The Student Room Group

Peter Symonds College

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone here has attended Peter Symonds College in Winchester before? I'm looking to study on the Access to Higher Education course and doing the Primary Teaching route. At 28 years of age it's a return to education and a change in career for me.

I have my group interview next week and I'm a little nervous, so just wondering if there is anyone who has attended either this college or others and is able to elaborate on what the group interview includes, what I should prepare for and help put my mind at rest!

Also any advice on the modules to take would be appreciated please! I can take four out of the following:

English Language/Literature
Creative Writing
Psychology
Sociology
Biology
History
Politics

I definitely want to do English Language/Literature and Psychology, but trying to think what modules would benefit me in a Primary Teaching pathway.

Thanks in advance!

Caroline
Reply 1
Hi, I am very sorry that no-one had replied to your post but I hope you found the answers you were looking for in the end :smile:

I am looking at Peter Symonds myself as a college decision and just wondering how you are finding the college (if you went in the end)? If you had to travel far, was the commuting alright and did you travel via train?
Are you able to give me feedback on the teaching style and how much you felt that you have learnt over the time you've been there in relation to how confident you are towards your grades?
Would you say that it is worth making the extra distance to get to the college (I live near Lymington)?

I am grateful for any reply. Cheers, Theo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending