The Student Room Group

Does body count matter ?

Personally I think it does and it’s all to do with self respect soooo
You can have a high body count and have the most self respect. It just means you wanted to go out and sleep with more people than someone who could actually have less self respect. Maybe they weren’t ready for a relationship but still wanted to have sex, that doesn’t mean they have no self respect it just means they weren’t committed to anyone once.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

What does self respect have to do with it? Although imo you should lose any of that for referring to it as a 'body count'...
Body count is like how many people they’ve done sexual stuff with right? I think it definitely matters..how’s higher the number better? I would rather date someone who’s body count is less than 3 than someone’s who’s like 20...risks are higher and makes you think they’ve either dated a lot of people which is not a good sign as sleepy they don’t last long, means chances of them catching something goes up and generally a ****.

Personally for me I would prefer someone with a very low body count, girl I’m dating has a count of two where as a girl who asked me out a few months before who I said no to had a count of at least 12 and that’s just the ones you know of..most people lie when asked, someone who’s slept with 20 people ain’t gonna turn around and say 20 when asked their count.
Nope! Whether you have a count of 0 or a count of 100 it doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable. Take no bull **** from anyone who tells you otherwise.Just stay safe!
Yes. Wouldn't want to be in a relationship with a guy that sleeps with anything that moves.
Reply 6
Yes. Every time you have sex with someone you lose something irreplaceable. My boyfriend regrets sleeping with someone that he didn't love (before me aha). Personally, I am saving myself for marriage.
Original post by Miaaaaa
Every time you have sex with someone you lose something irreplaceable.

Erm, no? :lol: You perfectly entitled to wait until marriage if you want to, but there is no need to talk nonsense. The only disadvantage to sleeping wth someone who has had multiple partners is that there is more chance of them having an STI, but if they have been checked before you sleep with them, there is no issue.
Yes it matters. Yes people who sleep around are insecure and need validation and are obsessed with being cool and trendy. Ignore those losers.
Does it matter, probably not. May it give you some indications, maybe. Just my opinion and observation. I know I generalise a lot here, but I observed a trend here.
I had some interesting experiences with girls who were really proud of their low 'body count' (I hate that expression). One was blocking everything that went further than kissing. With the other it took idk 8 or 9 months until we finally had sex. And guess what, it was absolutely awful. Talking about sex was nearly impossible, so neither of us (definitely me) did not have a lot of fun and there was no drive to change that. Believe me I am not the person to blackmail someone into having sex so I waited patiently, but I definitely learnt my lesson. Sex is an important part of a relationship (at least in my opinion), it's a bit of a bummer to realise after months that this part of your relationship is not what you want. It's really hard for me to break up with someone, because I always feel that I failed and it felt really horrible to break up with someone just because you did not like the way you were having sex (I hope I am better than reducing a relationship just to the having sex part).

Well, I finally had to admit, that I don't want to have a relationship where the sex isn't good (guess I am a lot less sophisticated than I hoped to be). So after these experiences I definitely prefer to have sex early. And that means I am looking for someone who is not maintaining a low body count. I don't think that mixes well with having sex on the first or second date.

Body count doesn't really matter, but I would be reminded of bad experiences if you emphasize how low your number is. It's totally okay if you want to keep it low and are proud of it, but it's likely that we aren't compatible.
So fellow gentleman: Think wisely what you wish for. I'd rather have someone with a high body count than going through the same experience again.
This is sad but true and I totally agree with the above reply. I don't think I could be with somebody who has a 'low body count' (ew.) because it'd be like having sex as a teen again...unless I REALLY liked him enough to be able to have sex with somebody inexperienced. I wouldn't say I'm proud of having a 'high' one, but you only live once so I'd never judge somebody for it. Just like I wouldn't judge somebody for the opposite. Just two different types of people.
Not at all, sex is natural. Just like every other natural aspect of life, sex is natural too. Would you say that your hunger or your thirst would be reflective of your personality or self respect? Sex is a beautiful process, much like any other natural process. It is society that has insinuated that sex should be something that correlates with your self respect or personality.
No! Body count does not matter! :smile:

no matter about self respect! yes some women may have gone over board, a persons body count shouldn’t represent how much respect they have for themselves!!
Body count is like how many people they’ve done sexual stuff with right? I think it definitely matters..how’s higher the number better? I would rather date someone who’s body count is less than 3 than someone’s who’s like 20...risks are higher and makes you think they’ve either dated a lot of people which is not a good sign as sleepy they don’t last long, means chances of them catching something goes up and generally a ****.

Personally for me I would prefer someone with a very low body count, girl I’m dating has a count of two where as a girl who asked me out a few months before who I said no to had a count of at least 12 and that’s just the ones you know of..most people lie when asked, someone who’s slept with 20 people ain’t gonna turn around and say 20 when asked their count.

i will gladly admit to my body count even tho it isn’t exactly low, my body count is 30. but someone’s body count shouldn’t define the person, their are much more aspects. much more important ones at that.

yes there is a higher chance of catching something but hence why protection is invented, if a women wants to go out and sleep with 20+ lads she can same with a man. but she shouldn’t be bullied or slated for her body count.

It’s like men get validation from having a high body count saying that they’re a “stud” however women get slated by being called a “slut” just because they’ve “been around the block”

a persons body count is natural no matter the gender if a male has a high body count then it means they’re more likely to have more experience than someone who has a lower body count, and it’s the same for females.
(edited 3 years ago)
If you feel like someones body count is too high for you, then that is a perfectly valid reason to not date them. And you shouldn't let them manipulate you into thinking otherwise. :smile:
Not at all. Guys around here say 20 or 30 is too high, but consider this: Assume a girl lives in a large city, such as London, which has 8 million people. Approximately 4 million out of every eight mil are men, with 3 million or so adults. If only 5% of these men are the most desirable (hot, funny, caring, witty...), you only have about 150.000 potential candidates. ******* 20-30 guys out of a population of 150.000 is nothing.
Erm, no? :lol: You perfectly entitled to wait until marriage if you want to, but there is no need to talk nonsense. The only disadvantage to sleeping wth someone who has had multiple partners is that there is more chance of them having an STI, but if they have been checked before you sleep with them, there is no issue.

Oh wow i just found this thing today, ahahah, people are funny. But yea, thats how people who never have sex assume sex is like "you lose something". That boyfriend never regret the sex, he regret when he found out sex is not a binding, then he's afraid for judgement and same result from virtue signaling new girlfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest