The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 04MR17

Btw, what antivirus software would you recommend I upgrade to? We are moving from McAfee and the A/V needs to have a minimal footprint on the system, i.e. it needs to use as little CPU resources as possible.

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by spotify95
Btw, what antivirus software would you recommend I upgrade to? We are moving from McAfee and the A/V needs to have a minimal footprint on the system, i.e. it needs to use as little CPU resources as possible.
I think we've had this chat before. I haven't got a clue about what shoe size my CPU is or whatever. But, I used to use McAfee and it was rubbish! We've been using Kaspersky for the past four years or so and it's been great, no hassle, including for internet banking.
Original post by 04MR17
I think we've had this chat before. I haven't got a clue about what shoe size my CPU is or whatever. But, I used to use McAfee and it was rubbish! We've been using Kaspersky for the past four years or so and it's been great, no hassle, including for internet banking.

Oh yeah, I remember now! I'll definitely take a look into it because anything has got to be better than McAfee!

Oh yeah, I remember now! I'll definitely take a look into it because anything has got to be better than McAfee!
Indeed
Original post by 04MR17
91585Indeed

I couldn't even run a virus scan with mcafee on my windows 7 laptop because McAfee using over 50% of my CPU makes the laptop overheat! :frown:

I couldn't even run a virus scan with mcafee on my windows 7 laptop because McAfee using over 50% of my CPU makes the laptop overheat!
One point though. We've just upgraded to Windows ten on 3 Laptops and a PC and it rejected kaspersky with every one and replaced it with windows defender! We could re-boot kaspersky once we found it in the program files but it was a bit of a pain.
Original post by 04MR17
91590One point though. We've just upgraded to Windows ten on 3 Laptops and a PC and it rejected kaspersky with every one and replaced it with windows defender! We could re-boot kaspersky once we found it in the program files but it was a bit of a pain.

That's important, thanks for that. As one of the laptops is already on windows 10 and another one will be upgraded to windows 10 soon.

What antivirus are you using on those computers then? Just windows defender?

Latest