The Student Room Group

Rape jokes

Why is this acceptable? Clearly a crude rape joke. But it's male rape so it doesn't count right?
joke.JPG

Scroll to see replies

It's definitely wrong whether its for a man or woman.. I'm not sure I understand the joke though.. I get that a foot long means a long penis but why is that a pun? :'] confused
Grow the **** up and find a sense of humour
Oh.. i just read the article and its because he represented subway.. makes sense now :']
Original post by Hevachan
It's definitely wrong whether its for a man or woman.. I'm not sure I understand the joke though.. I get that a foot long means a long penis but why is that a pun? :'] confused

He was a spokesperson for subway
Original post by Hevachan
Oh.. i just read the article and its because he represented subway.. makes sense now :']

Good job early bird
Reply 6
Original post by HornDirndlFest
Grow the **** up and find a sense of humour

If it was a woman, no-one would be saying this.
Original post by Plutonian

Why should we give a ****?
Reply 8
I don't find anything offensive about rape jokes as long as they aren't personalized.

Tbf, with some of the people on tsr I wouldn't be suprised if they did say this to a woman..
I think that is unacceptable. Its not really a joke, its a cheap pun with a really unpleasant subtext.
Reply 11
Original post by A5ko
I don't find anything offensive about rape jokes as long as they aren't personalized.

Original post by HornDirndlFest
Why should we give a ****?

Wow the double standards of the left wing are unbelievable. The tiniest sex joke against females there is tons of outrage but when it's a man nobody cares. FYI I'm not bothered about the joke itself, it's the double standards that get me.
Wow the double standards of the left wing are unbelievable. The tiniest sex joke against females there is tons of outrage but when it's a man nobody cares. FYI I'm not bothered about the joke itself, it's the double standards that get me.

Did you just call me left wing you little bitch? :pierre:

And it is a joke which assumes that the person isn't homosexual in which case the meaning would be somewhat different
This is just poor, and to be honest it's pretty disgusting as well. Rape is horrible and shouldn't be joked about. And yes, I'm left wing.
What makes rape jokes distasteful to me is that we have a social climate where genuine rape is often not taken seriously.

A fortiori male rape.
(edited 8 years ago)
Did you expect anything else from a sensationalist rag?

Two points to make:

He goes off on one a bit, but the relevant material is within the first 4 or so minutes.

2. If someone uses humour as a coping mechanism, you're well within your rights to think that the way they're coping with it could be better. But if that's the way they're dealing with it, who the **** are you to judge them for it and actually tell them that they're doing it wrong?
It's a joke. Who cares?

Laugh or cringe at it and move on with your life.
Reply 17
I can't be the only one who found that headline hilarious... :unsure:
Probably not the most appropriate front page for a newspaper, but at the end of the day they can print what they want. Don't like it, don't buy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
why do people get so mad over a joke. I personally think jokes like that are hillarious

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending