The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Happy to hear you are feeling more positive and that this vest is working wonders! I'm sure people on here who also suffer from anxiety would benefit by hearing more about what you think of the vest, for sure! :yep:

Don't worry about forgetting to post, it's natural and we can't all be on here all the time, or forever! :nah:

:hugs:

Thanks! :hugs:

I've written a review of the vest and made a new thread (it's currently being reviewed by mods).

Have an appointment with the dyslexia/special needs people at uni on Friday. Feeling really anxious about it but I guess they're used to people being anxious.
Original post by LesPaul_Player91
Thanks! :hugs:

I've written a review of the vest and made a new thread (it's currently being reviewed by mods).

Have an appointment with the dyslexia/special needs people at uni on Friday. Feeling really anxious about it but I guess they're used to people being anxious.

You'll be OK, try not to worry too much :hugs:

Original post by Pathway
They assigned me a lead professional (despite having a CPA apparently lol??? So out of the loop with my CMHT ffs)...I think they're a step down from having a CC. I could get an appointment with my uni GP (but I'm low on cash because of travelling so much between friends houses, clothes for the funeral/tomorrow, flowers, etc. so I currently haven't got the means to get there), I'm scared that if I register down here (home) then the process of getting help whilst at uni will be longed out again. I don't think I can cope with that. I dunno. Would GPs be able to do that (re: bereavement counselling)?

This is all so stupid and messed up, I don't know what I'm doing anymore.

I don't know about the bereavement counselling thing, but it would be worth asking. Or even generalised counselling, just so you have a point of contact and someone to talk to about how you're feeling? I see what you mean about if you register back at home, will it delay things. Hmmm :frown:

So sorry, I fell asleep :colondollar:

Original post by MJlover
Can't deal with so-called family atm

:hugs:

Original post by Sabertooth
Thanks TLG :smile: I hope you have a good time with your sister - and yeah, definitely point out that at least TSR isn't heroin :wink: I'll be using that line on my wife!

Haha, tiz a good line, isn't it? :biggrin:
Feel awful. Exhausted, really bad hayfever, pain and a wonky brain. Ughhhhhh :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You'll be OK, try not to worry too much :hugs:

Thanks :smile: My brain is just going "OMG You're going to be meeting a new person - on a one to one basis :shock:" as it normally does. My dad's going to take me there though so it shouldn't be too overwhelming.

I saw a funny YouTube video showing what it would be like if people behaved liked cats. For the bit about meeting new people it's literally me when I meet someone new XD It's here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUANIvNmYzQ
hope everyone's doing okay :smile: :hugs: to those who aren't

Posted from TSR Mobile
I couldn't get out of bed this morning; I just lay there staring at the wall paper for three hours. A chav has been targeting my house and banging the **** out of the windows whenever she goes past. I have never done anything to her and neither has the person who I live with so I am assuming that she's doing it because the house is at the end of the street so she can get away more easily. It has been making me feel anxious which I feel silly for as I'm an adult but when I was a teenager I was bullied by a gang of local chavs for several years because I was "posh" and its been bringing up memories. She's about 17/18 so way too old to be doing stuff like this; if she was younger I don't think I'd be as bothered. She also hangs around with a gang of kids which are primary school age and one of these always shouts "bang" to me in the street every time she sees me which I don't find scary but its still really irritating.
Reply 1586
Headache coming on, hope that doesn't mean voices. :s
Original post by Airmed
Headache coming on, hope that doesn't mean voices. :s

:hugs: you know where I am if you need me. <3
What motivates you when you can't see a way out?
I just want to hide. :cry2:
Had a mini meltdown and ended up sleeping for three hours. Feeling drained :frown:
Feel so so **** physically. A cold, pain, bloating, complete exhaustion. Urgh. Can today be over already.
Reply 1592
Headache won't go away. This can't happen, no voices, I'm meeting the NI DFM tomorrow
:frown:
I can't do this anymore. I don't want this anymore. I feel so betrayed and I'm terrified that what they've said is going to happen will happen. I feel so desperate :cry2: I can't even go outside by myself because of them, and going anywhere official to try and get help is out of the window because I know they will be there. I don't know what to do.
Original post by bullettheory
I can't do this anymore. I don't want this anymore. I feel so betrayed and I'm terrified that what they've said is going to happen will happen. I feel so desperate :cry2: I can't even go outside by myself because of them, and going anywhere official to try and get help is out of the window because I know they will be there. I don't know what to do.

I don't have problems akin to yours so i can't speak from experience, and i don't pretend that i know what it's like, regardless i hope these words help somehow :hugs: :console:

Search for strength within yourself, it is there, you just need to look deep enough. From great suffering we can draw great strength. Words can be powerful and they can hurt, but actions are stronger still :console: Prove them wrong, deny them, in acting against them their words lose all meaning, and you will overcome them.

I can't imagine how hard it is for you, but it is possible :moon:

:jumphug:
I feel like i'm drowning. Since my shizoaffective disorder started, i've been nothing but a worthless burden. It has gotten to the point where I am terrified of situations where I don't feel like I can escape (agoraphobia?) so I avoid everything. I'm nothing but a lazy waste of space.
Lack of sleep just compounds everything :frown:
Reply 1598

:console: If you need to talk, PM me.
Original post by Meaty_man
I don't have problems akin to yours so i can't speak from experience, and i don't pretend that i know what it's like, regardless i hope these words help somehow :hugs: :console:

Search for strength within yourself, it is there, you just need to look deep enough. From great suffering we can draw great strength. Words can be powerful and they can hurt, but actions are stronger still :console: Prove them wrong, deny them, in acting against them their words lose all meaning, and you will overcome them.

I can't imagine how hard it is for you, but it is possible :moon:

Thanks for the kind words mate :hugs:

Original post by LesPaul_Player91
:jumphug:

Original post by Airmed
:console: If you need to talk, PM me.

Thank you, may do that now.

Latest