The Student Room Group

The DWP fabricate evidence and leave a disabled women destitute.

http://www.thenational.scot/news/stripped-of-benefits-and-forced-to-live-on-87-a-month-the-latest-victim-of-the-dwp.8367

So this women is living on £87 a month because the DWP say She gave verbal evidence to a WCA assessor consisting of only having problems with 2 out of 10 PIP descriptors. This wasn't the case replied her family & carer.

So it looks like the DWP is fabricated evidence again.

As people know on this forum I have a lot of communication between DPAC, YourAble and Black Triangle members.

We have collectively came to the conclusion that the DWP is purposely fabricating negative evidence during the assessment process and hoping people will give up.

We know this is happening because the kind of people who have been turned down are most often those who have the most severe needs.

Anyway we tell people in need to ask the DWP for a mandatory reconsideration.
The DWP will 9 times out of 10 change nothing on the assessment.
This is just a buffer decision which is designed to make claims last longer and prolong the suffering of the disabled person.

We then ask the disabled person to appeal. And this is where it gets interesting. You see at a appeal no one from the DWP can make any decision what so ever.
The people who make the decision are a Judge and a Doctor. So basically at the appeal stage people are being properly medically assessed.

This method is exactly the same as Employment Support Allowance/PIP and 2 claims out of 3 get though.

This is why I always warn my disabled friends if they are going to talk to a WCA assessor do it in their own home and rig the room with a microphone. They have the right to do this but the DWP and assessment body will just cry havoc and try and cancel the appointment.

So the DWP are at again. My guess is they are going to screw every disabled person in Scotland over because they know that when the SNP argue with them in the house of commons they can just fob them off.

This is what is going on folks. This is how Tories behave.

Scroll to see replies

DWP often say they have sent the letters out for assessments when they have not. Then they suspend the disabled persons money for over a year leaving them destitute and without any money until the disabled person can have their appeal heard at tribunal.

Sick Sick disgusting
Original post by SlenderManRises
B*llsh*t. Benefit claimants are just scrounging scum.

My company offered 5 JSA claimaints jobs with hours that suited them starting at 8 pounds a hour, and all 5 refused, Needless to say, they were reported to dwp to be be sanctioned,

There is a difference between the disabled and JSA.

Where are you based/what company is this? Those are good wages-was the work horrible or were they just idiots?

My company offered 5 JSA claimaints jobs with hours that suited them starting at 8 pounds a hour, and all 5 refused, Needless to say, they were reported to dwp to be be sanctioned,

We are not talking about JSA you inbecile
Original post by i<3milkshake
There is a difference between the disabled and JSA.

Where are you based/what company is this? Those are good wages-was the work horrible or were they just idiots?

My family own company that operates franchises from companies like Burger King Subway and many petrol stations.
My family own company that operates franchises from companies like Burger King Subway and many petrol stations.

In that case I hope you learn to maths when you inherit the business so you can develop an evidence-based hiring strategy rather than basing your concept of the employment market on lurid tabloid headlines

Also referring to a pool of potential employees as "scrounging scum" bespeaks a terrible attitude on your part. You will make a very bad boss, and one suspects that if your parents are as reactionary and nasty as you, the benefit claimants who refused might have been more perceptive than you've given them credit for.

Of course I know really you're just trolling
(edited 8 years ago)

That is JSA claimants. We are talking about people who have severe Autism here.

I can guarantee you that you wouldn't want someone who suffers from defects related to light and sound. Its like having the brightness turned up to max on your monitor and all sounds are unusually loud. People like this couldn't work in a busy kitchen or a Petrol station due the excessive levels of sensory disruption.

Now if you want to call anyone a Scrounger call me it. I actually enjoy protecting the disabled people like you.

Mouthing off at everyone here ain't gonna win you much support.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by illegaltobepoor
That is JSA claimants. We are talking about people who have severe Autism here.

OP pretty random here but what do you do for a living and are you actively involved in the labour party?

Bill
Original post by Bill_Gates
OP pretty random here but what do you do for a living and are you actively involved in the labour party?

Bill

I personally can't be arsed with the Labour party. I was going to join but there are still a couple hypocrites in the party. If Labour purges all the Blairites I will consider joining. I hate neo-liberalism.

At the moment I am studying Computing & Aquaculture in a double honors. I did a switch not long back from Computing & Finance. I was into HF trading. Also known as Quant Trading.

Like most students here my income is pretty rubbish now but I guess I am a spoilt brat. I have it better than 90% of my peers.

When I finish this degree I will most likely be working with a couple of my mates building Aquaculture related products. I'll be in charge of the software development part of the business.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
Posted from TSR Mobile

That is disgusting.

Sanctioning people means they have no money to live on at all.

No money for food, to pay bills, nothing.

Essentially you are making people destitute.

You are condemning people to poverty for what? What right have you to judge another person?

Disabled people are negatively affected by sanctions as they can't work. The vast majority of people who say that they are disabled and unfit for work are.

You may not be able to see their disability, but that does not mean that it doesn't exist.
Original post by Katty3
Posted from TSR Mobile

That is disgusting.

No money for food, to pay bills, nothing.

Essentially you are making people destitute.

You are condemning people to poverty for what? What right have you to judge another person?

Disabled people are negatively affected by sanctions as they can't work. The vast majority of people who say that they are disabled and unfit for work are.

You may not be able to see their disability, but that does not mean that it doesn't exist.

This is what a Tory will reply like.

So? People in developing countries live in shanty towns and go to work even if they have no legs. They get no medical insurance and if they drop dead one day they get put into a mass grave.

Why should British poor people be treated any better?

[video="youtube;1BOfSRwNsD8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BOfSRwNsD8[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
http://www.thenational.scot/news/stripped-of-benefits-and-forced-to-live-on-87-a-month-the-latest-victim-of-the-dwp.8367

So this women is living on £87 a month because the DWP say She gave verbal evidence to a WCA assessor consisting of only having problems with 2 out of 10 PIP descriptors. This wasn't the case replied her family & carer.

If we ignore the possibility that a woman who in the words of her mother "struggles with certain types of communication" failed adequately to communicate her problems, there is no way of telling from the news report whether the woman indicated problems that did not amount to a scoring descriptor or whether the woman was simply not believed by the assessor rather than the assessor misrepresenting that that woman claimed to have no problems.

There is a widespread erroneous belief that because a claimant says something. a doctor, health assessor, DWP clerk or tribunal must accept what the claimant says.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Katty3
Posted from TSR Mobile

That is disgusting.

This wasn't a sanction. This was a health assessor and DWP decisionmaker/clerk deciding that this woman was not eligible for the rate of benefit that this woman thought she was eligible for.

A sanction is a punishment for non-compliance with DWP regulations. This woman did nothing wrong. She was simply (in the opinion of the DWP) less disabled than she thought she was.
I personally can't be arsed with the Labour party. I was going to join but there are still a couple hypocrites in the party. If Labour purges all the Blairites I will consider joining. I hate neo-liberalism.

At the moment I am studying Computing & Aquaculture in a double honors. I did a switch not long back from Computing & Finance. I was into HF trading. Also known as Quant Trading.

Like most students here my income is pretty rubbish now but I guess I am a spoilt brat. I have it better than 90% of my peers.

When I finish this degree I will most likely be working with a couple of my mates building Aquaculture related products. I'll be in charge of the software development part of the business.

Surprising someone to be considered on the left and be involved in HF trading lol.

If I was on benefits, or even our of work, I would jump at the chance to get £8 per hour. That is the kind of wage I would expect for working in such places at night, let alone the day,

This thread as about disabled people though.

As much as I prefer the Tories over anyone else;

The DWP have targets for sanctions. They don't do it based on behaviour of claimants but to meet targets.
They sanction people even if they don't deserve it. That is why so many appeal and get the decision overturned; once the sanction goes through a proper process where the reasons will be judged they don't stand up to scrutiny.
If I was on benefits, or even our of work, I would jump at the chance to get £8 per hour. That is the kind of wage I would expect for working in such places at night, let alone the day,

This thread as about disabled people though.

As much as I prefer the Tories over anyone else;

The DWP have targets for sanctions. They don't do it based on behaviour of claimants but to meet targets.
They sanction people even if they don't deserve it. That is why so many appeal and get the decision overturned; once the sanction goes through a proper process where the reasons will be judged they don't stand up to scrutiny.

£8 a hr to low for me. Prefer £80+
£8 a hr to low for me. Prefer £80+

£8 per hour is a good amount. For doing a job that is completely unskilled that is perfectly fair. If you want more than £8 per hour then people should accept that they need to do more in terms of their education and experience.

If you want £10+per hour get a (relevant) degree and education, get good experience. If you have not got any education to speak of, if you haven't got a few years of good experience on your CV and moved up from the entry level position you started, you haven't got a chance of earning more.

If you want more than minimum wage, ask yourself this;
what have you done above the bare minimum to deserve more? Or are you simply lazy and greedy, a terrible combination. Lazy as you are unwilling to do more even though you can see the rewards, greedy as you want more money from someone else (your employer, the taxman, your parents, whoever) when they have earned it with their effort and time and you haven't.

This post is my general view, not aimed at you, since you are both a software developer and stock market trader, with both full time jobs probably giving you the figure you quote-£80 per hour.

Unless of course you were lying, but I shall assume you are not.
£8 per hour is a good amount. For doing a job that is completely unskilled that is perfectly fair. If you want more than £8 per hour then people should accept that they need to do more in terms of their education and experience.

If you want £10+per hour get a (relevant) degree and education, get good experience. If you have not got any education to speak of, if you haven't got a few years of good experience on your CV and moved up from the entry level position you started, you haven't got a chance of earning more.

If you want more than minimum wage, ask yourself this;
what have you done above the bare minimum to deserve more? Or are you simply lazy and greedy, a terrible combination. Lazy as you are unwilling to do more even though you can see the rewards, greedy as you want more money from someone else (your employer, the taxman, your parents, whoever) when they have earned it with their effort and time and you haven't.

This post is my general view, not aimed at you, since you are both a software developer and stock market trader, with both full time jobs probably giving you the figure you quote-£80 per hour.

Unless of course you were lying, but I shall assume you are not.

To be honest if someone like yourself or the franchiser offered me £10 a hour I'd turn round and pull out a few grand and chuck it up in the air, walk away and then watch crowds of people dash for the cash.

That would be the biggest kick in the face I could do to a Tory.

So it looks like the DWP is fabricated evidence again.

As people know on this forum I have a lot of communication between DPAC, YourAble and Black Triangle members.

We have collectively came to the conclusion that the DWP is purposely fabricating negative evidence during the assessment process and hoping people will give up.

We know this is happening because the kind of people who have been turned down are most often those who have the most severe needs.

Anyway we tell people in need to ask the DWP for a mandatory reconsideration.
The DWP will 9 times out of 10 change nothing on the assessment.
This is just a buffer decision which is designed to make claims last longer and prolong the suffering of the disabled person.

We then ask the disabled person to appeal. And this is where it gets interesting. You see at a appeal no one from the DWP can make any decision what so ever.
The people who make the decision are a Judge and a Doctor. So basically at the appeal stage people are being properly medically assessed.

This method is exactly the same as Employment Support Allowance/PIP and 2 claims out of 3 get though.

This is why I always warn my disabled friends if they are going to talk to a WCA assessor do it in their own home and rig the room with a microphone. They have the right to do this but the DWP and assessment body will just cry havoc and try and cancel the appointment.

So the DWP are at again. My guess is they are going to screw every disabled person in Scotland over because they know that when the SNP argue with them in the house of commons they can just fob them off.

This is what is going on folks. This is how Tories behave.

Looks like here diabetes could be cured if she dropped a few stone.

Be careful of quoting pro SNP websites as they have a habit of publishing wholly inaccurate news stories.
To be honest if someone like yourself or the franchiser offered me £10 a hour I'd turn round and pull out a few grand and chuck it up in the air, walk away and then watch crowds of people dash for the cash.

That would be the biggest kick in the face I could do to a Tory.

You don't have a few grand spare, you have no job...
you should say it is your FANTASY to do that rather than if someone like yourself.

If you have a few grand spare then you are a living example of how the benefits system is broken.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending