The Student Room Group

Entry to medicine

Hi everyone,

I'm a student at Birkbeck, currently studying bio-medicine and am thinking of applying to medicine (for graduate entry level in 2017). I took the BTEC National Diploma level 3 and achieved three distinction stars in science.

I would like to also do Biology and Chemistry A level (at least AS) to make it easier and more likely to get excepted. Does any one no of an exam center where I can come in just for practical assessments and exams.

Thanks.
Reply 1
I'm not sure if I can help you with that, But I'm going to be an undergrad at Birkbeck in October :smile:
I'm really looking forward to attending!
What was your first impression of the university? Was it what you thought it would be like? Better..? Worse..?
Reply 2
Original post by tealites
I'm not sure if I can help you with that, But I'm going to be an undergrad at Birkbeck in October :smile:
I'm really looking forward to attending!
What was your first impression of the university? Was it what you thought it would be like? Better..? Worse..?

- Great place to be, great facilities available - you also have access to the university of London building. A lot of help available if needed!

BTW what you studying?
Reply 3
Original post by Meir kest
- Great place to be, great facilities available - you also have access to the university of London building. A lot of help available if needed!

BTW what you studying?

Politics, Philosophy and History :smile:
I have the same game plan as you hun.
Many graduate universities don't look at A levels though.
Do you think it's worth it?
Reply 5
Original post by shirlz2808
I have the same game plan as you hun.
Many graduate universities don't look at A levels though.
Do you think it's worth it?

I've been advised by many people to do at least As biology and chemistry!

Quick Reply

Latest