The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anon #2
Day 3 of Sertraline and I'm not feeling great. My sleep and appetite are even worse and I have never known tiredness like it. Is it too early for side effects?

No, side effects can occur at any time with any mental health medication (sometimes it can be immediate, other times it might take a while). I'm on sertraline too, and the side effects I've had have been quite tolerable. Have you been on any antidepressants before now?
Original post by lustawny
No, side effects can occur at any time with any mental health medication (sometimes it can be immediate, other times it might take a while). I'm on sertraline too, and the side effects I've had have been quite tolerable. Have you been on any antidepressants before now?

Ah right, thanks. Yeah, I used to take Fluoxetine
I'm so irrationally irritated right now.
Original post by Anon #2
Ah right, thanks. Yeah, I used to take Fluoxetine

Me too, funnily enough! :tongue: I had really bad side effects with fluoxetine.
feeling all poorly again but iv been taking my meds :frown:
Original post by Pathway
I'm so irrationally irritated right now.

Original post by PandaWho
feeling all poorly again but iv been taking my meds :frown:

:console:

Me too, funnily enough! :tongue: I had really bad side effects with fluoxetine.

I took it for about 3 years and once I had stopped I noticed I had a lot more energy and could think clearer :dontknow: Did a year and a half without meds but now I'm back on them.
Original post by Anon #2
I took it for about 3 years and once I had stopped I noticed I had a lot more energy and could think clearer :dontknow: Did a year and a half without meds but now I'm back on them.

This is exactly how I feel right now, after just over a month of taking sertraline! They seem to be perfect for me :smile:
Reply 7987
Original post by Anon #2
Day 3 of Sertraline and I'm not feeling great. My sleep and appetite are even worse and I have never known tiredness like it. Is it too early for side effects?

Definitely not too early. I was hit with insomnia and a decreased appetite from day one when I started sertraline. Hope you're ok. :hugs:
This is exactly how I feel right now, after just over a month of taking sertraline! They seem to be perfect for me :smile:

Good! :smile:
Original post by Airmed
Definitely not too early. I was hit with insomnia and a decreased appetite from day one when I started sertraline. Hope you're ok. :hugs:

I've been floating around this thread for a while, but have been a bit nervous about posting (although I did once anonymously quite a while back regarding eating disorders). I'm just in a really bad place at the moment after having had a collection of terrible events culminate in the terrible event.

This just seems like such a lovely community and whilst I'm waiting for a counsellor (I've requested a new therapist because my current one is awful), I think I really do need people to chat with about things.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been floating around this thread for a while, but have been a bit nervous about posting (although I did once anonymously quite a while back regarding eating disorders). I'm just in a really bad place at the moment after having had a collection of terrible events culminate in the terrible event.

This just seems like such a lovely community and whilst I'm waiting for a counsellor (I've requested a new therapist because my current one is awful), I think I really do need people to chat with about things.

Fgs it posted anonymously -_-
Reply 7991
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Fgs it posted anonymously -_-

Hiya! :hugs:

I'm Cesca, and welcome (again, in a way) to the MHSS! I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling.
Feeling terrible.

Feel like I'm in hell and cant leave. :cry2:
Original post by Airmed
Hiya! :hugs:

I'm Cesca, and welcome (again, in a way) to the MHSS! I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling.

Hi :h: I'm Natalia; you have the same name as my sister :eyebrow:. Thank you :hugs:

I've been bad for about a year and a half now, but I had my friends and a job and I went to school and being busy was the best distraction. However, recently everything's fallen to pieces. All of my friends are at uni and I'm unemployed sitting on my bum on the sofa. My therapist told me I complain too much so I don't even really know what to do. Also have an enduring fear of burdening people with my woes lol :colondollar:
Reply 7994
Original post by IFoundWonderland
Hi :h: I'm Natalia; you have the same name as my sister :eyebrow:. Thank you :hugs:

I've been bad for about a year and a half now, but I had my friends and a job and I went to school and being busy was the best distraction. However, recently everything's fallen to pieces. All of my friends are at uni and I'm unemployed sitting on my bum on the sofa. My therapist told me I complain too much so I don't even really know what to do. Also have an enduring fear of burdening people with my woes lol :colondollar:

I like your name! :colondollar:

Was uni not an option for you? Sorry if that's too personal. And that's particularly not nice of your therapist: you're complaining because you don't have solutions and you would like their help.

I feel the same too. I always feel like a burden.
Happy Valentines day, everyone! :grouphugs: (I have no valentine, myself)
My mind is racing and it's all blurry and messed up.
Reply 7997
Happy Valentines day, everyone! :grouphugs: (I have no valentine, myself)

Thank you but Valentine's Day is a waste of time imho.
Original post by Airmed
Thank you but Valentine's Day is a waste of time imho.

You never know, you may get lucky today :wink:
Reply 7999
You never know, you may get lucky today :wink:

I have a boyfriend. He agrees with me that it's a waste of time.

Latest