The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OU Student
Hope all goes well

Thank you!
After an incident at the weekend which I won't mention, I had a GP appointment this morning. They are keeping me on just a 7 day supply of tablets until regular GP returns from his holiday, they said mainly just a safety thing and because they don't know me as well as the other GP does. They said he knows me best so is in a better position to decide with to increase meds supply

Anyway, as I was leaving the appointment, the GP I saw today said to me can I please promise them I will ring if I have any more problems. Anyone know in what instances they would want me to contact them? Do you think its just if I am not feeling so great to avoid any more incidents like what happened at the weekend and would it be just so they could have a chat and calm the situation down?
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
After an incident at the weekend which I won't mention, I had a GP appointment this morning. They are keeping me on just a 7 day supply of tablets until regular GP returns from his holiday, they said mainly just a safety thing and because they don't know me as well as the other GP does. They said he knows me best so is in a better position to decide with to increase meds supply

Anyway, as I was leaving the appointment, the GP I saw today said to me can I please promise them I will ring if I have any more problems. Anyone know in what instances they would want me to contact them? Do you think its just if I am not feeling so great to avoid any more incidents like what happened at the weekend and would it be just so they could have a chat and calm the situation down?

You hit the nail on the head, they don't want a repeat of that incident. I must say though, that's a lot more compassion from a GP than i've ever seen, your practice sounds awesome.

---

May sound a bit sad, but i'm quite excited at the chance of getting a job working in a vape cafe. Spoke to a guy running an E-cig stall the other day, and he said they are hoping to do up a recently abandoned buildings very soon, and convert it into a cafe. Vaping has become something of a hobby to me, one of my few hobbies i'm not utter ****e at (used to be half decent at both art and music, now i'm terrrible). I'm not looking for a big money job, just something i can be happy doing and pays the bills.

Then once i have that sorted, perhaps i can try to get over this crippling anxiety with driving, and maybe even start looking for a partner. Urgh, just thinking about it makes me anxious.
I feel really bad. I don't think I deserve help. I don't know what to do anymore though.
Original post by Pathway
I feel really bad. I don't think I deserve help. I don't know what to do anymore though.

Of course you deserve help hun - why wouldn't you deserve help?!?! :hugs:
Original post by Meaty_man
You hit the nail on the head, they don't want a repeat of that incident. I must say though, that's a lot more compassion from a GP than i've ever seen, your practice sounds awesome.

---

May sound a bit sad, but i'm quite excited at the chance of getting a job working in a vape cafe. Spoke to a guy running an E-cig stall the other day, and he said they are hoping to do up a recently abandoned buildings very soon, and convert it into a cafe. Vaping has become something of a hobby to me, one of my few hobbies i'm not utter ****e at (used to be half decent at both art and music, now i'm terrrible). I'm not looking for a big money job, just something i can be happy doing and pays the bills.

Then once i have that sorted, perhaps i can try to get over this crippling anxiety with driving, and maybe even start looking for a partner. Urgh, just thinking about it makes me anxious.

Yeah, they have been quite good to be fair. They have said I can see any of the GPs as often as I like, if I find that weekly consultations help me I am free to carry them on until I am ready to do otherwise

In them saying to phone them when I have any problems what instances do you think they mean to phone them. I'm unsure and worried ringing them to ask will just make me sound daft

What is Vaping? Never heard of it before but sounds interesting
Struggling today...

Really unsure how I'm going to be able to get threw the summer..
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan

In them saying to phone them when I have any problems what instances do you think they mean to phone them. I'm unsure and worried ringing them to ask will just make me sound daft

I'd imagine they mean to phone if you reaching breaking point or enter a mental health crisis :yes:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Of course you deserve help hun - why wouldn't you deserve help?!?! :hugs:

I don't think I deserve help because I feel like I'm subhuman. Just abuse stuff I guess. Keep hearing random **** he said being whispered and I don't know how to stop it and it's not like the people who are supposed to help give a ****. Just kind of reinforces my thought process that I don't deserve help.
Reply 789
Original post by Midnightmemories
Struggling today...
Really unsure how I'm going to be able to get threw the summer..

Text me if you need me. :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
I don't think I deserve help because I feel like I'm subhuman. Just abuse stuff I guess. Keep hearing random **** he said being whispered and I don't know how to stop it and it's not like the people who are supposed to help give a ****. Just kind of reinforces my thought process that I don't deserve help.

I appreciate it must be very hard to believe that you do deserve help when the CMHT are being so ****, but you are NOT subhuman and you definitely DO deserve help :yes:
I appreciate it must be very hard to believe that you do deserve help when the CMHT are being so ****, but you are NOT subhuman and you definitely DO deserve help :yes:

don't know how to get it though. :frown: Maybe I should write a letter or something, then I can just go there and give it to them? :dontknow:
Original post by Airmed
Text me if you need me. :hugs:

Will do lovey, just don't want to bother you. :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
don't know how to get it though. :frown: Maybe I should write a letter or something, then I can just go there and give it to them? :dontknow:

I don't know either tbh :frown: A letter could be a start though :penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't know either tbh :frown: A letter could be a start though :penguinhug:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully, how are you? :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
Hopefully, how are you? :hugs:

Not too bad thanks :colondollar: Too hot to do anything so having a few days off from uni work and job work to just keep cool and calm :colondollar:
Not too bad thanks :colondollar: Too hot to do anything so having a few days off from uni work and job work to just keep cool and calm :colondollar:

Oh, did you get up to anything fun?!
Reply 797
My daddy must have sensed I wasn't feeling too good because he bought me my favourite teabags. :biggrin:
Original post by Pathway
Oh, did you get up to anything fun?!

Not really, just been lazing around at home :colondollar: Did a 12 hour shift at work on Tuesday so just taking things easy for now :redface:
Not really, just been lazing around at home :colondollar: Did a 12 hour shift at work on Tuesday so just taking things easy for now :redface:

You must be exhausted! Definitely deserve a break.

------
abuse stuff

Spoiler

Latest