The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Studying computational linguistics at Goldsmiths, University of London

Is Goldsmiths, University of London worth it at all for studying computer science or linguistics? I received an offer letter for the MA in computational linguistics program. It doesn't look like any serious research related to linguistics or computational linguistics happens there. It seems to be a college mainly focused on music, drama, art etc. Should I accept the offer? I am being asked to declare my acceptance within 4 weeks' time. I will be neck deep in debt after this so I have to choose very wisely. Can I gravitate towards a research-oriented career after doing my master's there?
What did you end up going for? I'm interested in this course but haven't applied yet
I see that there are optional modules on research if that's what you wanted to do
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by aditya1998
Is Goldsmiths, University of London worth it at all for studying computer science or linguistics? I received an offer letter for the MA in computational linguistics program. It doesn't look like any serious research related to linguistics or computational linguistics happens there. It seems to be a college mainly focused on music, drama, art etc. Should I accept the offer? I am being asked to declare my acceptance within 4 weeks' time. I will be neck deep in debt after this so I have to choose very wisely. Can I gravitate towards a research-oriented career after doing my master's there?

Somewhat late but I'm not really aware of it on that front. For computational linguistics stuff I think the main unis that spring to mind in the UK are Edinburgh and Cambridge, as I recall both have dedicated tracks for those areas in their PhD offerings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending