The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway GCSE Biology B B4 B5 B6 (12th June 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Do you guys think grade boundaries will be low? What do you think an A would be for the B456 exam out of 85?
Original post by Ayesha123A
Growth Hormone x

Do you reckon they'd accept just GH? For some reason I didn't write out the whole thing lol
Original post by RachelReid
Do you reckon they'd accept just GH? For some reason I didn't write out the whole thing lol

I think they will, probably be in the allow section.
If i didn't answer any of the 6 markers there's still a chance of an A* right?
Original post by BoomBox145

maybe as it depends how many of the other Qs you got right. answering no 6 markers deducts 18 marks. if you got everything else right then yeah certainly an A*!!

Well that's 18 marks just there, so if you get EVERY other question right it would still be 67/85. Which is definitely an A* however that's very unlikely as you probably have dropped a couple of marks here and there. I think if you lose more than 15 ish marks across the paper you wouldn't get an A*
Any predicitions for the A grade boundary??
Reply 187
Original post by mm_7
Ahh! I think my Coursework was a high A and my B123 exam was a mid-A. Would that bring it any higher?

Yes, there's a possibility, according to the official spec the MINIMUM UMS marks for an A is 320 overall, an A in coursework is worth at least 80 UMS marks and Unit 1 exam A grade is worth at least 112 a B in unit 2 is also 112 UMS, so total = 304. Since you got a bit higher on your first exam and your coursework these scores might be higher. So it might do, but I'm not an expert... I'm sure you did fine though! A and B are both high grades :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mm_7

Well last years was 43/85. If I remember correctly, last years had quite a bit of graph work too, so I think it won't deviate from this much- maybe a little lower because of the maths calaculations and open-ended questions
Reply 189
Original post by mm_7

Last year it was 43 for an A*; I personally found this paper a lot easier than last year's, judging by responses on here and people from my school a lot of people found it alright so I reckon it would be max. 47 for an A, i don't think it'll be higher than that
Original post by iliam
Average was 3m not 300k

It was? ****.
Original post by mark36
Yes, there's a possibility, according to the official spec the MINIMUM UMS marks for an A is 320 overall, an A in coursework is worth at least 80 UMS marks and Unit 1 exam A grade is worth at least 112 a B in unit 2 is also 112 UMS, so total = 304. Since you got a bit higher on your first exam and your coursework these scores might be higher. So it might do, but I'm not an expert... I'm sure you did fine though! A and B are both high grades :smile:

Thank you!
What did you guys get for the question about the difference in contraction time? I said that the ventricles take longer to contract as they contract bottom upwards and have to push past the tricupsid and bicuspid valve. Is this right?
Reply 193
When I mean 3m I mean the average it's supposed to be is 3m but she only had 300k, so if you put she has 10x less than the average you got the marks. I made extra sure it was 3m and not 300k in the table, I mean if anyone wants to contest then I may need glasses.
Original post by gcsestudent22
didn't understand that one at all but I went for 0.04 seconds as I did 0.64/2 then 0.32/8 how about you?

i got 0.08
I got -36.?for the B5 6 marker. Needless to say, I think I may have failed that question. :tongue: (I knew this in the exam, I was just panicking slightly and so left it.) We also had an alarm go off in our exam which was... interesting.

Original post by erghhhhhhh
i got 0.08

Same. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 196
For Section D, what did you say on how the doctor would use this information? I said it would help him target heart medication to the people with a pulse over 78 and could now inform people of the risks associated with a high heart rate and heart disease.
Original post by HarrisonGCSE
For Section D, what did you say on how the doctor would use this information? I said it would help him target heart medication to the people with a pulse over 78 and could now inform people of the risks associated with a high heart rate and heart disease.

Yes I got that aswell!

Um that's 18 marks gone and since we think A* would be 56 out of 85 thats 29 wrong. You would have to only lose 11 marks xx
What the hell was the proteases digestion in cocoa question? I was like wth. Is there protein in cocoa beans?👀😭😭

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending