The Student Room Group

am i fat

Please can someone tell me if im fat. and ive attached two pictures is it ok to have ribs to stick out.
why are my ribs like this it normal
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by galaxy95
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
please can someone tell me if im fat. and ive attached two pictures is it ok to have ribs to stick out.
why are my ribs like this it normal

no wtf you're super skinny.
Reply 2
Obese.

Sorry.
fat? ok to have ribs stick out? in the same sentence? :facepalm:
Reply 4
I don't think that you are, if you are comfortable being who you are then that's fine, as long as you eat enough for the excersise that you do then it's fine to be whatever size you are

Posted from TSR Mobile
wth
Don't worry, you're perfect the way you are! ☺️ Please don't concern yourself too much with your weight, as long as you keep yourself healthy (fruit and veggies, carbohydrate, dairy, and fats every day)

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, you're not fat in the slightest (it's not that easy to tell when someone's lying down, but with you it's quite obvious that you're slim anyway).

Slim people's ribs often stick out a bit, however you're clearly breathing in in those pictures (lungs don't look like that when you're breathing normally), so that'll be why they seem more prominent.
(edited 8 years ago)
If you were fat then you would most likely not be able to see your ribs
Reply 10
To everyone that replied this was like an experiment. Im trying to set a campaign that will help individuals be postive about there body. Some of the replies where nice and the rest was awful. Theres people out there are bullied becuase of the weight they suffer from mental health problems. And for those that wrote awful comments. You guys should feel bad. It actually affects an individual. Now I knows how people feel and im going to try and stop theis
To everyone that replied this was like an experiment. Im trying to set a campaign that will help individuals be postive about there body. Some of the replies where nice and the rest was awful. Theres people out there are bullied becuase of the weight they suffer from mental health problems. And for those that wrote awful comments. You guys should feel bad. It actually affects an individual. Now I knows how people feel and im going to try and stop theis

If someone turned around and asked me "Is the sun blue?" I'm not going to waste my words with a serious answer.

I'm sorry if I'm missing the point here, but why should we be nice to people who are out fishing for attention, which is clearly what the first post is doing? It's a bad setup for an experiment
Reply 12
Original post by Smonnie
Obese.

Sorry.

To everyone that replied this was like an experiment. Im trying to set a campaign that will help individuals be postive about there body. Some of the replies where nice and the rest was awful. Theres people out there are bullied becuase of the weight they suffer from mental health problems. And for those that wrote awful comments. You guys should feel bad. It actually affects an individual. Now I knows how people feel and im going to try and stop this
Reply 13
Original post by Another
If someone turned around and asked me "Is the sun blue?" I'm not going to waste my words with a serious answer.

I'm sorry if I'm missing the point here, but why should we be nice to people who are out fishing for attention, which is clearly what the ost is doing? It's a bad setup for an experiment

I see where your coming from but ive actually seen teens that have struggld with whole issue with the body. And sometimes they will post image's on fb to feel abit better just to get positive comments. When you suffer from mental health issue you think differently. and I wanted to see peoples reactions
This thread is worrying.
I see where your coming from but ive actually seen teens that have struggld with whole issue with the body. And sometimes they will post image's on fb to feel abit better just to get positive comments. When you suffer from mental health issue you think differently. and I wanted to see peoples reactions

If a teenager can't tell what a sarcastic response on the internet is... I don't think she should be on the internet.

Also, this isn't Facebook. People are generally more sympathetic on Facebook, because they would know the OP in real life. On TSR, we're all strangers, so a stupid question gets a troll answer.
To everyone that replied this was like an experiment. Im trying to set a campaign that will help individuals be postive about there body. Some of the replies where nice and the rest was awful. Theres people out there are bullied becuase of the weight they suffer from mental health problems. And for those that wrote awful comments. You guys should feel bad. It actually affects an individual. Now I knows how people feel and im going to try and stop this

Because of the abrupt style of the original post, I had you down as an attention-seeker at best and a troll at worst.

I also knew that i could rely on sufficient white knights and 'aw hun's to counteract my apparent cruelty, in the unlikely event that you were genuine.

Quick Reply

Latest