The Student Room Group

Which college in Oxford should I apply to?

I cant choose which college to put in my UCAS. For context, I want to study PPE, I want to join a good choir and I would like it to be one of the older ones because they look very pretty. I currently am stuck between Magdalen, Merton and Balliol but Im open to other college suggestions.
Original post by crucibleoflava
I cant choose which college to put in my UCAS. For context, I want to study PPE, I want to join a good choir and I would like it to be one of the older ones because they look very pretty. I currently am stuck between Magdalen, Merton and Balliol but Im open to other college suggestions.

College choice is only a expressing a preference at this stage, and there are several reasons why you may not be made an offer from your first choice college, assuming you are made an offer. I'm assuming that you've already identified which colleges offer PPE. Have you visited any of them during the open days?
Original post by BetaVersion2.9
College choice is only a expressing a preference at this stage, and there are several reasons why you may not be made an offer from your first choice college, assuming you are made an offer. I'm assuming that you've already identified which colleges offer PPE. Have you visited any of them during the open days?

yeah i saw magdalen, pembroke, st peter’s and merton. i’m considering balloon tho bc it has a larger number of ppe seats
Original post by crucibleoflava
yeah i saw magdalen, pembroke, st peter’s and merton. i’m considering balloon tho bc it has a larger number of ppe seats

You may want to consider St. John's as well. St peters is not very old. Merton has a strong academic reputation. Not sure which college has the best choir as it depends upon the music director. There are many choirs at Oxford Uni outside of the colleges.
are you considering accommodation too? it might help narrow your college choices :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending