This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by StarlightSmiles
My sleeping pattern is completely messed up... I feel awful and on edge. All of my muscles feel tense and I feel like I want to run and run. Don't like this feeling... :frown:

:hugs: Has this been a problem for a while? Could you talk to your GP/psychiatrist about it? :console: They could maybe give you something to take PRN (as required, not every day) for nights when you can't sleep :yes:
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

:hugs: Has this been a problem for a while? Could you talk to your GP/psychiatrist about it? :console: They could maybe give you something to take PRN (as required, not every day) for nights when you can't sleep :yes:

It is an ongoing problem... Usually I have hypersomnia so I have no idea how to cope with random short spells of insomnia. Not sleeping makes me anxious and anxiety makes me not sleep. Vicious circle...
It is an ongoing problem... Usually I have hypersomnia so I have no idea how to cope with random short spells of insomnia. Not sleeping makes me anxious and anxiety makes me not sleep. Vicious circle...

Sounds unbearable, I'm so sorry it's been such a problem for you :frown:
Sounds unbearable, I'm so sorry it's been such a problem for you :frown:

Thanks

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

If it's anxiety that's the problem, you could try talking to your doctor about possibly a small amount of something like diazepam just to take as needed? When I'm too anxious to sleep it helps me. :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

:jumphug:
Original post by Sabertooth
If it's anxiety that's the problem, you could try talking to your doctor about possibly a small amount of something like diazepam just to take as needed? When I'm too anxious to sleep it helps me. :smile:

I was put on amitriptyline a couple of weeks ago. Maybe that is causing this .
I was put on amitriptyline a couple of weeks ago. Maybe that is causing this .

Weird; amitriptyline is sometimes used to treat insomnia but I guess it might be a reaction to it ....I'd go back and have a talk with your doctor. Although, tbh, I would imagine if it's been 2 weeks the insomnia might wear off of its own accord soon as often happens when first taking antidepressants.
:jumphug:

what would you do :frown:
Original post by Pathway
what would you do :frown:

Tbh I would probably either phone a trusted friend and see if they can come round and take you to theirs, or try and get to an A&E if you can't keep yourself safe :sadnod:
Tbh I would probably either phone a trusted friend and see if they can come round and take you to theirs, or try and get to an A&E if you can't keep yourself safe :sadnod:

ill try and see if anyine can i just dont trust many people. i think they're going to hurt me?
Original post by Pathway
ill try and see if anyine can i just dont trust many people. i think they're going to hurt me?

I can understand why you don't trust many people but I doubt your friends would deliberately hurt you :hugs:
Very quiet in here - hope everyone's OK :grouphugs:

Didn't sleep til after 8am this morning :frown:
Very quiet in here - hope everyone's OK :grouphugs:

Didn't sleep til after 8am this morning :frown:

You ok? :frown:
Original post by Pathway
You ok? :frown:

Brain didn't shut down :nope: But I'm OK now, just tired :colondollar:

How are you? :hugs:

Latest