The Student Room Group

I need help :(

Since after the first year of six form I fell in love with someone who would never love me back.

It broke my heart and I've never recovered. I had never been in love before nor been in a relationship before or after that.

I began slacking off my work and started becoming less and less interested in perusing my goals.

I got AAAB at AS but my quality of worked dropped for A2 and I got A*AAB ( I was predicted 3A*s) Things only got worse as I went to uni.

First semester I didn't have the motivation to study but I did so grudgingly for finals and passes all but one of my modules.
Second semester came and my apathy became worse and I would only wallow in self destruction and vices.
So I failed two courses.
Decided to do resits this summer and I would literally just sit there knowing that I have to study and not do it. I think I failed the resits again. I couldn't force myself to study like before. It's like I have no more will power.
I don't feel depressed, not usually. What is wrong with me? :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by AnonPosters
Since after the first year of six form I fell in love with someone who would never love me back.

It broke my heart and I've never recovered. I had never been in love before nor been in a relationship before or after that.

I began slacking off my work and started becoming less and less interested in perusing my goals.

I got AAAB at AS but my quality of worked dropped for A2 and I got A*AAB. Things only got worse as I went to uni.

First semester I didn't have the motivation to study but I did so grudgingly for finals and passes all but one of my modules.
Second semester came and my apathy became worse and I would only wallow in self destruction and vices.
So I failed two courses.
Decided to do resits this summer and I would literally just sit there knowing that I have to study and not do it. I think I failed the resits again. I couldn't force myself to study like before. It's like I have no more will power.

Aww bless, I think you still have a little bit of heartbreak, but you always need to remember that a strong heart is one that has been broken before, so hang in there.
I know how you feel, in a haze and sluggish. (Sometimes restricted) don't know if you feel that
Take a me day, a break, a day where you can just clear your head. So you can filter out those emotions. Remember your dreams you have after you finish uni. Your aims dreams and ambitions. If you still feel like this, you could always talk to someone. It can really help let it out and gives you a clearer outlook.

I think you need a hug :jumphug:
Reply 2
Original post by aamirac
Aww bless, I think you still have a little bit of heartbreak, but you always need to remember that a strong heart is one that has been broken before, so hang in there.
I know how you feel, in a haze and sluggish. (Sometimes restricted) don't know if you feel that
Take a me day, a break, a day where you can just clear your head. So you can filter out those emotions. Remember your dreams you have after you finish uni. Your aims dreams and ambitions. If you still feel like this, you could always talk to someone. It can really help let it out and gives you a clearer outlook.

I think you need a hug :jumphug:

I don't know. I've taken a lot of "me" days. People sometimes call me self centered, although I don't see myself that way. I feel like the only person that can love me fully is someone just as twisted or worse than I am. I feel like a monster.
Reply 3
I don't know. I've taken a lot of "me" days. People sometimes call me self centered, although I don't see myself that way. I feel like the only person that can love me fully is someone just as twisted or worse than I am. I feel like a monster.

Do you not do anything to take your mind off it like a sport?
You're ejecting negativity in your life. It's incredibly easy to just choose to be happy, but maybe you're doing the wrong degree, as you should be enjoying it so working hard isn't an issue.

It's all psychological, ignore it, try going a day without complaining about anything whatsoever and watch how it changes who you are :smile: Also, do you have any reason to do well at Uni? Impress people, self accomplishment? If not, then you'll need to find a job you want to work towards, and have some sort of motivation to achieve.

Also spend time with other people, even if in clubs with people you don't know, because contrary to popular belief, "me" time is really bad for you especially if you feel sort of depressed. Go out, waste some time and waste some money that you don't have, it'll freshen things up a bit trust me :smile:
Reply 5

No, you need to love yourself before anyone can get through the gates. As above, why don't you do something to occupy yourself. Join a society
Reply 6
Original post by Jake4374
Do you not do anything to take your mind off it like a sport?

No, not anymore. I'm not very athletic. I used to be in a gym but uni proved to difficult to maintain the gym membership and attend all classes. Funny thing is that I don't think about him an awful lot nor do I have much feelings for him anymore.
I feel like my friends barely like me. Someone jokingly said one time that I "only use people" and I felt so hurt I couldn't believe that's what they thought about me :frown:. I hate my life, I'm ugly too. Why do I even exist.
No, not anymore. I'm not very athletic. I used to be in a gym but uni proved to difficult to maintain the gym membership and attend all classes. Funny thing is that I don't think about him an awful lot nor do I have much feelings for him anymore.
I feel like my friends barely like me. Someone jokingly said one time that I "only use people" and I felt so hurt I couldn't believe that's what they thought about me :frown:. I hate my life, I'm ugly too. Why do I even exist.

Remove that last line, replace it with something pointlessly positive.

Being negative is such a stupid thing to do, stop acting as if you hate yourself. I have barely any friends, I know I'm not attractive, rarely see family etc etc but I'm still always positive because I'd rather be a positive person than negative - it's a choice.
Reply 8
Original post by ComputerMaths97
Remove that last line, replace it with something pointlessly positive.

Being negative is such a stupid thing to do, stop acting as if you hate yourself. I have barely any friends, I know I'm not attractive, rarely see family etc etc but I'm still always positive because I'd rather be a positive person than negative - it's a choice.

I'm not usually like this. But it's coming all out now that I'm actually talking about my feelings. I don't hate myself but I feel like If I continue like this I'd fail out of uni :frown:
I'm not usually like this. But it's coming all out now that I'm actually talking about my feelings. I don't hate myself but I feel like If I continue like this I'd fail out of uni :frown:

Find someone to talk to, I know it's cliche or it seems over the top, but 90% of the time, if you go on a rant to somebody that's listening, you'll either realise you're being silly or they'll help.

I have a feeling you have an issue that you're yet aware of, and the only way to approach that problem is to talk to people about it. Even staff at Uni will either be okay to listen or recommend someone to speak to :smile:
Find someone to talk to, I know it's cliche or it seems over the top, but 90% of the time, if you go on a rant to somebody that's listening, you'll either realise you're being silly or they'll help.

I have a feeling you have an issue that you're yet aware of, and the only way to approach that problem is to talk to people about it. Even staff at Uni will either be okay to listen or recommend someone to speak to :smile:

Yes I think there is another issue that I am not aware of and that's why I asked at the end, what's wrong with me. I just can't figure out what.
Yes I think there is another issue that I am not aware of and that's why I asked at the end, what's wrong with me. I just can't figure out what.

TALK TO SOMEONE :P

Seriously though, please do :smile:
TALK TO SOMEONE :P

Seriously though, please do :smile:

I feel like the counsellors at uni aren't equipped to deal with all of the problems I have and I don't have the money to pay for a real psychologists. It's not like I can ask my mum for money to go either. She'd be so pissed that I willfully wasted my time and failed some modules :frown:
I feel like the counsellors at uni aren't equipped to deal with all of the problems I have and I don't have the money to pay for a real psychologists. It's not like I can ask my mum for money to go either. She'd be so pissed that I willfully wasted my time and failed some modules :frown:

You're doing it again - thinking of all the negatives. You're filling your mind with the worst possible outcome for no reason, STOP AND JUST GO SEE SOMEONE lol stop finding excuses to not sort it out :P

I got AAAB at AS but my quality of worked dropped for A2 and I got A*AAB. Things only got worse as I went to uni.

So I failed two courses.

forget your problems.

how the **** did you manage to make this post in 1970!?

or to phrase the question better, how did you manage to hack TSR so it display that date when you posted..!?
Original post by theDanIdentity
forget your problems.

how the **** did you manage to make this post in 1970!?

or to phrase the question better, how did you manage to hack TSR so it display that date when you posted..!?

I didn't do anything :frown:
Bump :frown:
Bump
Reply 18
hey! firstly do you think your broken heart is related to your 'slacking'? cause it may not be!
As people say above, try see a councellor they might help and if they don't then it'll only be 4/5h wasted over a month (don't give up after two hours, that's not enough to judge someone's capabilities!) , it's not that bad and it's definitly worth taking the 'risk'! besides, you never know until you try!:smile:
You could also try smaller steps, so not aiming back to be a 3 A*s type student straight away but maybe do a bit better in one module and do an hour of sport a week! I know time is probably not what you have the most but your mental health is waaaayyyy more important than any kind of degree!
and good luck!:smile: don't lose hope!

Quick Reply

Latest