The Student Room Group

ASAP advice please!!

So I'm staring my AS again after a year out to sort out my mental health and stuff and to resist GCSE's I missed out on because of my mental health. So far it's going okay! I've settled into my new college, made some friends, doing well in all my AS subjects ......just one problem! GCSE maths!

I have only been to 1 class so far so it's affecting my attentence but for some sort of reason I have such a fear of the class and subject that my anxsity has been high as f these past few weeks, my appetite has gone downhill and now my college are threatening to kick me out if I do not go to maths!!! I've explained my issues with it but I feel like they really don't understand my mental health state.

Could they really kick me out even though my mental health is an explanation for me not attending or is it discrimination or something?! I really need advice about it now since my review is next week and I'm meant to have maths tomorrow. I'm just so scared ( I have a longer list of mental health issues btw, not just anxiety and panic attacks)
They can kick you out, I have been on the verge of it myself.

They may give you a leave of absence so that you can sort yourself out before they allow you to return.
Reply 2
Are you getting professional health for your issues? The only way to really and truly sort this problem out is dealing with the root of your Mental Health. If you've got some sort of proof like a letter from your GP you can use that as evidence of your situation and depending on how your college operates can be let off due to medical reasons. Make your life as fulfilling as possible,pick some new hobbies,look at the bright things...Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending