The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

Just :fyi: I'm working today and tomorrow so will be AWOL the next few days :yes: Don't worry if you don't hear from me either on here, or on Facebook/WhatsApp/texts :nah:

Original post by furryface12
Thank you. Keep on having to edit and spoiler and remove things here at the minute and still missing bits. Good it's being used more again but this a safe place and we all need keep it like that. I can't so everything, not well enough myself or around the whole time and nor are the other mods. Won't let me rep you sorry
Hope everyone's alright

Posted from TSR Mobile

My post wasn't a slight on you or the other mods at all - you guys do a fantastic job :lovehug: As you rightly say, though, you have your own lives to lead and you can't see everything :nah: So people need to take responsibility for their own posts! :sadnod:

Original post by lustawny
I did recently make a post on here about mixing alcohol with medication which was subsequently spoilered by a mod, but, in my defence, I am quite new to this thread! :tongue:

If you'd like, you can explain all the spoilering rules to me now.

It's mostly common sense, but discussion of anything that could trigger other people (e.g. explicit discussion of sex, or discussion/mentioning how much you currently weigh or foods you are eating/binging on/restricting) should go in a spoiler. Anything that references anything vaguely dangerous or that might give other people 'signs' or 'ideas' (which I guess mixing alcohol with meds might come under?) should be spoilered too. Discussion of self-harm and/or suicide is not permitted even in spoilers :nah:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
This is probably treading on people's toes, but oh well...

Dunno about anyone else or if I'm just getting less tolerant in my old age, but I'm noticing that there is an increasing tendency atm - despite persistent reminders from the mods - for people to post on here without fully thinking of consequences. By this, I mean people posting stuff on the thread that should really be spoilered (e.g. talking about food/weight/anything sexual - basically anything that might act as a trigger for someone else's illness. Remember that talk of self-harm and/or suicide - particularly methods, but anything really - is not allowed in the thread, and it clearly states this in the OP!).

This is a great thread to be a part of and it's a credit to TSR, which is clearly why we are nominated for a 'most helpful thread' award! However, it can/will only work if everyone takes an active role in making this a safe space in which to talk. It's OK to be distressed and to need reassurance or to reach out for help... but it's less OK when your words harm others, directly or indirectly. Remember that even the mention of weight or food (I know I'm certainly guilty of this sometimes with my banging on about Easter eggs at this time of year), even by someone without an eating disorder, can make someone with an eating disorder anxious or competitive. Remember that someone with psychosis can read 'signs' into what you say about anything. Etc etc...

So just a friendly reminder from your resident golden oldie, that we all need to think before we speak. Otherwise we run the risk of endangering each other's wellbeing, and possibly each other's lives :frown:

Hi there. I'm guilty of this. I would always spoiler things to do with self-harm or suicide (though that isn't an issue for me atm) but hadn't considered the food/weight thing so I'm probably guilty of that. Would an expand tag with food issues as the title be okay?

Just :fyi: I'm working today and tomorrow so will be AWOL the next few days :yes: Don't worry if you don't hear from me either on here, or on Facebook/WhatsApp/texts :nah:

:bye: :kiss:
Original post by PandaWho
Feeling utterly crap, really tired and works ****ed me off so much.
They dont even ****ing ask if something is ok anymore.

I got in tonight to be told ill no longer be working monday nights and i will be working tuesday.
Noone has asked if i can even work a tuesday. They are taking something i said a year ago as still ok now. Im ****ing gutted i wont be working a monday anymore and i know the girls that come to the session will be two as this will be the third member of staff they have lost in less than a year! And they are still bitter about the other two no longer working the session! And i dont want to work a tuesday.

Before christmas we had a big meeting where everyone got to chose when they wanted to work and i just got ignored and put on sessions, and i still don't get a choice now! In the past year theyv changed my nights around so many times.

I give up literally making me not want to work anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm certainly sure you can make a complaint, i dont know, a written message perhaps, but that won't help much so.. Have you ever spoke to your manager about this? They shouldn't ignore you just like that. You're also part of the team. Unless it's a job that doesn't care about their employees.

* Note to myself, ask colleagues if they're okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7843
I did recently make a post on here about mixing alcohol with medication which was subsequently spoilered by a mod, but, in my defence, I am quite new to this thread! :tongue:

Most of them are in the OP. :tongue:
Original post by Airmed
Most of them are in the OP. :tongue:

Cool, I'll check them out :smile:
Reply 7845
This is probably treading on people's toes, but oh well...

Dunno about anyone else or if I'm just getting less tolerant in my old age, but I'm noticing that there is an increasing tendency atm - despite persistent reminders from the mods - for people to post on here without fully thinking of consequences. By this, I mean people posting stuff on the thread that should really be spoilered (e.g. talking about food/weight/anything sexual - basically anything that might act as a trigger for someone else's illness. Remember that talk of self-harm and/or suicide - particularly methods, but anything really - is not allowed in the thread, and it clearly states this in the OP!).

This is a great thread to be a part of and it's a credit to TSR, which is clearly why we are nominated for a 'most helpful thread' award! However, it can/will only work if everyone takes an active role in making this a safe space in which to talk. It's OK to be distressed and to need reassurance or to reach out for help... but it's less OK when your words harm others, directly or indirectly. Remember that even the mention of weight or food (I know I'm certainly guilty of this sometimes with my banging on about Easter eggs at this time of year), even by someone without an eating disorder, can make someone with an eating disorder anxious or competitive. Remember that someone with psychosis can read 'signs' into what you say about anything. Etc etc...

So just a friendly reminder from your resident golden oldie, that we all need to think before we speak. Otherwise we run the risk of endangering each other's wellbeing, and possibly each other's lives :frown:

Remember the days where I couldn't rep you for ages? Those days seem to be long gone! :tongue:

I've been guilty of that in the past, but I've also been triggered by stuff in this thread. I never blame anyone for it.

----

MH meeting in less than an hour. Dreading it.

Also, weight and period.

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7846
Original post by BrokenLife
Hey I'm better.

Thank you for asking. :h:

Oh thank the lord x_X
You had us worried sick! :hugs:

TLG said most of them but it's all in the OP yeah :smile: the alcohol thing someone asked me to do, there's a few people on here that've had problems with it in the past. I'll try and remember to add it into the OP next time- I'd do it now but tend to end up messing the whole thread up because of the mod queue :colondollar:

Good luck today Airmed! If it's bothering you then mention it, the worst they can say is it's PMS and they could suggest something that'll help.

Also Anon #2 I can't find you to quote and on the app but well done for telling your mum! And for the job if that was you, sorry if not :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z33
Oh thank the lord x_X
You had us worried sick! :hugs:

Aww omg you're so nice! :smile:
Thank you.

Also Anon #2 I can't find you to quote and on the app but well done for telling your mum! And for the job if that was you, sorry if not :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was indeed I, thanks :smile: Hope you're ok :hugs:

-----------------

Just been trying to keep busy to keep my mind of my doctors appointment on Thursday. Because I've been ill before I'm hoping to just go in and say I've noticed a change in my mood again and he'll take it from there :eek:
:angry:

NHS. Please just actually treat me once and for all. It's not fair. :cry2:
Reply 7851

Good luck today Airmed! If it's bothering you then mention it, the worst they can say is it's PMS and they could suggest something that'll help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. :hugs: I think I will book a doctor's appointment.
Original post by Airmed
Thanks. :hugs: I think I will book a doctor's appointment.

Talking about doctors.... Mine has screwed up and now I'm still left waiting.... :angry: It's not going to end, is it. :cry2:
Does it matter what time of day you take Fluoxetine?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SassQueen13
Does it matter what time of day you take Fluoxetine?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its personal preference, some people find it better to take it in the morning others find it better in the evening...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its personal preference, some people find it better to take it in the morning others find it better in the evening...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay wasn't sure if there was a specific time i should take it, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh okay wasn't sure if there was a specific time i should take it, thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you may find it knocks you out so it may be best to take it at night, its how you feel on it like with most meds

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, you may find it knocks you out so it may be best to take it at night, its how you feel on it like with most meds

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm struggling to get through the day without sleeping anyway due to physical stuff so i guess that'll be best >.<
Bit scared about the side effects too :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm struggling to get through the day without sleeping anyway due to physical stuff so i guess that'll be best >.<

Posted from TSR Mobile

when i was on fluoxetine i dont remember having any side effects, so if i did they wernt very bad ones!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fluoxetine knocked me out so I used to take it before bed :smile:

Latest