The Student Room Group

Why do women get called whores but men dont?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ILovePancakes
In what way is it thought provoking? it's ****..

I like how you use your username to express a love of a food.
Original post by ILovePancakes
I know.. but it would've made my day :sigh:

Well considering there's only what, 17 minutes to go till tomorrow, it's all good
Why has everyone heard of the lock/key analogy but not the sharpener/pencil one?

Okaii so here goes :biggrin:
A sharpener that sharpens only one pencil will eventually become useless (because the pencil will become smaller and smaller until it's nothing).
However, a sharpener that sharpens loads of pencils, is a very good sharpener! :biggrin:

Don't kill me please :wink:
Original post by Arkasia
True, the analogy falls apart when we consider the slow but steady move to electronic keys and cards in place of metal. Perhaps human biology needs to evolve to keep up with this - might I suggest that women are installed with e-readers at birth?

What if we then hack the women? actually that sounds quite sadistic, if you read it in a certain way...
I think it's just for some evolutionary reason.

Eg, if a man sleeps around a lot, he doesn't get insulted, but a woman can get called a "slut", "whore" etc.

But equally, if a woman chooses not to have sex, she doesn't get insulted, but a man would get called a "virgin loser" etc.

It just seems like men having lots of sex is viewed as positively, and women not having lots of sex is viewed as positively. In the modern world, it's complete nonsense of course, people can do whatever they want.
Original post by The_Internet
What if we then hack the women? actually that sounds quite sadistic, if you read it in a certain way...

Well, let's just say there is a very select group of young men on the internet who have been training their whole lives for such an event. Do you want me to put the lotion in the basket? :frown:
Original post by Arkasia
Well, let's just say there is a very select group of young men on the internet who have been training their whole lives for such an event. Do you want me to put the lotion in the basket? :frown:

Lotion in the basket? Sorry, I've never heard that phrase.

unaware

Original post by Arkasia

smh :rofl:
Reply 29
A key that opens a lot of locks is a masterkey. A lock that is opened by many keys is a pretty ****ty lock. Easiest way to put it :lol:

Don't play innocent with me :frown:

Original post by Greg Jackson
unaware

PRSOM for awaring him bro

Original post by starlight82
smh :rofl:

You love it :yy:
Original post by liquidconfidence
Why has everyone heard of the lock/key analogy but not the sharpener/pencil one?

A sharpener that sharpens only one pencil will eventually become useless (because the pencil will become smaller and smaller until it's nothing).
However, a sharpener that sharpens loads of pencils, is a very good sharpener! :biggrin:

Ngl that's even worse than the lock/key one
Original post by Arkasia
Don't play innocent with me :frown:

PRSOM for awaring him bro

You love it :yy:

I genuinely had no idea, and I'm still a lil confused..

Original post by liquidconfidence

SO you're saying the more you screw girls (or "sharpen" them), they start to shrink in height?

SO you're saying the more you screw girls (or "sharpen" them), they start to shrink in height?

I took it to mean the more you screw girls, the smaller your dick gets.

Which, in hindsight, is probably why my dick is the same size as ever.
Original post by Arkasia
I took it to mean the more you screw girls, the smaller your dick gets.

Which, in hindsight, is probably why my dick is the same size as ever.

Well it doesn't really matter if the girls you're having sex with also get smaller and smaller....
Well it doesn't really matter if the girls you're having sex with also get smaller and smaller....

Alright Jimmy Saville calm down

So the girl is the sharpener and the guy is the pencil.
It's more saying a good sharpener can screw lots of 'pencils'. However, a rubbish sharpener can only screw one 'pencil' because like what's the point in having a sharpener that works for only one pencil! :biggrin:
And then a 'pencil' will get smaller and smaller over time :tongue:
It's such a double standard. Do whatever you want , sleep with as many or few people as you want. So long as you're single there is nothing wrong with sleeping with lots of people, whether you are a boy or girl.
There's a difference in behaviour and power relations between the sexes.

If you're a girl and you sleep around you'v basically just turned up to a club and shagged one of the many men who's approached your or is interested in you.

If you're a man you've ****ing earned it becuase you've been impressive, you've impressed her friends and you've played the game very skillfully.

And women value men who sleep around as it communicates value, whereas women already have value to men and the harder they are to attain the higher that value is.

This is why you get the opposite but ignored by sjws phenomena to slut shaming called virgin shaming. If a man hasn't had a good amount of sex, he gets shamed.

That's not to say that slut shaming is good (though why on earth shouldnt men judge what women they sleep with by whatever standards they ****ing want?) but whores vs man whores is not as like for like as people make out.
Reply 39
Because it's easy for a girl to sleep around, and very difficult for a man to.

Also, something about good keys and bad locks...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending