The Student Room Group
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London

Information Technology – Course Ambassador Q&A

Scroll to see replies

Weekly Update 7th March - 12th March

This week, I have been memorising commands within Ubuntu, it is going well and I feel like I will be done after a little more practise. Apart from that, I have been revising for my UML exam coming up in May. Revision has been going well and looking forward to Easter break, even though I will be working and revising for most of it, I can still look forward to doing everything in my own time and at home!

Parth
Middlesex Course Ambassador
Information Technology
The Quad, Middlesex University
Middlesex University
London
Reply 21
Original post by Parth at MDX
Weekly Update 7th March - 12th March

This week, I have been memorising commands within Ubuntu, it is going well and I feel like I will be done after a little more practise. Apart from that, I have been revising for my UML exam coming up in May. Revision has been going well and looking forward to Easter break, even though I will be working and revising for most of it, I can still look forward to doing everything in my own time and at home!

Parth
Information Technology

Hello can you tell me about finding a job there ? Are you living with other students ? What about the course (Computer Science) I got an offer from Middlesex UNI and I am undecided about it.
Hello,

Apologies for the late reply. There are many job opportunities available such as student ambassadors, there are also retail jobs in clothing stores or jobs at restaurants

I live at home and commute but it is a new experience living with new people from what I hear. The course is rather unique than other courses, in the first year there are no lectures there are only workshops;l in these workshops you will be working on various projects ranging from programming to coding electronics and devices.

Parth
Information Technology
Hello Everyone,

I have not done a weekly update for a while as i have just been revising for exams, not much to report about that just generic revision. Alongside that, I was finishing off a coursework in which we are given a case study, we then have to analyse the issues with the business and how to solve them. This is more theoretical based coursework but nonetheless it engages the mind as it also fun. We then had to create a disaster recovery plan for the business. University is finished for the year except for exams!

Parth
Information Technology
Hello,

I will be doing the Computer Forensics course this September, and i haven't done any computer subject for my A / As levels.

I wanted to know, are there any programming languages that i'll need to have a basic knowledge of before i start my degree?
Hello,

I would recommend familiarising yourself with some JavaScript as it will be one of your modules.

Parth
Information Technology
Reply 26
Hello,

I am starting to study from October this year at our university so I thought if there are extra-curricular activities with topics of programming? I would have the opportunity to exchange and develop knowledge with colleagues also after classes.

Artur

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending