The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths Official Rep AMA

Welcome to the official Goldsmiths Rep AMA here on The Student Room!

If you have any queries relating to the admissions process, courses, fees, or anything related to being a student at Goldsmiths, please feel free to ask here and I will get back to you as soon as possible, or at least point you in the right direction!

Shaun - Enquiries Assistant
[email protected]
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi

I have recently been accepted at Goldsmiths, University of London to study Business Computing. I applied late and went straight through to Clearing. I would like to find out if scholarships and Bursaries are provided to Clearing students, or students who applied early and went through the main UCAS application cycle.
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by mobazi123
Hi

I have recently been accepted at Goldsmiths, University of London to study Business Computing. I applied late and went straight through to Clearing. I would like to find out if scholarships and Bursaries are provided to Clearing students, or students who applied early and went through the main UCAS application cycle.

Hi mobazi123,

Thanks for your question, and congratulations on your acceptance!

Unfortunately we can't provide any scholarships/bursaries to students who have come through Clearing. All our funding options have now closed for 2015 entry.

Best wishes,

Shaun - Enquiries Assistant
[email protected]
Ok, Thanks for the Reply. One more question regarding Goldsmiths Study abroad scheme. Does the university have partners outside of Europe where student can go and study at for the year, and if not can students find their own placements at other universities.

Many Thanks
Reply 4
Hi, I just got my accommodation offer, and I keep trying to pay my 200 for my deposit but it keeps coming up as 'error'. Help?
Original post by mobazi123
Ok, Thanks for the Reply. One more question regarding Goldsmiths Study abroad scheme. Does the university have partners outside of Europe where student can go and study at for the year, and if not can students find their own placements at other universities.

Many Thanks

Hi mobazi123,

Thanks for your message.

Goldsmiths is part of a partnership programme called Erasmus+, which in the case of Computing you could apply for in your postgraduate studies. We have a partnership with University Pierre and Marie Curie in Paris, and the Athens School of Fine Art in Athens, meaning that a successful Erasmus+ application can take you to one of these institutions to study for between 3 and 12 months. You also receive funding and linguistic support as part of this! Take a look here to read some more information.

I hope this helps!

Shaun
Hi Shaun!
I am from Singapore. My daughter has fulfilled all the conditions stated in the offer BA degree about a week ago. Till now, she has not heard any news from the admission office. She wrote in to the admission office twice to ask about the status of the offer and there was no reply. May I know whom can she approach?
Thanks
Original post by anmcnama
Hi, I just got my accommodation offer, and I keep trying to pay my 200 for my deposit but it keeps coming up as 'error'. Help?

Hi anmcnama,

Thanks for your message.

Sorry about that! If you call our Accommodation team on 0207 919 7130 they will be able to process your payment over the phone. I hope this is okay!

All the best,

Shaun
Original post by Feliciayeo
Hi Shaun!
I am from Singapore. My daughter has fulfilled all the conditions stated in the offer BA degree about a week ago. Till now, she has not heard any news from the admission office. She wrote in to the admission office twice to ask about the status of the offer and there was no reply. May I know whom can she approach?
Thanks

Hi Feliciayeo,

Thanks for your message. Apologies for the delay in our response - I'd advise giving the Admission team a call and they'll be able to let you know straight away. You can call them on +44 (0)20 7078 5300.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Shaun
Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London
Hi Feliciayeo,

Thanks for your message. Apologies for the delay in our response - I'd advise giving the Admission team a call and they'll be able to let you know straight away. You can call them on +44 (0)20 7078 5300.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Shaun

Thank you Shaun!
Hi,

I am wondering if you are still likely to accept an applicant if they narrowly miss their offer? I also want to know what the university thinks of applicants with EPQs, particularly in the subject that they've applied for?
Thanks a lot
Original post by Maxgeorge83
Hi,

I am wondering if you are still likely to accept an applicant if they narrowly miss their offer? I also want to know what the university thinks of applicants with EPQs, particularly in the subject that they've applied for?
Thanks a lot

Hi Maxgeorge83,

Successful applications are based on a wide range of factors - some very competitive courses will be very strict with entry grades, whilst other courses have a bit more flexibility. With these slightly more flexible courses, things such as a strong personal statement/practical experience/interview can outweigh a narrowly missed academic qualification in certain situations. It really does depend on the course.

An EPQ is generally regarded as equivalent to half an A-level, and is definitely an advantage if you already meet the other requirements.

I hope that helps!

Shaun
Original post by Goldsmiths, University of London
Hi Maxgeorge83,

Successful applications are based on a wide range of factors - some very competitive courses will be very strict with entry grades, whilst other courses have a bit more flexibility. With these slightly more flexible courses, things such as a strong personal statement/practical experience/interview can outweigh a narrowly missed academic qualification in certain situations. It really does depend on the course.

An EPQ is generally regarded as equivalent to half an A-level, and is definitely an advantage if you already meet the other requirements.

I hope that helps!

Shaun

The information you have helped a lot so thanks. As you said it depends on the course, can you talk to me about the Englsh department and applicants narrowly missing the entry requirements?
Original post by Maxgeorge83
The information you have helped a lot so thanks. As you said it depends on the course, can you talk to me about the Englsh department and applicants narrowly missing the entry requirements?

Hi Maxgeorge83,

Thank you for your message.

Our English dept. is very popular and quite competitive - you would generally need to at least have an A in A-level English or English Literature to be considered. If you get a B in English, but at least an A in another relevant subject, you may still be considered if you have a really strong and passionate personal statement. There are always exceptions though, there is no golden rule :smile:

Basically, I would really recommend working on a great personal statement. If you are passionate about your course, Goldsmiths, and your future, this will be taken into account by the admissions supervisors, especially as we approach the clearing period.

If you're really worried your grades aren't going to be good enough, it might be worth checking out our Integrated degree option, which has relaxed entry requirements. You can read about this here if you wish: http://www.gold.ac.uk/ug/integrated-degree-english/

I hope that helps!

Shaun
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Hello, I am a study abroad student who received the classes I'd be taking in my acceptance letter.

1) However, when will I receive my actual class schedule, meaning the times I have my classes?

2) I'd also like to know when I'll receive my Goldsmiths student email login information. When does all this happen?

3) Also, I have accepted my accommodation offer and paid the housing deposit, but when will I find out my actual suite number/floor number/how many people live in my suite/etc.?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just very excited and want to know as much as I can.
Original post by hpmesing
Hello, I am a study abroad student who received the classes I'd be taking in my acceptance letter.

1) However, when will I receive my actual class schedule, meaning the times I have my classes?

2) I'd also like to know when I'll receive my Goldsmiths student email login information. When does all this happen?

3) Also, I have accepted my accommodation offer and paid the housing deposit, but when will I find out my actual suite number/floor number/how many people live in my suite/etc.?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just very excited and want to know as much as I can.

Hi hpmesing,

Thanks for your message!

1) You would generally receive this information during Enrolment week. Some departments might send you this information before then.

2) This should be sent out to you before you arrive, but if not, you can get these details during Enrolment week.

3) Halls allocations will begin in mid August, so you should be notified mid to late August by the Accommodation team with this info.

I hope this helps! if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Shaun
Original post by Elwiri
Is it possible to stay in Goldsmiths accommodation over summer? How much a night would it cost to stay in Loring Hall over summer?

Cheers

Hi Elwiri,

This is possible, but it depends on availability. Often international summer school students stay in the halls over summer. If you were interested in staying over this period, you would need to get in touch with our accommodation team. You can call them on +44 (0)20 7919 7192 or email [email protected].

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
Shaun
Hi there, I applied for BA Design last year and was offered a place but didn't get my grades, I'm currently doing an Art Foundation year and was wondering if I still have a chance as I am planning to reapply for the same course this year?
Original post by apanesar8
Hi there, I applied for BA Design last year and was offered a place but didn't get my grades, I'm currently doing an Art Foundation year and was wondering if I still have a chance as I am planning to reapply for the same course this year?

Hi there,

Yes, you'll be considered if you apply again. Your application will now be stronger alongside your Foundation year.

Best wishes,

Shaun
Any idea when bursaries are paid out, supposed to be today. Or does paid on the 25th mean processed and wait a couple of days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending