The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Kettles in uni accom - QMUL

Can you bring ur own kettle to QMUL Floyer house accommodation?
I don't see why you'd do this as all QMUL accomodation comes equipped with kettles!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Scotland Yard
I don't see why you'd do this as all QMUL accomodation comes equipped with kettles!

It's a truth universally acknowledged that a single student in possession of an offer for a university must be in want of accommodation with at least two kettles per person!

Spoiler

It’s a question for the accommodation team as some small appliances need to be tested and certified whilst others don’t.
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
It's a truth universally acknowledged that a single student in possession of an offer for a university must be in want of accommodation with at least two kettles per person!

Spoiler

LMAOOO NAH but I just wanted one in my own room so don’t disturb everyone when I wake up early
Original post by Dynastey0
LMAOOO NAH but I just wanted one in my own room so don’t disturb everyone when I wake up early

Jokes aside though @Admit-One makes a very good point - you probably will need to have it undergo portable appliance testing (PAT) before they will permit you to use it in the flat (or certainly your room I expect at least).

Also honestly boiling a kettle in your room rather than going to do it in the kitchen is more likely to be disruptive - since student halls often have thin walls and the rooms are usually next to each other!

I'd say just stick with the kitchen kettle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending