The Student Room Group

How do you A* predicted students revise?

I'm really curious, personally I usually sit between B's and A's but I really want to make that potential jump to A*.

Been lucky with my uni offers, manchester and leeds want ABB if I firm them, but I'd love to smash the targets by getting a couple A*s. I do physics, maths and computer science if anyone could help for any of these or any help in general on study methods, areas or any tips.

Absolutely any help would be appreciated :smile:
Take bio chem maths, 3A* predicted alhamdulilah, I make sure there I never walk away from a topic without completely understanding it, didn’t understand something in class, use google etc. from that point on I leave it until a test, revise the topic (doesn’t take long as I already made the neuronal links), then do as many past papers as possible, and do the test
That was a very long ramble Idek if that makes sense
Reply 3
Original post by freshh322
I'm really curious, personally I usually sit between B's and A's but I really want to make that potential jump to A*.

Been lucky with my uni offers, manchester and leeds want ABB if I firm them, but I'd love to smash the targets by getting a couple A*s. I do physics, maths and computer science if anyone could help for any of these or any help in general on study methods, areas or any tips.

Absolutely any help would be appreciated :smile:

Cover the content in detail going beyond what is taught in the classroom. and then just do active recall. Nothing else is really needed for retaining a high level of knowledge. For Structure just practise a day beforehand. With an A* Structure and actually follow the structure. If you can do both of those for the whole paper you will get an A*.
Reply 4
Hello, for maths, do a ton of questions. Madas maths has some really good ones for example. For physics, everyone has a different learning style, but for me it helps to try and distill the core concepts. Then, once again, apply them to as many questions as you can get your hands on. If you get stuck or confused, make sure to ask for help and don't leave it to be addressed on a later date. For computer science, I'm not sure which exam board you are doing, but I've found it helpful to target the things I struggled most with. Namely, trace tables.

I'm doing Edexcel (Maths) and AQA (physics and computer science) respectively. If you'd like any more tips I'm happy to try and provide them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest