The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why do women feel the need to sexualise themselves in public?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NHM713
Because it's a topic you are responding to (it's on your mind). Because it's the same as girls that please you, you're paying attention.

That is a swiping statement, an assumption, you cannot know everything about someone based on something so superficial.
Isn't that there problem, are you telling me that is where your concern is?

Hm, either you misread what I wrote or have limited comprehensive skills. Giving someone attention and being aware of them are two utterly different things. Just google the words if you don't follow.

No, it is not sweeping at all. I'll even go as far as to say prove otherwise.
But such an action is not superficial in the slightest. The person had to see the item of clothing, like it, buy it, then decide to wear it It's a long process in which the person is subconsciously thinking "this clothing represent me as I feel comfortable in it".
If it was as superficial as you claim, then clothing would be only practical and wouldn't change with age groups. http://www.bergfashionlibrary.com/page/The$0020Social$0020Psychology$0020of$0020Dress/the-social-psychology-of-dress
Just give that a read. But lets be honest, you/everyone know this, you just don't want to admit it.
I think it's possibly unfair to generalise that women (not just some) feel the need to wear as little as possible - many would rather not. But some do try to dress provocatively but they are quite possibly sexualised by the observer, not themselves. I think it also has to do with personal insecurities - dressing in a way that hides other, interior, flaws or insecurities. Also, societal pressures mean that women are often stigmatised for covering up too much - they "should" show more flesh, they're "frigid" or "asexual" or "boring" if they choose to cover up their chest/legs/arms.
Women shouldn't be blamed for dressing in a certain way - we do after all live in a free country - and so they shouldn't be criticised or undermined if they wear very few clothes or too many.

Check out my blog: https://hereclaireandeverywhere.wordpress.com/
Original post by Jimbo1234
But it does matter. What part of it being a growing trend do you not understand? And guys like me give them no attention - why do you think we do? Why would we give attention to girls who piss us off? :confused:

No - what someone wears is a perfect reflection of them. Girls who wear little are insecure because what they were is a result of how they feel. They decided to put sexuality before comfort or practicality. Judging them for their actions is only common sense.

Well you sound lovely. :rolleyes:
Luckily for me, women in the UK are the most depressed they have ever been so I think I have a pretty good point. But hey, keep up the denial and you'll soon been out the gene pool.

Denial about what exactly? Ironic that you're being sarcastic about my supposed niceness; you have one of the most aggressive and rude argument styles I've seen on TSR. I digress.
Do you think that wearing a floor length gown will be the answer to all British womens' problems then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Can you give examples of sexual clothing??
Original post by Ladymusiclover

Sorry but I cannot post any examples on tapatalk.
But kylie Jenner and Miley cyris are good examples
Reply 365
You don't like what women wear either way. Too little and they're a slut. Too much and they're frigid. Women have given up trying to please men with what they wear centuries ago. Get over yourselves.
Reply 366
Original post by Blue_Mason
How dare you even try to pin this back at me.
I have the right to protest against the way women dress and if you have a problem with that then it is down to you, not me.

Protesting against the way women dress to try and change it is like doing a rain dance and hoping it rains. Sorry but it's pointless:biggrin:.
Reply 367
Original post by Ladymusiclover

Original post by Mason_
You don't like what women wear either way. Too little and they're a slut. Too much and they're frigid. Women have given up trying to please men with what they wear centuries ago. Get over yourselves.

I have never once called any female a slut on tsr.
You see I am not the person that you paint me as.
And no, these women just need to get over themselves.
Reply 370
Sorry but I cannot post any examples on tapatalk.
But kylie Jenner and Miley cyris are good examples

Don't base your opinion on Kylie Jenner and Miley Cyrus.
Original post by Mason_
Protesting against the way women dress to try and change it is like doing a rain dance and hoping it rains. Sorry but it's pointless:biggrin:.

Why do you lack faith in your gender?
No reading up on the kardashians is pointless, but you still do it.
I believe that they're women who agree and would back me only protest.
Original post by Josb
Don't base your opinion on Kylie Jenner and Miley Cyrus.

The way they dress, it influences the young women of my generation.
I see it everyday, and i hate it.
Reply 373
I have never once called any female a slut on tsr.
You see I am not the person that you paint me as.
And no, these women just need to get over themselves.

But you have thought it in your head when you have seen someone dressing as you say "inappropriately"? I don't paint you as anything I'm just going with the general trend here. Guys (although not all of them) are always going to try to put women down for the way they dress no matter what they wear. Have you considered that if all women never dressed revealingly then guys would probably be complaining that more skin needs to be shown? Maybe this thread would be the opposite of what it is.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 374
Why do you lack faith in your gender?
No reading up on the kardashians is pointless, but you still do it.
I believe that they're women who agree and would back me only protest.

Aha, you don't know me and you can't assume that. Then they are the women who are actually insecure (rather than the ones who dress revealingly). The only reason women would go with you on this and protest against other women is because they beg for male attention and these women are the ones that I would truly be concerned about. Or they just don't value their rights and in that case are probably just mentally unstable.
Reply 375
The way they dress, it influences the young women of my generation.
I see it everyday, and i hate it.

They dress better when they get old. The Spice Girls were worse imo.
Original post by Mason_
Aha, you don't know me and you can't assume that. Then they are the women who are actually insecure (rather than the ones who dress revealingly). The only reason women would go with you on this and protest against other women is because they beg for male attention and these women are the ones that I would truly be concerned about. Or they just don't value their rights and in that case are probably just mentally unstable.

How can you think so little of other women?
Original post by Eveiebaby
Denial about what exactly? Ironic that you're being sarcastic about my supposed niceness; you have one of the most aggressive and rude argument styles I've seen on TSR. I digress.
Do you think that wearing a floor length gown will be the answer to all British womens' problems then?

Why do I have to spell out everything on this forum and don't confuse aggression for being blunt and having a lack of patience.

People like yourself excuse womens bad behaviour by shouting down any guy and calling him a pig. It is pretty pathetic really. And then from people like myself not wanting women to have everything hanging out you claim we want everything hidden - utterly black and white examples simply because you have nothing else. What happened to acting with dignity and class? Women always go on about being "exploited" and being seen as only pieces of meat, yet for so many that is all they offer.
So make your mind up. Either dress appropriately or get treated as you deserve. If you dress as a cop and are mistaken for one, that is your fault :redface: But god forbid modern women actually holding themselves accountable for their mistakes. Either they made no mistakes or its the mans fault.
Original post by Jimbo1234
Why do I have to spell out everything on this forum and don't confuse aggression for being blunt and having a lack of patience.

People like yourself excuse womens bad behaviour by shouting down any guy and calling him a pig. It is pretty pathetic really. And then from people like myself not wanting women to have everything hanging out you claim we want everything hidden - utterly black and white examples simply because you have nothing else. What happened to acting with dignity and class? Women always go on about being "exploited" and being seen as only pieces of meat, yet for so many that is all they offer.
So make your mind up. Either dress appropriately or get treated as you deserve. If you dress as a cop and are mistaken for one, that is your fault :redface: But god forbid modern women actually holding themselves accountable for their mistakes. Either they made no mistakes or its the mans fault.

I like how you assume that I wear little clothing myself. I don't have to wear a tiny dress to defend the rights of those who do.

Bad behaviour? Like we're naughty school girls and you...I guess you see yourself (and men like you) as someone who appoints himself as the adjudicator of good and bad; A self-styled god if you will.

If these girls regardless of what they are wearing haven't harmed you, why is it any of your damn business and how are you so certain that these girls have nothing to offer.

Even say if your theory was right, that these girls had some sort of mental disturbance, does that really make THEM a bad person worthy of emotional abuse from men? Assuming of course that they haven't killed, maimed or ruined someone's property and what not does a woman's state of dress really determine her worth?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Eveiebaby
Bad behaviour? Like we're naughty school girls and you...I guess you see yourself (and men like you) as someone who appoints himself as the adjudicator of good and bad; A self-styled god if you will.

Haha, so you are saying that no one can claim to be better than someone else? Again, such extremes with you as you need to warp reality as god forbid you see the truth.

If these girls regardless of what they are wearing haven't harmed you, why is it any of your damn business and how are you so certain that these girls have nothing to offer.

Because it is a part of society. Again why do I need to spell this out? Other people have to live and work with these women and if they are doing something stupid, then it is going to eventually impact everyone around them, e.g. the soaring rate of depression. Ever worked with someone with depression? Seen someone with depression trying to raise a family? Thought not.

Even say if your theory was right, that these girls had some sort of mental disturbance, does that really make THEM a bad person worthy of emotional abuse from men? Assuming of course that they haven't killed, maimed or ruined someone's property and what not does a woman's state of dress really determine her worth?

Who's emotionally abusing them? Where did you pull that from?
Or do you think criticism and being told what would be better is "emotional abuse"?

Now just stop with this playground logic and actually comeback when you have something of value to contribute rather than putting words in others mouths

Latest

Trending

Trending