The Student Room Group

I use a menstrual cup AMA!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Viva Emptiness
It was part of the biology GCSE and comprehensively covered at the one I went to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't covered by my exam board.
I wish these worked for me.
what's wrong with pads?!
Lmao TSR.
Thread re-opened. If you see any other offensive posts, please report them and CT will deal with them accordingly.

TSR does not tolerate insults, people are vulnerable, please be thoughtful of what you post to users and how it may affect them. Thanks.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ladymusiclover
How effective are they? Can't they leak/overflow?

They can overflow and leak, if you're incredibly heavy you might not be able to leave it in for the full 12 hours, it totally depends on the person.

Original post by catwat99
Did you get your cup to work properly straight away?
I bought one a while ago but could never get it to stop leaking

Nope, took me 3 cycles to get it right and even know it can leak if I put it in wrong. Practice makes perfect!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bad_username
what's wrong with pads?!

Nothing, but I prefer cups because, like a tampon, you dont feel the blood coming out of you. Also pads feel like you're wearing a nappy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
*nudges back up to the top because I'm bored*
when you say messy... how messy ?

Like would you only be able to remove it at home, or can it be done in a public bathroom like you can do with a tampon/pad ?
Original post by Viva Emptiness
You're pretty sassy for someone with a terribly rudimentary knowledge of their own body.

Moment of silence for Cupcakes87
Original post by evalilyXOX
when you say messy... how messy ?

Like would you only be able to remove it at home, or can it be done in a public bathroom like you can do with a tampon/pad ?

You would be able to do it in a public bathroom so long as you were careful and had either a bottle of water on you or the specially made "cup wipes". But once you got home I would recommend washing it throughly.

Messiness depends on how full the cup is and how careful you are.
Original post by PurplePixie96
You would be able to do it in a public bathroom so long as you were careful and had either a bottle of water on you or the specially made "cup wipes". But once you got home I would recommend washing it throughly.

Messiness depends on how full the cup is and how careful you are.

ahhh okay. Thanks for replying ! :smile:
Original post by evalilyXOX
ahhh okay. Thanks for replying ! :smile:

No problem :smile:
I feel out of place in this thread but I am trying to work out why an individual would choose to put a reusable, silicone cup up their vagina when disposable, easy-to-use, less messy tampons are available.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nigel Farage MEP
I feel out of place in this thread but I am trying to work out why an individual would choose to put a reusable, silicone cup up their vagina when disposable, easy-to-use, less messy tampons are available.

Because tampons dry out the vagina walls and that can be uncomfortable to use, also the fact that in long run you save money.
Reply 115
Original post by Nigel Farage MEP

You can touch the pussy without having blood on your hands or mouth. Seems a very good reason to me. We should promote menstrual cups. :u:
Original post by Josb
You can touch the pussy without having blood on your hands or mouth. Seems a very good reason to me. We should promote menstrual cups. :u:

Haha, preach! :wink:
Original post by Josb

:u:
What are these cups you speak of? :zomg:
Original post by stop888
What are these cups you speak of? :zomg:

Quick Reply

Latest