The Student Room Group

General tips to get the chem help you need in this forum

Guys...

I'm a chem PhD student. To you guys, I'm as old as the Moon. But I come on here sometimes when it's late at night and I'm about to go to bed, and occasionally answer some questions.

There are a lot of threads posted here that are less useful to the poster than other options available. I've noticed that there are some very, very common questions here.

How do I balance chemical equations?
Here is my long thermodynamics/kinetics question with no generality and a lot of numbers.
Which resources should I use for A level chemistry?
What is entropy?

To get your answer much faster than we can reply, use the search function on the forum before you post a question. There really are a lot that come up very often. You probably won't get exact numbers to your kinetics question, but you'll actually learn how to do it, which is much more valuable. No really, it is.

Please don't make threads entitled 'A level chemistry' or 'AS chem help' etc, unless you literally are asking about your subject options or the syllabus, etc! People with chemistry knowledge who are unfamiliar with the current syllabus may ignore them, thinking they can't help.

I'm not trying to be grumpy or get at anyone. Figuring out how to study and how to ask for help is part of learning. :smile: I'm just saying, help us to help you.
That's nice.
Agreed. Search first.

If you have a specific question, then summarise the question in the thread title, and mention your exam board.

Quick Reply

Latest