The Student Room Group

Should Gay people be able to adopt?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BioStudentx
I'm not a homophobe... Stop forcing your ideas onto me tbh.

homosexuality makes you quite vocally uncomfortable and you openly disagree with gay people being able to adopt. if you're not a homophobe, what are you? just ignorant? intolerant? i find the terms to be synonymous with homophobic.
Original post by User1214833
A woman can become pregnant by a random sperm donor in the form of an actual donor or a drunken one night stand. Gay people adopting is less fked up than those scenarios.

"Less fked up"? That means it's still "fked up"?

Erm...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not a homophobe... Stop forcing your ideas onto me tbh.

Nobody forced anything on you...
Original post by tanyapotter
homosexuality makes you quite vocally uncomfortable and you openly disagree with gay people being able to adopt. if you're not a homophobe, what are you? just ignorant? intolerant? i find the terms to be synonymous with homophobic.

Doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. I just wouldn't want 2 dads or 2 mums. Can't stand white liberals shouting in my ear just because we have a difference of opinion.
Original post by *Stefan*
"Less fked up"? That means it's still "fked up"?

Erm...

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, but even if you think it's fked up, it's less messed up than what a lot of "normal" straight people do. A lot of parents are truly awful.
Doesn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. I just wouldn't want 2 dads or 2 mums. Can't stand white liberals shouting in my ear just because we have a difference of opinion.

first of all, i'm indian, not white??? so shut up??
and secondly you literally said in your first post that gays adopting makes you uncomfortable. you literally said those words. smh, your difference of opinion discriminates. it's not just your favourite colour or song or smth. it's you saying gay people shouldn't take care of children.
I'm not too fond of gay people adopting or having children. I'm uncomfortable with it. They can get married though.

???????
first of all, i'm indian, not white??? so shut up??
and secondly you literally said in your first post that gays adopting makes you uncomfortable. you literally said those words. smh, your difference of opinion discriminates. it's not just your favourite colour or song or smth. it's you saying gay people shouldn't take care of children.

I never said gay people make me feel uncomfortable. I said them adopting kids does. I think being gay is environmental as well a genetic and therefore having gay parents isn't okay.

That is where you were just taking words out of my mouth.
I never said gay people make me feel uncomfortable. I said them adopting kids does. I think being gay is environmental as well a genetic and therefore having gay parents isn't okay.

well, you're wrong there. scientifically. you can't "turn gay" because of environmental factors. sexuality isn't obtained; it's there from birth. and even if you were right about gay parents raising gay children, if you don't have a problem with homosexuality then why would you have a problem with more gay children being born as a result of the so-called "environmental" factors? your name is BioStudent. you really should know that you can't turn someone gay or straight.
well, you're wrong there. scientifically. you can't "turn gay" because of environmental factors. sexuality isn't obtained; it's there from birth. and even if you were right about gay parents raising gay children, if you don't have a problem with homosexuality then why would you have a problem with more gay children being born as a result of the so-called "environmental" factors? your name is BioStudent. you really should know that you can't turn someone gay or straight.

As far as I'm aware it is not proven that being is something you're born with. If you provide me with sufficient evidence I'll accept your views.

If you don't have a problem with homosexuality then it shouldn't matter even if having gay parents made someone more likely to be gay (of course this isn't he case though).
As far as I'm aware it is not proven that being is something you're born with. If you provide me with sufficient evidence I'll accept your views.

according to a study in 2006 in the US, the vast majority of LGBT parents raise heterosexual children and the vast majority of LGBT children are raised by heterosexual parents.

who would choose to be gay anyway? why would someone choose a life of discrimination and difficulty? also, the fact that conversion therapy is abusive and doesn't work in making someone straight proves that you can't go from being gay to straight - so why would it work the other way around?
who would choose to be gay anyway? why would someone choose a life of discrimination and difficulty? also, the fact that conversion therapy is abusive and doesn't work in making someone straight proves that you can't go from being gay to straight - so why would it work the other way around?

They didn't claim it was a choice...nor does the conversion therapy example work to prove a 'born that way' argument...
Original post by RandZul'Zorander
They didn't claim it was a choice...nor does the conversion therapy example work to prove a 'born that way' argument...

that's what i'm saying. it's not a choice and conversion therapy proves that you can't change someone's sexuality - it just results in scarring abuse and it needs to be banned, but until homosexuality isn't viewed as an affliction that you can "cure", people will carry on thinking it's a choice.
that's what i'm saying. it's not a choice and conversion therapy proves that you can't change someone's sexuality - it just results in scarring abuse and it needs to be banned, but until homosexuality isn't viewed as an affliction that you can "cure", people will carry on thinking it's a choice.

....but again the BioStudenx did not claim it was a choice.
Original post by RandZul'Zorander
....but again the BioStudenx did not claim it was a choice.

they claimed that you can "turn" gay because of environmental factors that are not to do with being born gay - i assumed these environmental factors to be growing up with gay parents, more exposure to the LGBT community, lifestyle etc.
they claimed that you can "turn" gay because of environmental factors that are not to do with being born gay - i assumed these environmental factors to be growing up with gay parents, more exposure to the LGBT community, lifestyle etc.

Not being born gay =/= it being a choice.

EDIT: Look I agree with you that it is not a choice, and I agree with you that they seem to have an issue with homosexuality - just don't think you are representing their position correctly.
Original post by blackened_sky
Of course they should. There's not much more to say about it.

This.
As long as the kid is brought up correctly and loved what does it matter who raises it? could be a pack of wolfs for all I care:^_^:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending