all out🤣…
i got 2490 band 1 , probs not gonna apply this year icl
Reply 7
Are you going to take gap year?
Original post by TobyH05
Are you going to take gap year?

most likely, i will probs still apply this year j to see how it works but ill have a better chance if i take a gap year
Reply 9
Leeds could defo be one to apply to.
They've switched to UCAT for the first time ever and have scrapped bMAT. and to get an interview for Leeds in the bMAT years you needed an average score for an interview so I'm assuming the same will apply to UCAT scores. So an average ucat score could be enough and you've achieved that.
Hope this helps.
Original post by MedBuddy
Reply 10
Leeds could defo be one to apply to.
They've switched to UCAT for the first time ever and have scrapped bMAT. and to get an interview for Leeds in the bMAT years you needed an average score for an interview so I'm assuming the same will apply to UCAT scores. So an average ucat score could be enough and you've achieved that.
Hope this helps.
Original post by TobyH05
I got UCAT results recently and pretty disappointed as I was performing better in practice (Medify) and did two months revision. And came out with 2510 B1 - I think it was stress and almost complete lack of sleep the night before…
A*A*A predicted (Teacher estimate)
2 weeks WE + Dentaid volunteering + Carehomes + good extra curriculars etc
Is there any hope for a dent interview?
Reply 11
is 2770 good enough for birmingham and manchester? assuming sjt and grades are all good, maybe mcr considers me holistically?
Reply 12
I am currently studying Chemistry, Biology and Maths A levels and I am on my way to getting predictions of AAA.
My GCSE subjects and grades are:
Maths:8, Biology:7, Chemistry:7, Physics:7, Business:7, History:7, English Language: 6, English Literature: 6, Product Design: 6, Spanish: 5, Sports Studies: 2D
I achieved a score of 2520 on my UCAT on the most recent round of exams
I would be very grateful if anyone could give me some advice on what dental school to apply to.
Reply 13
Hey guys I got 2840 B2 thinking of applying to King's, Sheffield and Bristol, do you think my UCAT will be too low? (I know I can just wait for end of September but I need help)
Original post by GM2024
Hey guys I got 2840 B2 thinking of applying to King's, Sheffield and Bristol, do you think my UCAT will be too low? (I know I can just wait for end of September but I need help)

Was this a mock or real exam bc I didn't think testing was open?

Quick Reply

Latest