The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Friends at Uni

I commute from home and am finding it really hard to make any real friends. Everyone else seems to really be enjoying uni and i feel like it is all work and no fun. Anybody else feel like they haven't really got along with anyone yet?
Reply 1
Hey, I feel the exact same. I started my year living in halls but I was given pretty much the worst accommodation as everything was so far. I felt like all my flatmates got on better with each other and I was the outsider and felt quite lonely. Because of this, I commute now and I do sometimes feel that it's reinforced my feelings of loneliness. I've only made acquaintances with people in my seminars as it's hard to actually speak to people during my lectures but haven't plucked up the courage to actually hang out with them after lectures because they all go in their own groups :/
Hopefully it will work out for us :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by SP1896
Hey, I feel the exact same. I started my year living in halls but I was given pretty much the worst accommodation as everything was so far. I felt like all my flatmates got on better with each other and I was the outsider and felt quite lonely. Because of this, I commute now and I do sometimes feel that it's reinforced my feelings of loneliness. I've only made acquaintances with people in my seminars as it's hard to actually speak to people during my lectures but haven't plucked up the courage to actually hang out with them after lectures because they all go in their own groups :/
Hopefully it will work out for us :smile:

Aw that sucks. What are you studying? Hope it isn't too long of a commute for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending