The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

@bullettheory has given some excellent advice. You may find that if you get someone to write a statement for you, they are likely to write things about areas that you don't realise you actually in. I had to apologise to a friend of mine some time ago about some time ago, to which he responds with "I am aware that you have problems communicating". I was not aware that I had that much of a problem. You need to keep a diary. Again, get someone to help you.

They're not going to assume that someone with a diagnosis of ASD is going to have certain issues - you have to spell it out to them. Are your GP / Psychologist aware that you've applied? Might be worth talking to them. However, having talked to mine previously, (GP anyway) they don't tend to know a lot about the system.

You may also want to post somewhere like
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/index.php who can give some excellent advice on appealing.
:frown:
Guess who relapsed last night :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Guess who relapsed last night :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs:

Try not to feel too bad about it; alot of people relapse during recovery it's just one of those things. Pick yourself up and try again. The importance bit isn't that you relapsed but that you're going to get up and try again. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs:

Try not to feel too bad about it; alot of people relapse during recovery it's just one of those things. Pick yourself up and try again. The importance bit isn't that you relapsed but that you're going to get up and try again. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just feeling a bit raw over it. It was a stupid drunken choice and now I'm worried about uni again. Which starts in a month. ****.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope everyone is okay :hugs:
Reply 5986
Incase anyone was interested Lithium is not as bad as it's made out to be, no side effects so far but early days!

Spoiler

I recently got diagnosed with BPD and am really struggling at the moment to see how things will get better. I also have depression and have put everything down to that, and always thought 'eventually I'll find a antidepressant that helps and then i'll be ok' and now i know bpd doesn't have a cure as such, just coping methods I'm feeling really down about it and the future looks bleak. Does anyone have any experience with BPD and coping with BPD?
Original post by Anonymous
I recently got diagnosed with BPD and am really struggling at the moment to see how things will get better. I also have depression and have put everything down to that, and always thought 'eventually I'll find a antidepressant that helps and then i'll be ok' and now i know bpd doesn't have a cure as such, just coping methods I'm feeling really down about it and the future looks bleak. Does anyone have any experience with BPD and coping with BPD?

I found this book excellent for advice on living with bpd:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1572245077/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1449460198&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=bpd+survival+guide

Not only does it help with how to cope but also gives information about recent research and the outlook for the future. Interestingly it says thst a majority of people diagnosed with bpd no longer meet th he criteria after I think it was six years. It also goes into detail about types of therapy and what you can expect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I was going to go to the doctors for my depression a while back but since I made that decision I actually felt a lot better for a week or two (so consequently I didn't go to the doctors).

Spoiler

Original post by Castro Saint
Lol I was going to go to the doctors for my depression a while back but since I made that decision I actually felt a lot better for a week or two (so consequently I didn't go to the doctors).

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DrID
Incase anyone was interested Lithium is not as bad as it's made out to be, no side effects so far but early days!

That's good to know. I did used to know someone who had a terrible experience with it. But in her case, she was on it much longer than she should have been which caused some pretty serious problems for her.
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm sorry to hear you felt ignored. It does inevitably happen sometimes given the speed this thread can move at. I hope you feel able to post if you need to.

It's great you're living somewhere you like and have a boyfriend! How long has this been the case? I know when I first moved in with my spouse I couldn't help but fear that things will go wrong. It took me a fair while to convince myself that I can feel happier and to stop worrying. Are you seeing a counselor/psychologist or anyone you could air these thoughts to?

Sorry for the late reply.

I've been with my boyfriend for a little under 3 years now. He's wonderful and I feel really lucky to have him, as he is my best friend who helps me out with so much and I'd be pretty lonely without him. We were long distance for ages until I moved to his city over a year ago.

I'm not seeing a counsellor currently, although I have been referred to CBT through my GP and I've applied for free counselling with a charity, but it's taking ages to hear back from either. I suppose waiting lists will be long, so I do my best to cope in the meantime.
Original post by PandaWho

Spoiler

Pretty much blacked out last night I don't really remember posting that lol.

I'll be fine dw
Did not know TSR had a Mental health section.. this site is so rad in so many ways.
Is anyone else on Seroquel (Quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder. Currently on maintenance dose of 200 mg, and Zopiclone 7.5 mg. I'm having a lot of trouble studying as i can't take in information like i used to and my brain feels foggy?1 i feel a bit like a zombie :frown:
Original post by crustykid
Did not know TSR had a Mental health section.. this site is so rad in so many ways.
Is anyone else on Seroquel (Quetiapine) for Bipolar Disorder. Currently on maintenance dose of 200 mg, and Zopiclone 7.5 mg. I'm having a lot of trouble studying as i can't take in information like i used to and my brain feels foggy?1 i feel a bit like a zombie :frown:

Nice screen name :lol:

Welcome :hugs:
Original post by Little Popcorns
Nice screen name :lol:

Welcome :hugs:
thankyou , funfact i love popcorn lmao :hugs:
Reply 5998
Original post by crustykid

Yep! I'm on 600mg MR Quetiapine, along with 7.5mg zopiclone, 150mg doxepin and 600mg lithium.

I don't find Quetiapine that bad tbh but I'm comparing that to nothing and being completely broken though! Are you on an MR or IR version? Have you spoken to your psychiatrist about it?? There are always alternatives, try not to worry and get some advice from the MH team :smile:
Struggling to do work.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)

Latest