The Student Room Group

Tips for A2???

Any general tips for someone going into their A2 year???
Reply 1
Original post by SCIENCE :D
Any general tips for someone going into their A2 year???

Are you also going into A2 year? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Azarashi
Are you also going into A2 year? :smile:

Yeah haha, to be honest I just want to get back to college now and start, I cant't wait for Uni :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah haha, to be honest I just want to get back to college now and start, I cant't wait for Uni :smile:

Wow aren't you studious :biggrin:
In the same place here, can't wait for uni either! What are you planning to study?
Reply 4
Wow aren't you studious :biggrin:
In the same place here, can't wait for uni either! What are you planning to study?

Haha, I'm planning to study History or war Studies, probably History, What about you??? :biggrin:
Reply 5
Haha, I'm planning to study History or war Studies, probably History, What about you??? :biggrin:

Those seem interesting :biggrin:
I'm quite set on doing Computer Science, although I will have to do more research since I've never done it for A Levels and such :3
Reply 6
Those seem interesting :biggrin:
I'm quite set on doing Computer Science, although I will have to do more research since I've never done it for A Levels and such :3

Ah ok, I am sure it will be fun as long as you are interested in it haha, Good luck to you!!! :smile:
Reply 7
Ah ok, I am sure it will be fun as long as you are interested in it haha, Good luck to you!!! :smile:

You too :biggrin:

How were your AS results? Are you happy with them?
Reply 8
You too :biggrin:

How were your AS results? Are you happy with them?

They weren't to great I got CCC which I know isn't great but, I need BBC for my Uni course which I know I can get, because I was rather lazy last year haha, what about you?
Reply 9
They weren't to great I got CCC which I know isn't great but, I need BBC for my Uni course which I know I can get, because I was rather lazy last year haha, what about you?

Hm I'm happy with my results, however I don't know how much better I can do next year.. I do need to do a little better
It seems you're already set on a particular course at uni! I'm jealous, the choice is so hard for me ^_^""
Hm I'm happy with my results, however I don't know how much better I can do next year.. I do need to do a little better
It seems you're already set on a particular course at uni! I'm jealous, the choice is so hard for me ^_^""

Haha I'm sure you will know soon enough, just got to make sure you pick something you enjoy!!! :smile:
Haha I'm sure you will know soon enough, just got to make sure you pick something you enjoy!!! :smile:

I just don't know what universities to apply to.... so hard to choose! x3
I am going to self-study my A2 biology and chemistry, hope things work out!

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a new Yr 13 student, I can only share A2 tips I've heard from ex-A2 students myself - it's pretty much the same as AS tips, except how A2 will be on tougher content in most cases! :smile:

- Start home study/revision from day one! This will help you constantly keep all of the content fresh in your mind throughout the year and means you can afford to do less self study each day. If you don't do it each day, you'll have to do much more later!
- Buddy-up with friends or classmates who you know will actually focus on work in a group study session - make sure you will stay focused, too! This way you can offer each other your own knowledge and interpretations of trickier content.
- Read subject-related books to improve your background subject knowledge, both before and during A2. This will help you interpret the new content more easily.
- After a day at school/college, go back over your notes.
- This is one I figured out from AS - one of the best ways to organise yourself is to take an A4 refill notepad/A4 notepad into Sixth Form, then take the pad home with all your notes in and put individual sheets of notes for each subject into folders. This means you won't have to haul several folders around school with you, but keep in mind that you won't be able to access previous work content until you get home each day.

Hope these help! :smile:
Reply 14
On Saturdays go to uni library(if u can). They should have a silent study area. And do past papers.

Good for maths and science and stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest