The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Accounting and finance Q&A

Hi I've recently finished my 1st year at Greenwich studying accounting and finance. If anyone has any questions about the course or Greenwich in generally feel free to ask.
im gona study accounting and finance at heriot watt university this September and was wondering is the course difficult and is there lots of math? thanks :smile:
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 2
Original post by Hamza192786
im gona study accounting and finance at heriot watt university this September and was wondering is the course difficult and is there lots of math? thanks :smile:

The course I think is no harder than A-levels. However it is important to remember that every uni is different and does the course differently. At Greenwich we had 5 modules first year: management accounting (budgeting, costing, theories to management etc), financial accounting (income statements, cash flow), quants (pretty much A-level maths), Business and financial environment (economics) and personnel development.

Hope this helps and Good luck with your course
is there lot of students in your year doing A&F and what do u think of the chances of getting a job after studying at Greenwich?
Reply 4
Original post by ultimate brain
is there lot of students in your year doing A&F and what do u think of the chances of getting a job after studying at Greenwich?

There were about 100 or so students doing the A&F course, but some of these (like me) were also on the accounting and financial info systems course or finance course.

You are obviously more likely to have better opportunities at the higher universities, like LSE, but that doesn't mean you don't have opportunities at Greenwich. TBH your future prospects is down to you, what grade you get, what you do outside uni, from my experience Greenwich help you with the employability skills part to a large extent and want you to become employable after you graduate.
roughly How many hours of study is needed each day to get the best results in A&F? Are you doing the ACCA qualification after uni?
Reply 6
Original post by ultimate brain
roughly How many hours of study is needed each day to get the best results in A&F? Are you doing the ACCA qualification after uni?

It depends on how you study best. I was lazy in my first year and only spent around an hour per subject per week ( 4 hours) which meant I had to buckle down during exam time and spent about a month and a half constantly in the library. I would say to put in 3 hours per subject per week and you should ace it.

I still haven't decided which qualification I'm doing after uni. I can do ACCA, ACA or CIMA, but yes I plan to do one of these after I finish uni
Original post by Tahmed14
It depends on how you study best. I was lazy in my first year and only spent around an hour per subject per week ( 4 hours) which meant I had to buckle down during exam time and spent about a month and a half constantly in the library. I would say to put in 3 hours per subject per week and you should ace it.

I still haven't decided which qualification I'm doing after uni. I can do ACCA, ACA or CIMA, but yes I plan to do one of these after I finish uni

do u recommend anyone to go to university of Greenwich for accounting and finance? and do u feel u are getting enough for what u pay for? thank you
Original post by Tahmed14
Hi I've recently finished my 1st year at Greenwich studying accounting and finance. If anyone has any questions about the course or Greenwich in generally feel free to ask.

So I need to make a decision between uni of Greenwich/ Keele and bcu and am unsure which one I want to go to. they all are really good but it's hard for me to make a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending