The Student Room Group

Edexcel Govt and Politics Unit 1 and 2?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bumblebizzle
What did everyone do? I did elections and parties, by far the two best questions

I did elections and literally had to ask for more paper because I wrote so much for the 25 marker!!! Also I did democracy but struggled so much with the EU question!
this is not aqa right
Original post by bsbnah
****ing hated that question!! What points did you write?

Also for elections what points did you write for it promotes democracy?? Idk i didnt like that paper

I just talked about the devolved nations and Europe with sovereignty and echr that's just general though what about you?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mollyadtr
I just talked about the devolved nations and Europe with sovereignty and echr that's just general though what about you?☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

That question was hell and not what we predicted 😂 I wrote about devolution as more reflective, however turnout is low. EU has party list = proportional, but then it's unelected unnaccountable. Then I said Devo and EU are bureocratic messes & constitutional crisis (west Lothian question), but referendum will allow more effective representative democracy...

Where was the direct democracy I wanted 😢😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoke about west lothian question and the same points to you lol maybe we didnt do as bad as we thought then lol
Everyone on twitter is complaining about the democracy 25 marker, i hope the grade boundaries are low
Original post by alevelpain
That question was hell and not what we predicted 😂 I wrote about devolution as more reflective, however turnout is low. EU has party list = proportional, but then it's unelected unnaccountable. Then I said Devo and EU are bureocratic messes & constitutional crisis (west Lothian question), but referendum will allow more effective representative democracy...

Where was the direct democracy I wanted 😢😢

Ahh yeah I wrote about the west Lothian question too!!
I was half right about representative democracy come up in some form 😂I know they could have made it much easier...but as its a new question I think they'll be more likely to be nice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bsbnah
Spoke about west lothian question and the same points to you lol maybe we didnt do as bad as we thought then lol

I doubt it lol I bet we destroyed that question after all...they might be generous with the marks as its a new question as well 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is there an unoffical mark scheme? Or can someone predict one? (Grade boundaries included?)
Ahh yeah I wrote about the west Lothian question too!!
I was half right about representative democracy come up in some form 😂I know they could have made it much easier...but as its a new question I think they'll be more likely to be nice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's true and since it was 'to what extent' you only need 4 main points and for it to be balanced so not bad
Yeah that's true and since it was 'to what extent' you only need 4 main points and for it to be balanced so not bad

Yeah exactly if you've got that you've practically got it in the bag, what other section did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah exactly if you've got that you've practically got it in the bag, what other section did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did elections, saw assess advantages of them...I got inside happiness from destroying FPTP, what about you?
I didn't do a conclusion on my final essay in the exam and I'm kicking myself but I misjudged the timing, how many marks do you think that would cost me? 6?
I did elections, saw assess advantages of them...I got inside happiness from destroying FPTP, what about you?

Exactly the same as you! It could have been a lot worse so I'm glad about thay

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shivanisinha1998
I didn't do a conclusion on my final essay in the exam and I'm kicking myself but I misjudged the timing, how many marks do you think that would cost me? 6?

No I wouldn't say six literally just 2 or 3 tops maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I wouldn't say six literally just 2 or 3 tops maybe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my gosh that's such a relief, I was so stressed about it coming out from the exam.
Oh my gosh that's such a relief, I was so stressed about it coming out from the exam.

Yeah I know how you feel!! Thankfully the intro and conclusion aren't actually as important as they suggest the conclusion is just s nice round off to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I know how you feel!! Thankfully the intro and conclusion aren't actually as important as they suggest the conclusion is just s nice round off to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much haha , I feel so much better about the exam now . I did pressure groups and elections and I found the questions pretty good.
Thank you so much haha , I feel so much better about the exam now . I did pressure groups and elections and I found the questions pretty good.

Ah awesome, I looked over the pressure group questions and they were fair and similar to past papers which is good...I also did elections and I agree it was nice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending