The Student Room Group

EO DWP civil service

Hello!
I’m starting with the civil service in an Executive officer role for the DWP next month .
Does anyone have any experience with this role or maybe tell me a little more about the role itself.

What I’ll be doing day to day for example.
I just don’t want to go in completely unprepared given the fact this a completely different from anything I have done in the past.

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by username5872838
Hello!
I’m starting with the civil service in an Executive officer role for the DWP next month .
Does anyone have any experience with this role or maybe tell me a little more about the role itself.

I just don’t want to go in completely unprepared given the fact this a completely different from anything I have done in the past.

Thank you!

I think you need to elaborate on the EO role itself as there are multiple EO grade roles within the DWP. :smile:
Could you please give any tips about how your application had been successful and had been accepted for the job?
Hello!

Thank you!

Hi I want to ask the same question you did! So can you give me any answers please seeing as you wrote this last year 😂 assuming you took the job, thanks
Reply 4
Hello!

Thank you!

Hi,

Could you advise how long the process took from start to finish? I interviewed on 26th June and received a provisional offer on 10th July.

My application is now undergoing pre-employment checks so I'm just curious how long this could take roughly. The role I've applied for is Executive Officer - Disability Services within the DWP.
Original post by jwalker93
Hi,

Could you advise how long the process took from start to finish? I interviewed on 26th June and received a provisional offer on 10th July.

My application is now undergoing pre-employment checks so I'm just curious how long this could take roughly. The role I've applied for is Executive Officer - Disability Services within the DWP.

I’ve been waiting four weeks so far for my checks and still heard nothing
my references have been contacted
and yesterday I received my DBS through the post
Reply 6
Original post by Alexbain1994
I’ve been waiting four weeks so far for my checks and still heard nothing
my references have been contacted
and yesterday I received my DBS through the post

It's the not knowing that's frustrating isn't it.

I'm due to start a different job on 1st August so hoping it hear something soon as this one is my preference but I don't think that'll happen.

What area did you apply for?
It's the not knowing that's frustrating isn't it.

I'm due to start a different job on 1st August so hoping it hear something soon as this one is my preference but I don't think that'll happen.

What area did you apply for?

Liverpool.
I had been ongoing application since May, interview in June and offered the job couple of days later provisionally.
It’s just the unknown that’s getting to me! They contacted my references pretty much straight away, DBS all cleared. Assuming I’m just waiting for health and financial checks now.
I think it’s hard because never had a job as such before where you get a ‘provisional offer’ so it’s the unknown and questioning how long these bloody checks will take! In limbo! What area did you apply for? And congratulations 🥳
Reply 8
Liverpool.
I had been ongoing application since May, interview in June and offered the job couple of days later provisionally.
It’s just the unknown that’s getting to me! They contacted my references pretty much straight away, DBS all cleared. Assuming I’m just waiting for health and financial checks now.
I think it’s hard because never had a job as such before where you get a ‘provisional offer’ so it’s the unknown and questioning how long these bloody checks will take! In limbo! What area did you apply for? And congratulations 🥳

I've been provisionally offered Executive Officer - Disability Services with DWP in Telford, Shropshire.

As far as I know, the role just requires the basic DBS check so not sure why it takes so long. It's been a week and my references are yet to be contacted.

Were you aware that the DBS had been processed or did it just arrive through the post?
I've been provisionally offered Executive Officer - Disability Services with DWP in Telford, Shropshire.

As far as I know, the role just requires the basic DBS check so not sure why it takes so long. It's been a week and my references are yet to be contacted.

Were you aware that the DBS had been processed or did it just arrive through the post?

I got a letter from them through the post with an update yesterday. It stated I had passed my DBS check, it gave me online login details to check it and then said I had to await for the copy to come in the post.

baring in mind I already had a DBS certificate number that I used in application so not sure why they had to do another one.

I have a friend who’s in another Department at another site/ location and she told me her checks took almost 8 weeks to complete 😱😱
Reply 10
I got a letter from them through the post with an update yesterday. It stated I had passed my DBS check, it gave me online login details to check it and then said I had to await for the copy to come in the post.

baring in mind I already had a DBS certificate number that I used in application so not sure why they had to do another one.

I have a friend who’s in another Department at another site/ location and she told me her checks took almost 8 weeks to complete 😱😱

The job I start 1st August is with a private company, but have no choice because I need the money. It's just frustrating because I feel like I'm messing them around if I leave after 2/3 weeks but it is what it is.

It would just be nice to know what stage it's at so hoping I'll hear that my DBS has been processed & references contacted this week.

Did you need security clearance or just the basic checks?
The job I start 1st August is with a private company, but have no choice because I need the money. It's just frustrating because I feel like I'm messing them around if I leave after 2/3 weeks but it is what it is.

It would just be nice to know what stage it's at so hoping I'll hear that my DBS has been processed & references contacted this week.

Did you need security clearance or just the basic checks?

Yeah you can’t be out of work whilst waiting for this.

I’m sure it’s just basic checks. I do however already have CTC clearance and I sent that over to them in the application. Each department may differ though. Another guy on here just said he waited 4 weeks for the checks to go through!
Reply 12
Yeah you can’t be out of work whilst waiting for this.

I’m sure it’s just basic checks. I do however already have CTC clearance and I sent that over to them in the application. Each department may differ though. Another guy on here just said he waited 4 weeks for the checks to go through!

I've received a health questionnaire & notification from uCheck this morning. My references have also been contacted so hopefully things are moving a little quicker now. I submitted my onboarding information a week ago so think it's moving quicker than some of people that I've seen post on here
I've received a health questionnaire & notification from uCheck this morning. My references have also been contacted so hopefully things are moving a little quicker now. I submitted my onboarding information a week ago so think it's moving quicker than some of people that I've seen post on here

Really? I’ve not had that yet. Mines been more than a week, references been contacted and DBS done, nothing else yet.
Reply 14
Really? I’ve not had that yet. Mines been more than a week, references been contacted and DBS done, nothing else yet.

The health questionnaire? It might be that I only received that because I ticked that I'm on medication. I'm guessing now I only really need them to review and process my DBS check
Have you heard anything back yet?
I got an email last night saying all checks are successfully completed and they will be in touch with next steps
Reply 16
I got an email last night saying all checks are successfully completed and they will be in touch with next steps

Hi,

Not received an update as such. I received my DBS through the post yesterday though, so pretty sure that's all of the checks completed? Although, I know you received your DBS quite some time ago so could still be a while before they contact me.

Great news for you, I'm guessing it's now just a case of waiting for them to confirm a start date now for you?
Hi,

Not received an update as such. I received my DBS through the post yesterday though, so pretty sure that's all of the checks completed? Although, I know you received your DBS quite some time ago so could still be a while before they contact me.

Great news for you, I'm guessing it's now just a case of waiting for them to confirm a start date now for you?

I think it was around a week since I received DBS in post. And yes I’m assuming that’s all I’m waiting on now, I’m unsure as I don’t know why they didn’t just say that in the email rather than saying they will be in touch with the next step.
what area was it that you applied for again?
Reply 18
I think it was around a week since I received DBS in post. And yes I’m assuming that’s all I’m waiting on now, I’m unsure as I don’t know why they didn’t just say that in the email rather than saying they will be in touch with the next step.
what area was it that you applied for again?

It's been 13 days since I submitted all of the onboarding information, so references + DBS have been done quite quickly compared to others.

Yeah it's frustrating having to wait again but at least I suppose you can relaxing knowing it's confirmed & no longer provisional?

Mine is EO - Disability Services @ DWP, based in Telford, Shropshire.
Reply 19

Have you received any further update regarding a start date yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending