The Student Room Group

Feminists invent ''sex consent kit''

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dandaman1
I can't tell the difference between 'real' feminists and satire anymore...

"real feminists" are like unicorns; everyone's heard of them, no ones seen them.
This must be a joke...

I remember a comedy sketch not too long ago joking around how you'd have to sign contracts before sex.

[video="youtube;5B5NMN7GBA4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B5NMN7GBA4[/video]
Original post by Viva Emptiness
What if I change my mind half way through and he doesn't stop :colonhash:

don't be dumb.

you stop every minute to pose for another picture. problem solved
Original post by NoJustNo
Do you honestly believe that? Look up the name "Emma Sulkowicz". She lied about being raped, got found out lying by a liberal college court that is heavily in favour of the woman - and yet all she had to do was carry a mattress around and post of social media that she was raped and 100,000's of people unquestioningly believed her. She went on a campaign harrasing the guy she accused and basically ruined his life, and the college did nothing to stop it. She got her story in the New York times and Rolling Stone. Despite the fact, she had been proven to be lying.

And you say people don't believe women?

Feminists live in some kind of fantasy.

Like I've said - things that can happen will happen as in that story. But I've given everyone the raw facts regarding this crime and considering less than 1% of the perpetrators (who are even reported in the first place by the way) are convicted criminals I'd suggest that my point of view isn't a fantasy at all. What I would suggest is that no one is willing to trust the victims; everyone is willing to trust the villains. It should be reversed.
Lol this idea really is beyond stupid.
Reply 65
Original post by Paraphilos
What I would suggest is that no one is willing to trust the victims; everyone is willing to trust the villains. It should be reversed.

You heard of the "innocent until proven guilty", right?
Original post by Josb
You heard of the "innocent until proven guilty", right?

How am I to believe that when less than 10% of reported cases end in conviction? How does it all add up? To say, "innocent until proven guilty" is to insinuate that women lie most of the time. That isn't right, surely?

I grant you that it is a difficult crime to prove with hard evidence (usually there is little if any evidence in the immediate aftermath of rape) but know that rape is more complex than it seems; for instance, a large portion of it happens in relationships and in social atmospheres where consent fails to be given. In those circumstances even the witnesses may choose to believe in the perpetrator and testify against the victim because to them at least nothing seemed amiss at the time. Herein lies the problem: a lack of education on everyone's part.
How am I to believe that when less than 10% of reported cases end in conviction? How does it all add up? To say, "innocent until proven guilty" is to insinuate that women lie most of the time. That isn't right, surely?

I grant you that it is a difficult crime to prove with hard evidence (usually there is little if any evidence in the immediate aftermath of rape) but know that rape is more complex than it seems; for instance, a large portion of it happens in relationships and in social atmospheres where consent fails to be given. In those circumstances even the witnesses may choose to believe in the perpetrator and testify against the victim because to them at least nothing seemed amiss at the time. Herein lies the problem: a lack of education on everyone's part.

That is not what "innocent until proven guilty" means at all.

Less than 10% of reported cases end in conviction - how can you do anything with that figure? How many of those that fail to get a conviction are just through lack of evidence, and how many are false claims? Some of them will be false claims, so taking the number of reported cases and getting a conviction rate of them is a bit misleading.
That is utterly fallacious. First, a large portion of rape victims do not report their incident(s) either due to the fear of their partner reacting badly to being reported or because they know that rape cases are incredibly hard to push through successfully. This brings me onto my second point: even if they do report it, they first need to be believed in by some authority and they second need to be able to get somewhere in court both of which are surprisingly difficult. Indeed, an overwhelming majority of the perpetrators here in the UK at least walk free.

I have to say though, the worst thing about your statement is the insinuation that rape victims are somehow manipulative liars rather than the perpetrators themselves.

Given the context of the post I am responding to, the notion that you could apply this statement to all rape victims is, to use your words, utterly fallacious. I have insinuated nothing. Victims of rape could well be manipulative liars while still being a victim of rape.

None of this takes away from the fact that some vicious, manipulative, and downright nasty women do make false accusations and some women do make accusations because they regret a decision they made. Making this statement does not in any way diminish genuine rape victims and nor does it detract from the fact that genuine rape victims, even if they are manipulative liars, need help and better justice.

And pro-tip, before you accuse me of anything, check the God damn context next time.
Reply 69
Jesus. I might draft up a contract next time with a full set of rules of engagement! Perfect way to put you in the mood.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
What if I change my mind half way through and he doesn't stop :colonhash:

It's almost as if this is a ridiculous idea that no one should listen to.

Exactly.

What if I change my mind the morning afterwards and I'm not taken seriously?
Original post by Teaddict
Given the context of the post I am responding to, the notion that you could apply this statement to all rape victims is, to use your words, utterly fallacious. I have insinuated nothing. Victims of rape could well be manipulative liars while still being a victim of rape.

None of this takes away from the fact that some vicious, manipulative, and downright nasty women do make false accusations and some women do make accusations because they regret a decision they made. Making this statement does not in any way diminish genuine rape victims and nor does it detract from the fact that genuine rape victims, even if they are manipulative liars, need help and better justice.

And pro-tip, before you accuse me of anything, check the God damn context next time.

I am sorry; I understand that my original reply to your message came across as confrontational.

Within this thread though, I'm trying to communicate to people that women don't lie about rape in general. It is a real genuine issue for most of them (or the ones we know about at least). Unfortunately, when the focus is on women who lie about rape (which it is for a large portion of this thread) there is somewhat of a detraction from the truth of the matter.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by APlantinga
don't see the point. not having one signed is not evidence you raped. Signing one is evidence you DID NOT rape her.

Although i guess its proof you did sleep with her.

if i was about to shag a woman and she pulled that out at me, I'd tear it up and say "say no" and carry on kissing her.

hahaha exactly this!
Original post by limetang
One thing does stand out though. Why is it that we will readily accept that a worrying percentage of men are bad enough to rape, but unwilling to accept the idea that any meaningful number of women could ever possible be bad enough people to falsely report one? Men are not horrible monsters and women are not perfect angels.

THIS
I want one of these....

So I can film myself burning it....
I am sorry; I understand that my original reply to your message came across as confrontational.

Within this thread though, I'm trying to communicate to people that women don't lie about rape in general. It is a real genuine issue for most of them (or the ones we know about at least). Unfortunately, when the focus is on women who lie about rape (which it is for a large portion of this thread) there is somewhat of a detraction from the truth of the matter.

It's not the confrontational part that bugged me.

The problem with rape in terms of the judicial process is that it can be very hard to prove and often relies on the testimonies of the victim and the accused alone. Added to that, the fact that a rape accusation could ruin a persons career, you can understand why people would want to be so careful when dealing with it.

My concern is that the modern trend is towards accepting the women's word as
gospel and therefore accepting her accusation and labelling the male accused. The whole entire notion that a man must prove consent goes against hundreds of years of English legal tradition, namely, that one is innocent until proven guilty. The result of feminism on our legal system is that any man is innocent until speculated guilty.

Really, for sexual crimes, the accused should be given anonymity. That way, should an accusation be false or against the wrong individual, then that innocent party hasn't had their reputation tarnished. I also understand that in some rape cases, publicising the case and the accused allows other victims to come forward. This would not be lost under an anonymity system. You give the legal power to the judiciary to overturn that right to anonymity if there is evidence to suggest this accused individual could have attacked others.

One last reform: currently women who 'rape' men are not accused of rape but sexual assault. Let us make this situation more equal by calling it and treating it as rape.
Reading this thread in reminded of a different thread in which a girl actually suggested that I should ask for consent even during sex to affirm it.

The implication that I may be raping a woman if I don't subscribe to any of these extremist feminist ideas is actually something that I as a man find incredibly offensive.
Reply 77
Once again feminists showing how pathetic they are.
Original post by Teaddict
My concern is that the modern trend is towards accepting the women's word as gospel and therefore accepting her accusation and labelling the male accused.

But it isn't a modern trend; 98% of men don't face any repercussions for their actions. I agree that it's bad that a falsely accused man could have his reputation unfairly tarnished but seeing how rare it is to be falsely accused coupled with the fact that, as evidenced by this thread, people are more likely to sympathise with men there isn't much reason to believe that that is the most pressing issue.
Reply 79
But it isn't a modern trend; 98% of men don't face any repercussions for their actions. I agree that it's bad that a falsely accused man could have his reputation unfairly tarnished but seeing how rare it is to be falsely accused coupled with the fact that, as evidenced by this thread, people are more likely to sympathise with men there isn't much reason to believe that that is the most pressing issue.

You are twisted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending