Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
My girlfriend walked out on me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: did you's have an argument?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
:hugs: did you's have an argument?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried to be honest with her about where my head is at so she stormed out back to our flat with the key so...
Original post by All-rounder
Starting to feel like there isn't even a place for me at home

Spoiler

Can PM me if you need to rant or talk or anything. :console:

My girlfriend walked out on me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: Sorry to hear that, maybe wait for a bit then give her a call and explain what's going on?
I tried to be honest with her about where my head is at so she stormed out back to our flat with the key so...

Just breathe. I'm sure it's a heat of the moment thing. Just calm down and try and contact her later. It's really hard to hear about head-stuff sometimes and it can really freak people out, even those of us with our own stuff.

I'm in a similar situation. Trying to build up the courage to tell gf how I'm feeling but terrified about how she'll react.
Went out yesterday and felt like everyone was looking at, judging, and talking about me. My wife said it's probably just stress (various things) and I really hope she's right. Feeling like I'll never get out of this cycle. :sad: Still don't know if I got into uni for this year so got that hanging over me. :/
Original post by Sabertooth
Went out yesterday and felt like everyone was looking at, judging, and talking about me. My wife said it's probably just stress (various things) and I really hope she's right. Feeling like I'll never get out of this cycle. :sad: Still don't know if I got into uni for this year so got that hanging over me. :/

Would deferring help? Maybe the stress of uni is a bit counter-productive considering you're struggling a lot? :console:
Original post by Pathway
Would deferring help? Maybe the stress of uni is a bit counter-productive considering you're struggling a lot? :console:

I was kinda hoping that going to uni would add some purpose to my life; I'd have things to do, possibly make some friends, and make myself more employable. I've actually done absolutely nothing but sit on my ass for the past 2 years. :colondollar: I dunno.... :sigh:

How you doing?
Reply 1187
Feel a tad dissociated right now. Hope it doesn't last. Have to meet up with a MLA who is a family cousin to do work experience on Tuesday.
I was kinda hoping that going to uni would add some purpose to my life; I'd have things to do, possibly make some friends, and make myself more employable. I've actually done absolutely nothing but sit on my ass for the past 2 years. :colondollar: I dunno.... :sigh:

How you doing?

Hmm, maybe ask the uni if going part-time would be possible? If you're going to uni in the US maybe look into help that they can provide for people with mental health problems who are studying? Either way, like you said it could help you a lot! I know university helped me quite a bit in many ways (not so much in other ways, but that's not the point). Hope it works out for you.

How're you feeling generally?

Not sure. Really dissociated. Everything is just going down hill right now, you know? One of my close friends took me aside yesterday and basically said that I can't die from my ED too and that she's worried about me. I don't know how to recover though, that's the problem. Need to wait until October I guess.
Reply 1189
Starting to see things again. :cry2:
Original post by Pathway
Hmm, maybe ask the uni if going part-time would be possible? If you're going to uni in the US maybe look into help that they can provide for people with mental health problems who are studying? Either way, like you said it could help you a lot! I know university helped me quite a bit in many ways (not so much in other ways, but that's not the point). Hope it works out for you.

How're you feeling generally?

Not sure. Really dissociated. Everything is just going down hill right now, you know? One of my close friends took me aside yesterday and basically said that I can't die from my ED too and that she's worried about me. I don't know how to recover though, that's the problem. Need to wait until October I guess.

I checked the disability website and have asked my psychiatrist to write me a letter to give them so I should be able to get a fair amount of help if it turns out my mental health does flare up. I do worry perhaps it might not be enough though - I mean I got help with my undergrad and still did pretty poorly. :frown: Part-time is a possibility I've considered, but I dunno yet - I have to get in first! :tongue:

Generally, other than the paranoid thoughts yesterday, things are going pretty well. :smile:

That sounds like it sucks :console: I don't really know what to suggest for dissociation - maybe try one of the techniques SS suggested? I guess it's good you have people who care about you, but not only care but actually tell you too, have you told her that you don't know how to recover? It might be easier to bear if you have more support from friends. And with the getting professional help, October is a pretty long time away - is there any chance you could see your GP and ask for advice to help you until we get to October? I dunno from what you've said things seem pretty serious and not like something that you should be dealing with on your own. (sorry if this doesn't help, tbh I don't know all that much about EDs).
Original post by Airmed
Starting to see things again. :cry2:

Is there any way you can reality-test the hallucinations?

For instance I sometimes see blood so I rub my fingers in it and look at them - no blood.

Seeing things sucks but recognizing that it's not real and can't hurt you can help to bring the bad feelings more under control.
I checked the disability website and have asked my psychiatrist to write me a letter to give them so I should be able to get a fair amount of help if it turns out my mental health does flare up. I do worry perhaps it might not be enough though - I mean I got help with my undergrad and still did pretty poorly. :frown: Part-time is a possibility I've considered, but I dunno yet - I have to get in first! :tongue:

Generally, other than the paranoid thoughts yesterday, things are going pretty well. :smile:

That sounds like it sucks :console: I don't really know what to suggest for dissociation - maybe try one of the techniques SS suggested? I guess it's good you have people who care about you, but not only care but actually tell you too, have you told her that you don't know how to recover? It might be easier to bear if you have more support from friends. And with the getting professional help, October is a pretty long time away - is there any chance you could see your GP and ask for advice to help you until we get to October? I dunno from what you've said things seem pretty serious and not like something that you should be dealing with on your own. (sorry if this doesn't help, tbh I don't know all that much about EDs).

Hopefully it helps. What will you be studying? I hope you do get in, I'm sure you will.

Sorry about the paranoia. Glad things are better though. :hugs:

I'm alright, I mean I'm not panicky dissociated. It's just easier to cope with things right now. I was triggered pretty badly earlier so that's why it's kicked in a lot, but I'm not sure I want to ground because I don't want to be vulnerable to triggers again. There's just too many here. Yeah, I know. I just don't want them to know how bad it's getting, I guess I'm just relying on it a lot because of the amount of stress I'm under with being at home, mum's cancer, and the death of a close friend. Can't really lean on my friends right now though. They're all struggling pretty bad as it is, and I feel bad for being unable to fix it, so I don't want to be even more of a burden. Mum said to get an appointment with the GP it'll take about 3 weeks, so don't see the point. CMHT near my uni don't seem to think it's much of a problem, one of the psychs who said I'm anorexic even suggested that I go to the gym, haha. Don't see why the GP here would think it was a problem, they straight up called me a liar when I was in pain from the HEDS. :dontknow: I'll be fine.
Reply 1193
Is there any way you can reality-test the hallucinations?

For instance I sometimes see blood so I rub my fingers in it and look at them - no blood.

Seeing things sucks but recognizing that it's not real and can't hurt you can help to bring the bad feelings more under control.

It's people outside at a neighbour's car. And things jumping into the fireplace and coal bucket. It won't stop.
Original post by Pathway
Hopefully it helps. What will you be studying? I hope you do get in, I'm sure you will.

Sorry about the paranoia. Glad things are better though. :hugs:

I'm alright, I mean I'm not panicky dissociated. It's just easier to cope with things right now. I was triggered pretty badly earlier so that's why it's kicked in a lot, but I'm not sure I want to ground because I don't want to be vulnerable to triggers again. There's just too many here. Yeah, I know. I just don't want them to know how bad it's getting, I guess I'm just relying on it a lot because of the amount of stress I'm under with being at home, mum's cancer, and the death of a close friend. Can't really lean on my friends right now though. They're all struggling pretty bad as it is, and I feel bad for being unable to fix it, so I don't want to be even more of a burden. Mum said to get an appointment with the GP it'll take about 3 weeks, so don't see the point. CMHT near my uni don't seem to think it's much of a problem, one of the psychs who said I'm anorexic even suggested that I go to the gym, haha. Don't see why the GP here would think it was a problem, they straight up called me a liar when I was in pain from the HEDS. :dontknow: I'll be fine.

I haven't totally decided what to study. I'm thinking something healthcare related, so want to do classes in biology/chemistry and then there's mandatory classes in English and maths which should be fun too. As for getting in, I'm more than qualified, the problem is that the closing date is Aug 1st and my master's degree uni hasn't answered my emails asking for them to send my transcript to this uni.

I think not wanting to give in to the triggers sounds like it could be helpful, especially if it helps avoid them triggering you again in the future/doesn't trigger as badly. I really hope that helps. :smile: I don't know if this will help but have you thought about calling/emailing the samaritans if you don't feel able to offload on your friends? What you're going through sounds really tough and bottling everything up inside isn't healthy and might make things more difficult for you.

Jeez, I forgot how bad the NHS can be - that sounds awful! I would say, don't give up trying to get help, I know it can sometimes be very difficult to get doctors to take you seriously (several I saw were total, incompetent *******s), but from what you've said, it definitely sounds like you should be taken seriously and sooner rather than later. I hope you manage to find help somewhere :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
It's people outside at a neighbour's car. And things jumping into the fireplace and coal bucket. It won't stop.

Do you have anything you can take PRN to help?

If not maybe try to relax as much as possible; maybe take a bath/make a cup of tea/lie down and listen to your favorite album/talk to someone?

These things aren't really there, they can't hurt you, it's unpleasant to see them but you won't get hurt. :hugs:

Have you told your psychiatrist about these visual hallucinations?
Cant eat cant sleep just being zombified in bed :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Cant eat cant sleep just being zombified in bed :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm here if you want to talk to anyone about things. :hugs:
Reply 1198
Do you have anything you can take PRN to help?

If not maybe try to relax as much as possible; maybe take a bath/make a cup of tea/lie down and listen to your favorite album/talk to someone?

These things aren't really there, they can't hurt you, it's unpleasant to see them but you won't get hurt. :hugs:

Have you told your psychiatrist about these visual hallucinations?

I have nothing. No techniques, no drugs, I was taken off antidepressants a month + ago. I've spoken to my therapist and the psychiatrist and they put them down as dissociative symptoms. I've literally no help when it comes to anything. Can't talk to anyone, not even tea will relax me.
I haven't totally decided what to study. I'm thinking something healthcare related, so want to do classes in biology/chemistry and then there's mandatory classes in English and maths which should be fun too. As for getting in, I'm more than qualified, the problem is that the closing date is Aug 1st and my master's degree uni hasn't answered my emails asking for them to send my transcript to this uni.

I think not wanting to give in to the triggers sounds like it could be helpful, especially if it helps avoid them triggering you again in the future/doesn't trigger as badly. I really hope that helps. :smile: I don't know if this will help but have you thought about calling/emailing the samaritans if you don't feel able to offload on your friends? What you're going through sounds really tough and bottling everything up inside isn't healthy and might make things more difficult for you.

Jeez, I forgot how bad the NHS can be - that sounds awful! I would say, don't give up trying to get help, I know it can sometimes be very difficult to get doctors to take you seriously (several I saw were total, incompetent *******s), but from what you've said, it definitely sounds like you should be taken seriously and sooner rather than later. I hope you manage to find help somewhere :hugs:

Oh, that sounds like it'll be good, I hope you do get in. But I also hope it's not going to be detrimental to your MH. Horrible that they're taking so long to get back to you! :eek: Maybe phone admissions and explain what's going on with your previous place of study?

That's why I'm so dependent on dissociation. Dissociation and the ED are my main coping mechanisms, so I'm pretty attached to them to say the least. Been using both since all the abuse started. :erm: I don't know how to stop and not entirely sure I want to recover from my ED...but I don't know if that's just ED thoughts. Basically I need help, I know that much, lmao. Yeah, I have. Samaritans are ok, but don't really help. Well, not for very long.

Yeah, they can be terrible. :sadnod: This is why I don't go to my home GP. :s-smilie: I feel like they don't give a **** about me and just want me to get lost. I have the local crisis number, my lead professional gave me it. So if it gets too bad I'll see if they're able to help.

Latest