The Student Room Group

Westminster 2023 entry-the exact time of sending the emails&queen's scholars

guys does anyone know ANYTHING abt the exact time of sending the emails??they said its gonna be released on Wednesday buttttt someone I know said that one of her friends is currently studying in ws and a teacher told her that the results have been decided&they are going to be released on Monday. However, another girl called the school last Fri and the teacher said they'll have a meeting on Mon....what's happening???
btw does anyone know sth about queen's schoolars?Once their results were released three days earlier.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are there any queen's scholar who has already received the offer?😭😭
Original post by jing7
Are there any queen's scholar who has already received the offer?😭😭

Were you interviewed by the Kings Scholar housemaster? If you were then you’re being considered and if you weren’t then you have no chance to get the KS at all I think are you going to go if you don’t get a KS?? Don’t panic there’s nothing you can do about it by now
Original post by HshshsHshsbsbshs
Were you interviewed by the Kings Scholar housemaster? If you were then you’re being considered and if you weren’t then you have no chance to get the KS at all I think are you going to go if you don’t get a KS?? Don’t panic there’s nothing you can do about it by now

i was interviewed by the housemaster of college, but the other interviewer was the head of wren's i think and i knew 2 others so i didn't assume it was an indicator of a scholarship interview...
Then you have a chance of getting the KS, well done :smile:
Original post by nene0712
i was interviewed by the housemaster of college, but the other interviewer was the head of wren's i think and i knew 2 others so i didn't assume it was an indicator of a scholarship interview...
Reply 5
butt idk who interviewed me...im a Chinese student so i joined the online meeting instead of going to the uk, and they didn't tell me who they are😂
for the exact time, one of my friends called them yesterday and the teacher told her that the results r gonna be released today
Original post by jing7
butt idk who interviewed me...im a Chinese student so i joined the online meeting instead of going to the uk, and they didn't tell me who they are😂
for the exact time, one of my friends called them yesterday and the teacher told her that the results r gonna be released today

I thought overseas students have to fly over? I’m local so doesn’t concern me but I thought Westminster is firm about its policy of doing in person interviews??
Reply 7
yes for all the overseas students except those living in china(mainland), cos we have rly strict covid policy
Original post by HshshsHshsbsbshs
I thought overseas students have to fly over? I’m local so doesn’t concern me but I thought Westminster is firm about its policy of doing in person interviews??
Reply 8
guys has anyone received the email?
no
Reply 10
last year they said the results would be released on 1st Oct but they released it on 10th
Original post by jing7
guys has anyone received the email?

apparently every gets it at different times
Original post by jing7
last year they said the results would be released on 1st Oct but they released it on 10th

october ???
Reply 13
nooooo december sorry
well this year most things like interview invites were on time or nearly on time, so hopefully they wont be this late for us
Reply 15
did anyone receive the wl(i received it)
Original post by jing7
did anyone receive the wl(i received it)

Does anyone know how many boarding places they offer per year?
Original post by jing7
guys does anyone know ANYTHING abt the exact time of sending the emails??they said its gonna be released on Wednesday buttttt someone I know said that one of her friends is currently studying in ws and a teacher told her that the results have been decided&they are going to be released on Monday. However, another girl called the school last Fri and the teacher said they'll have a meeting on Mon....what's happening???
btw does anyone know sth about queen's schoolars?Once their results were released three days earlier.
Original post by anonymous-bosch
Does anyone know how many boarding places they offer per year?

I think 20-30
Original post by isabella456
I think 20-30

Do you also know how many people typically apply for boarding places?
Original post by anonymous-bosch
Do you also know how many people typically apply for boarding places?

Hiya! Sorry I'm new to this thread but I'll be joining Westminster as a King's Scholar next September and I'll be boarding (even though I didn't want to haha). The website says a quarter of people from Westminster board - I'm going into sixth form, so that'll be about 50 people? 1,000 applicants were there for the test, with over quarter applying for boarding, so I'd say 50 spaces for about 350 people.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending