The Student Room Group

PAT testing for university

my university requires PAT testing on all items that are over 1 year old and i was wondering do any other universities require this and if so what did you do, did you buy a pat testing kit and do it yourself (if so can you suggest a pat testing kit) or did you get a professional to do it, thanks
Original post by greenalien97
my university requires PAT testing on all items that are over 1 year old and i was wondering do any other universities require this and if so what did you do, did you buy a pat testing kit and do it yourself (if so can you suggest a pat testing kit) or did you get a professional to do it, thanks

Hello,

At my university we had to have a PAT test for items over 1 year old and if they were under, and you still had the receipt, then you didn't have too.
However, the university had someone to do the PAT testing for students living in halls. It was a professional who was hired year after year. Over a couple of days who goes around halls PAT testing your items. We had to leave them on our beds and who'd do the test and then leave a bill, then from a certain time he sat in our SU and we went and paid him.

Quite simple. If your university don't offer it, ring them and ask them what they think you should do or the best way to go about it.
Original post by greenalien97

For my poster day I had to get some things tested I just got it done in uni went away had lunch came back and it was done don't do it yourself you may damage something get someone who knows what they are doing how do I know I'm an electronic engineer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending