The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
Nope. I've messed up my sleeping patterns. Too many nightmares recently/keep getting paranoid about cameras, or him coming to get me. :dontknow: Easier to nap during the day. How're you?

I'm sorry to hear that. :console: Sleeping during the day isn't ideal but I guess it's better than no sleep at all. Have you told anyone about the nightmares or paranoid thoughts? I'm not really sure what to suggest if I'm honest as I take it you wouldn't want zopiclone/diazepam because you might feel more vulnerable on them....?

I know me saying it probably won't help but you're safe, Pathway. :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
I'm sorry to hear that. :console: Sleeping during the day isn't ideal but I guess it's better than no sleep at all. Have you told anyone about the nightmares or paranoid thoughts? I'm not really sure what to suggest if I'm honest as I take it you wouldn't want zopiclone/diazepam because you might feel more vulnerable on them....?

I know me saying it probably won't help but you're safe, Pathway. :hugs:

Can't really talk to my mum, not near my CMHT (hassle to get transferred anyway) and I'm trying to be a shoulder to cry on for my friends still - no one has really come to terms with the death of our close friend, I'm still in shock myself.
Medication is difficult anyway, but that's just my brain being annoying as per usual. I've got nothing like diazepam or zopiclone either.

Don't feel safe. I mean both of my abusers are in the same house as me right now. What's stopping them doing whatever they want again, never stopped them before? Dunno. :frown: I'm just a stupid object anyway.
Original post by Pathway
Can't really talk to my mum, not near my CMHT (hassle to get transferred anyway) and I'm trying to be a shoulder to cry on for my friends still - no one has really come to terms with the death of our close friend, I'm still in shock myself.
Medication is difficult anyway, but that's just my brain being annoying as per usual. I've got nothing like diazepam or zopiclone either.

Don't feel safe. I mean both of my abusers are in the same house as me right now. What's stopping them doing whatever they want again, never stopped them before? Dunno. :frown: I'm just a stupid object anyway.

Could you try contacting the samaritans? Even just an email might help you get all your thoughts out. It's not fair on you to shoulder so much when you're not in a great state yourself. :hugs: Could you maybe make a dr's appointment to talk things over with them? I think it was you who said you can't get an appointment for 3 weeks (I understand you'd have to register as a temp. patient)...but seeing someone might really help in the time between now and October.

I see. That is a very difficult situation. You're definitely not an object and it's horrific that they've made you feel that way, you're a person and deserve help as much as anyone else here. :hugs: You know, if it makes you feel safe I would say that perhaps sleeping during the day isn't so bad, at least until you can access help (though I'm certainly not a doctor just going from personal experience).

I'm afraid I'm off to bed now but I hope you get some help and support soon. I'm usually online around this time most days so if you do feel the need, I don't mind if you want to PM me and I'll try to offer support. :hugs:
Original post by Sabertooth
Could you try contacting the samaritans? Even just an email might help you get all your thoughts out. It's not fair on you to shoulder so much when you're not in a great state yourself. :hugs: Could you maybe make a dr's appointment to talk things over with them? I think it was you who said you can't get an appointment for 3 weeks (I understand you'd have to register as a temp. patient)...but seeing someone might really help in the time between now and October.

I see. That is a very difficult situation. You're definitely not an object and it's horrific that they've made you feel that way, you're a person and deserve help as much as anyone else here. :hugs: You know, if it makes you feel safe I would say that perhaps sleeping during the day isn't so bad, at least until you can access help (though I'm certainly not a doctor just going from personal experience).

I'm afraid I'm off to bed now but I hope you get some help and support soon. I'm usually online around this time most days so if you do feel the need, I don't mind if you want to PM me and I'll try to offer support. :hugs:

I'm usually peoples' support. Like my friends come to me when they're having issues, I don't mind though, I like to help when I can. I think I might, I do need to find out if that messes up the CMHT stuff back at uni though, could contact my uni's health centre when they open today? I keep meaning to, but because I'm so upside down with my sleep patterns it's never the right time when I remember to phone them. Will set a reminder on my phone for when they open to phone them.

Yeah, idk. That's what abuse does to you, makes you feel like something less than ****.

Thank you, that means a lot to me. Same goes for you, if you need anything, PM me and I'll try my best to help. :hugs: Sleep well!
I'm so
so **** I can't even manage a simple placement without ****ing everything up I bet they hate me now :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Really sorry to read you're struggling, hun :frown: Am pretty confident that your girlfriend isn't plotting against you - don't listen to Ella, remember she is NOT your friend and she's not telling you the truth :frown: Stay strong :jumphug:

Thanks TLG. Hope you're okay :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably a bit of a stupid question but, I have a gym induction tomorrow (have to have it before I can use the gym). Do I have to show them I can use it properly, once they've told me how to, or do they just walk you round and tell you how to use stuff? I hate the idea of someone actually watching me exercise, because I'm telling myself that normal people in the gym won't be looking at me. Can bet this guy showing me round is really hot too *cry*
Original post by ScaryScience

I know it's really hard hun but you don't have to give into this. You've done so well and there's no reason why you can't push through these urges just like you have before. would writing down all the reasons why it wouldn't be a good idea to go through with the plan/reasons why you want to/need to recover be an idea? just think about how proud you would be of yourself if you managed to resist (easier said than done though, I know)

:hugs: thanks hun, sorry i didn't reply last night, was lying in the dark listening to music and couldn't do much else tbh. i'm trying my best :redface: just woke up so going to go and have some breakfast i think... its just so bloody hard and i don't know how else to describe it. i ended up doing some art journalling last night including a list of all the thoughts circling my head atm and it all felt so familiar its like my whole life is just an endless repeat of certain events. anyway, i've decided that when i'm registered with a GP in manchester i'm going to push to be referred for CBT again :/
just finished work and all the managers said that the only disappointment of the workshift was me because I was the weak link :frown: Always find a way to screw everything up even when I think I've done it right
Original post by All-rounder
just finished work and all the managers said that the only disappointment of the workshift was me because I was the weak link :frown: Always find a way to screw everything up even when I think I've done it right

:hugs: they sound like awful managers, they should be spurring you on and and helping you improve, not putting you down. is there anyone at work you could speak to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
:hugs: they sound like awful managers, they should be spurring you on and and helping you improve, not putting you down. is there anyone at work you could speak to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The managers are the ones we're supposed to talk to if we have any issues and it's them doing it, so I don't really think I have any options but to deal with it
Feeling ridiculously impulsive today. Have a horrible feeling I'm going to drop a lot of money tomorrow when I go shopping (need a dress for my best friends wedding and hen do). Not sure about Saturday night; half of me is wondering if it's a good idea to go at all and the other half is going "It'll be fine, just drink a little!"

I know it won't end up being just a little though :/
:sigh: ...
Original post by Midnightmemories
:cry2:

You okay? :redface:

Original post by kiss_me_now9
:sigh: ...

What's up?
Original post by All-rounder
You okay? :redface:

What's up?

I'm around 4,000 miles away from home, on holiday, and all I want to do is curl up in my own bedroom and shut myself away from everyone for half a hour.

And my dad keeps taking the piss of how I'm too scared to go on some of the rides and he moans at me because I always have my iPod on me when we go anywhere...

I seem like a spoilt brat here, don't I. Hardly anyone gets a three week holiday in the USA...

I had together on a stupidly crowded bus earlier and my dad had a go at me for moving when I was able to have my own space..

Anxiety is stupidly high right now and my stomach feels like it's doing flips. :cry:
Original post by Anonymous
Feeling ridiculously impulsive today. Have a horrible feeling I'm going to drop a lot of money tomorrow when I go shopping (need a dress for my best friends wedding and hen do). Not sure about Saturday night; half of me is wondering if it's a good idea to go at all and the other half is going "It'll be fine, just drink a little!"

I know it won't end up being just a little though :/

Try and limit yourself. Say how many drinks you plan on drinking and try and keep to that throughout the night. Only you know when enough is enough! :beer:
Original post by Midnightmemories
I'm around 4,000 miles away from home, on holiday, and all I want to do is curl up in my own bedroom and shut myself away from everyone for half a hour.

And my dad keeps taking the piss of how I'm too scared to go on some of the rides and he moans at me because I always have my iPod on me when we go anywhere...

I seem like a spoilt brat here, don't I. Hardly anyone gets a three week holiday in the USA...

I had together on a stupidly crowded bus earlier and my dad had a go at me for moving when I was able to have my own space..

Anxiety is stupidly high right now and my stomach feels like it's doing flips. :cry:

Maybe it's a bit of home-sickness? I kinda felt the same when I went really far away, do you have any of your personal belongings with you that can help remind you of home?

And the way I see it, if you're lucky enough to get a 3 week holiday in the USA :tongue: - then it may be worth telling your dad that you need a bit of your own space for just a while so that you can stay calm and enjoy yourself?
Feel so dejected.
I feel so much better now but that's only because I'm seeing my therapist today. My dependence on her is scaring me since I'm swapping soon. I don't know what I'll without her... :frown:

Latest