The Student Room Group

Extra curricular activities

How are y'all phrasing the extra curricular activities part? I want to put just a bit in but I don't want to say, "I play tennis" "I gained teamwork skills blah blah"
But I don't know how else to phrase it? Any tips? Thank you!!!
Original post by capnUSA
How are y'all phrasing the extra curricular activities part? I want to put just a bit in but I don't want to say, "I play tennis" "I gained teamwork skills blah blah"
But I don't know how else to phrase it? Any tips? Thank you!!!

Do you mean in a personal statement? :smile:
I wouldn't worry too much about that section - it's such a small part of your PS, and the skills gained aren't relevant unless applying for something like healthcare
Reply 3
Original post by themosscrowd
Do you mean in a personal statement? :smile:

oh yeah!! sorry, forgot to mention that bit
Reply 4
Original post by *Interrobang*
I wouldn't worry too much about that section - it's such a small part of your PS, and the skills gained aren't relevant unless applying for something like healthcare

I'm applying for medicine, and i know, I'm only going to put a couple of sentences on it
Original post by capnUSA
I'm applying for medicine, and i know, I'm only going to put a couple of sentences on it

If you are applying for medicine you need more, like volunteering in a care home/school etc. to show your suitability for being a doctor. Check the guidance in my signature (at the bottom of my first post) for advice on how to write a PS for medicine :smile:
Original post by capnUSA
oh yeah!! sorry, forgot to mention that bit

There are many ways you can do it eloquently, I have found it really useful to read other peoples statements to see how they have done it.

TSR has a great feature that enables you to do this and you can find that here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/category:tongue:ersonal_statements_by_subject#navapply

You can search for a course or a university.

I hope this helps!
This is exactly what we talk about at 16:00 minutes in the video on my latest blog post. Basically I'm interviewing a lady who does her own thing helping students with uni applications where she pulls apart why my personal statement worked so well i.e. got an Oxford interview, plus acceptances everywhere else. For 5 years-ish I did gymnastics and wanted to include it in the statement, but it was no way related to my degree and I wasn't even doing it at the time! My full statement is on the blog if you'd like to see how I did it, plus the lady is doing a free webinar on personal statements next week. The question is; what quality will you draw on from that experience that will be helpful at university?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

No trending threads to show

Trending

No trending threads to show