The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Westminster Scholarship

Hey guys, I'm an international student applying for Westminster undergraduate scholarship and currently waiting for the result. I have two questions regarding the matter.

Firstly, apparently I must type my application, but I wrote it myself. My handwriting is decent and the word count is within the limit (I typed it out in Words first). So do you think it will do any harm to my application?

Secondly, what is my chance of getting the university full scholarship with my stats:
A level: AABB (for 4 H2 subjects, H2 in Singapore is like advanced, meaning Higher 2). My course requirement is CCC
Co-curricular activites: Vice-captain of the school's canoeing team, which is the third best in singapore.
Financial need: parents' income before tax is 4000 pounds a year.

Please help me with this. Thank you
Hi Harry,

I just wanted to check in and see if you've heard back yet? If not, you might want to contact the Scholarships team at [email protected] - they're the best people to help you.

Let me know if you've got questions about anything else.

Rosie :smile:
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi

I emailed the Scholarships team on 21 May regarding the issue of written application instead of typewritten one, but I have yet to hear from them.

Thank you Rosie.
Original post by fatharrry
Hi

I emailed the Scholarships team on 21 May regarding the issue of written application instead of typewritten one, but I have yet to hear from them.

Thank you Rosie.

Oh dear I'm sorry to hear that! They've been so busy with all the applications. I'll give them a call now and see if I can find out for you :smile:
Reply 4
That's really nice of you! Thank you very much. I really appreciate that.
That's really nice of you! Thank you very much. I really appreciate that.

Hi Harry,

Just checked - handwritten is fine!

It sounds like you'll have a really strong application. Good luck with it!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
Reply 6
Original post by UniWestminster
Hi Harry,

Just checked - handwritten is fine!

It sounds like you'll have a really strong application. Good luck with it!

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thank you. It really helps that you think I have a strong application. This waiting period is killing me.
Thank you. It really helps that you think I have a strong application. This waiting period is killing me.

I've been there myself - the waiting is difficult but worth it if you get the result you're hoping for!
Reply 8
Original post by UniWestminster
I've been there myself - the waiting is difficult but worth it if you get the result you're hoping for!

You applied for a Westminster scholarship before? Did you get it? I think you did.
Not for Westminster but for other scholarships back when I was still studying!

that is awesome :smile: do you think we still need to wait long for the results?
Original post by ninaSmith
that is awesome :smile: do you think we still need to wait long for the results?

Hi Nina,

It shouldn't be too much longer - the team are very busy but are on schedule to get responses out by the end of the month.

Good luck!

thank you! :smile: do they usually email the ones who got the scholarship first, or last, or all at the same time? I feel like the more time it takes, the more chance it's that I'll need to make quick decisions :wink:

thank you again for your help :smile:
Original post by ninaSmith
thank you! :smile: do they usually email the ones who got the scholarship first, or last, or all at the same time? I feel like the more time it takes, the more chance it's that I'll need to make quick decisions :wink:

thank you again for your help :smile:

They would tend to let successful candidates know first, because not everyone takes up a scholarship and they will want to be sure that they can offer the scholarship to someone else if it's freed up - but that's not a hard and fast rule. It's a bit of a waiting game now I'm afraid!
Reply 14
Hi everyone,

I am an international student applying for Westminster postgraduate scholarship.
As far as I know I can choose only two types of scholarship (e.g. full and full-fee) but I would like to know how many names of scholarship can I indicate in the application form. Thanks in Advance.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Original post by Lillit
Hi everyone,

I am an international student applying for Westminster postgraduate scholarship.
As far as I know I can choose only two types of scholarship (e.g. full and full-fee) but I would like to know how many names of scholarship can I indicate in the application form. Thanks in Advance.
I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Hello

You can only apply for two scholarships on your application form so you need to make sure you meet the entry criteria for the scholarships you are applying for. If you are unsure which scholarship to apply for I would advise you to apply for a full or part tuition fee rather than a full scholarship as there are more of these to award.

Good luck with your application.

Kim
Course Enquiries Office :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending